PDA

View Full Version : Bra shopping revisited

suzanne
01-06-2007, 01:52 AM
Sorry to take this route again, as I saw the earlier thread about bra shopping, but there was a point that I'm curious about which didn't seem to get mentioned.

When you do go bra shopping, are you always dressed en femme, or is it something that can be done in drab as well? If in drab, do you ever use the fitting room at the store?

I haven't yet taken myself shopping for a bra and I'm trying to figure out how to do it with the least resistance.

rachelcd
01-06-2007, 04:41 AM
hi suzanne when i go bra shopping i go in drab all the time and i ask the SAs if i can try them on and i havent had any problems yet. i havent even had someone look at me strange. so if i were you i would go in drab if you have the guts.

Stephenie S
01-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Going in guy mode takes away the added question about "passing". If you are nervous it will show. Shopping should be fun. It's a fun thing to do dressed, but if you are nervous and anxious about that, just go in guy mode. Always remember that stores want (no, HAVE) to sell stuff in order to survive. No one is going to give you a hard time for buying stuff in their store. On the contrary, they will love you for it. The more you buy, the more they will love you. That's one of the reasons that shopping is fun. You have an instant friend when you start to spend money. In my years of shopping I have had only one SA tell me not to use the changing room, and her manager straightened her out immediately.

Go shopping however you feel most comfortable. It matters not what you look like when you are spending money.

Lovies,
Steph

JessieLynn
01-06-2007, 02:33 PM
When i go shopping whether it be for bras, shoes, clothes I'm at least partially dressed, girls jeans, t-shirt, bra and panties, nice shoes or boots. Basically because thats as far as I've ever gone, I do not own a wig (yet) and I'm not adept at applying make-up nor how to completly remove it so there is no trace of for my wife to see. But I do wear a little lip gloss though. I try on stuff all the time with no problem, sometimes the SA's ask me if need a fitting room. As long as your confident in your self you'll be ok.
Have fun and go try on some clothes!!!

Glenda58
01-06-2007, 03:30 PM
I always go shopping dress but like Stephenie it's suppose to be fun and if you don't feel comfortable dressed don't.

Alysin CD
01-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Drab works for me. Don't forget your brestforms tho. VS is very accomodating to CD's in drab.

Alysin

Amy Hepker
01-07-2007, 10:25 AM
When I need one I go buy it. The main problem I have is that I am so tall that most Bras bring the breasts up to my face. The straps are to short. I did find a Bra that I like, it is sold at (believe it or not) Dollar General. These have longer straps and can adjust for taller figures. No, I never try them on in stores, because I don't go out dressed, but I know alot of others do try them on even in drab.

brandie
01-07-2007, 02:55 PM
when i shop i do it in drab (usually on my way to work) and have never had even a question raised. not ready for going out just yet,hope to some time this year

Stephanie-L
01-07-2007, 03:49 PM
I usually shop for bras in drab, though wearing my bra and forms, and have never had a real problem when asking to try one on. In some stores, especially Avenue, Lane Bryant, and Fredericks, the SA's are very helpful, bringing me different sizes and colors or styles to try on, just like any gg. I recently went for my first fitting en femme, at Nordstroms, and also had no problem there. So, if you are comfortable, go en femme, if not, go in drab, but at least wear your forms if you use them. Stephanie

atxpantyboy
01-08-2007, 04:29 PM
I have only shopped in drab, but always enjoy the experience. I'm usually up front that I am shopping for myself, although I am also discreet about it. I love trying on in the stores, too, and have never had any problems. I've tried on lingerie in VS, Lane Bryant, Fredericks, and Torrid. Torrid was quite the experience because the store was fairly busy, I was in the first changing stall and you could see me from shoulders up as I tried on a French Maid's bustier and matching panties. A few girls in the store saw me going in and again when they walked by my stall. That was a rush. "Yes, I'm a guy. Yes, I like to wear lingerie." I'm pretty comfortable with that attitude when shopping now.

LindaG
01-08-2007, 04:43 PM
I always buy mine in Drab. I am a 38c helps if you know what you are.
and even though my wife knows that I crossdress she does not know when
She looks at cloths in the womans department I am dying inside because half of the things she looks at I want to get for myself