PDA

View Full Version : Nails!

Julie
01-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Friday I put on a full set of press on nails. The brand is Kiss 1 Easy Step, my favorite.

I am still wearing them and have certainly put them through the test. Friday and Saturday we had about 8-10 inches of snow. They made it through shoveling the driveway and walkway, twice!

They stayed on through a shower.

I went over to Jacki's later and they stayed on all night, through several bathroom trips (pantyhose off and on) and glove wearings.

They stayed on through another shoveling this morning.

They stayed on through another shower after that.

And they are still on!

I have taken off my watch twice, which requires nails to undo the clasp. I have changed earrings several times. I undid the clasp on my necklace using the nails. I have opened a pop top can of soup (a little tough). These things just won't fall off! I am so used to them now I sometimes don't realize they are on. I had to change they way I use my fingers but now it's almost second nature. I don't want to remove them, they feel so right.

I will wear them to bed tonight but will have to take them off for work tomorrow. I don't think it's a good idea to wear them to a construction site, or maybe I could start a new trend.:rolleyes:

rachel_jean
01-23-2005, 10:52 PM
I will wear them to bed tonight but will have to take them off for work tomorrow. I don't think it's a good idea to wear them to a construction site, or maybe I could start a new trend.:rolleyes:

You could test the waters on the job site by painting some 3D & 4D nails and see what happens. :D

Rachel Jean

Tristen Cox
01-23-2005, 11:03 PM
Julie great to see you around! I can't argue with you about the nails they're just awesome! http://www.geocities.com/tristencx/icons/bigsmile.gif Trying to get my real nails to grow long is such a problem cause they end up weak at the tip. But they're getting there. Have a great night, don't forget to take those off before you go to work in the morning ;)

*hugs*
Tristen

Wendy me
01-23-2005, 11:17 PM
trust me don't forget the nails in the morning...........it can be a biggy

love you girlfreind

Holly
01-24-2005, 12:55 AM
Julie,

Nails are one of my favorite girl things. The ones your wearing, are the generally available or do you order them special?

Julie
01-24-2005, 06:59 AM
Julie,

Nails are one of my favorite girl things. The ones your wearing, are the generally available or do you order them special?
I buy mine at Ulta. They have the best selection. Some nails Kiss makes are too small so you have to make sure you are buying the largest available (if you have 'man hands'). The ones I buy are pearl white and cost $3.99 a set. I then polish them whatever color I want. I have about 6-7 sets now (before this weekend I have managed to lose at least one nail a night). After you use them once you will need to reapply some glue. The best I have found is Aleene's Tack-It Over and Over. You turn the nails up inside their plastic container and dab a small amount on each nail. I use a small wooden spreader to cover the entire inside (but keep below your nail line). They take several hours to dry so plan ahead.

The set I wore for the weekend had the Aleene's glue on them. I think it's stronger than the factory glue. I bought the glue at Michael's, a craft store.

Julie
01-24-2005, 07:04 AM
I removed the nails this morning (that work thing, you know). Almost every one required some work to get them off. Only the index fingers came off without a lot of effort. I believe I could have worn them two or more days before any fell off. I think the Aleene's glue was the reason they held so well for so long.

I'm sold. Now I have to leave for work :(

crispy
01-24-2005, 07:32 AM
good to see you posting again, Julie. We've missed you. Don't ever stay away so long again.

PS we've really been misbehavin' in your absence - HE-HE !! :D

Tristen Cox
01-24-2005, 10:39 AM
I removed the nails this morning (that work thing, you know). Almost every one required some work to get them off. Only the index fingers came off without a lot of effort. I believe I could have worn them two or more days before any fell off. I think the Aleene's glue was the reason they held so well for so long.

Aaaww sorry Julie. Such a short time and then they have to come off, but hey it's worth the wait to get them back on.:) Don't worry too much about it.

Btw on another note.. can we ban Crispy? No huh??.. darn it :p

DanaJ
01-24-2005, 10:44 AM

I'm sold. Now I have to leave for work :( Those nails sound great Julie! But why not just get them done professionally, and have them all the time? I don't know if you have seen any of my nail threads, if not take a look at how I keep my nails.

I work construction too (steelworking at that), and I mean I am one of the worker ants :) Go for it, you will love it!

DanaJ

Georgette
01-24-2005, 10:49 AM

Julie not to brag but since I retired I have my own out to where my manicurist says they are getting there and they do look great. everyone asks why I wear my protective laytex gloves when I am out in the yard, LOL and I tell them why not.
Anyway that sounds great. :rolleyes:

Julie
01-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Those nails sound great Julie! But why not just get them done professionally, and have them all the time? I don't know if you have seen any of my nail threads, if not take a look at how I keep my nails.

I work construction too (steelworking at that), and I mean I am one of the worker ants :) Go for it, you will love it!

DanaJ
Don't see that happening! Maybe electricians notice more but just today I was putting on cherry chapstick and one of the guys said "Oooh! That's pretty smelling lipstick'. Some guys just can't keep anything to themselves.

I'll err on the safe side and just stay with the stick-ons.

wilma
01-24-2005, 10:43 PM
I'll have to try those nails. I'v been trying to grow my nails and I'm also in the construction trade. Impossible to get them very long without chiping. Thanks for the advise. LOL Wilma

nikky
01-24-2005, 11:00 PM
julie nails are great arnt they. i spend many weekends with my nails on but of course monday comes and it just doesnt go over well. i always keep my toenails nice though. pretty pink as we speak.

god girls have it made. :)

crispy
01-25-2005, 12:00 AM
Btw on another note.. can we ban Crispy?
what more abuse and BDSM ? .......... love it !! :)

.................... oh, you said 'ban' .... I thought........ 'bang' ???? .... no?

...................... dammit, now I'm sunk. no home to go to. :(

don't let her do this, girls.

PS sorry, I'm hijacking. Love your nails Julie, honest. :) :o

Akyra
01-25-2005, 05:28 AM
what more abuse and BDSM ? .......... love it !!

you would now learn to spel. sowwy julie love wearing those nails, its addicting ;)

janice4ever
01-25-2005, 08:02 AM
undefinedundefinedI have big hands,where can I get press on nails that will fit my big nails. :)

sherri
01-25-2005, 11:55 AM
That Aleene's glue is a great tip, Julie. I've been wearing the Kiss press-ons for a long time, but can never get more that one problem-free wearing because the soft glue stays on my real nails when I take the Kiss nails off.

Sometimes I even have trouble with one or two staying on the first wearing. Before putting them on, I usually scuff my nails a little with a nail file and then clean them with polish remover. I did that Saturday night and one still came loose. Other times they're rock solid. Go figure.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. Wish I could find them for $3.99! I pay $5.67 at WalMart. By the way, Kiss now sells a press-on toenail set. I bought some but haven't tried them yet.

One night I couldn't find the Kiss nails and had to buy some glue-ons. The glue was basically super glue. Took me forever to get them to stick, and afterwards, I scraped super glue off my real nails for days! I'll never do that again.

sherri
01-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Janice, I had a friend with incredibly wide, flat nails. We worked for an hour one night trying to get glue-ons to stay on. Finally gave up. I don't know what the solution would be unless you take DanaJ's advice and have some done by a professional.

Leslie(TV)
01-25-2005, 02:08 PM
http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product.asp?dept%5Fid=3320&pf%5Fid=202140

For those with wide nail beds and have a local Sally beauty supply....

DonnaT
01-25-2005, 10:54 PM
At Sally's use the keyword "tips" to find all nail tips (plus other stuf)

http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product.asp?pf%5Fid=164680&dept%5Fid=3320

Julie
01-25-2005, 11:38 PM
That Aleene's glue is a great tip, Julie. I've been wearing the Kiss press-ons for a long time, but can never get more that one problem-free wearing because the soft glue stays on my real nails when I take the Kiss nails off.

Sometimes I even have trouble with one or two staying on the first wearing. Before putting them on, I usually scuff my nails a little with a nail file and then clean them with polish remover. I did that Saturday night and one still came loose. Other times they're rock solid. Go figure.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. Wish I could find them for $3.99! I pay $5.67 at WalMart. By the way, Kiss now sells a press-on toenail set. I bought some but haven't tried them yet.

One night I couldn't find the Kiss nails and had to buy some glue-ons. The glue was basically super glue. Took me forever to get them to stick, and afterwards, I scraped super glue off my real nails for days! I'll never do that again.
Sherri,

The more I use it the more I like the Aleene's Tack It Over and Over. Just make sure you get that type as the other Aleene glues won't work. As for super glue, my nails haven't seen them for several months and I am just now seeing the damage done from them make it to the tips. They wrecked my nails!

As long as we are part time it makes sense to me to use press on nails. I'm a nail nut and have tried everything available locally and only the Kiss brand really works. But if you find a nail that isn't press on but fits your taste or budget just buy the Aleene's glue and make your own press ons. :D

sherri
01-25-2005, 11:58 PM
Sherri,

The more I use it the more I like the Aleene's Tack It Over and Over. Just make sure you get that type as the other Aleene glues won't work. As for super glue, my nails haven't seen them for several months and I am just now seeing the damage done from them make it to the tips. They wrecked my nails!

As long as we are part time it makes sense to me to use press on nails. I'm a nail nut and have tried everything available locally and only the Kiss brand really works. But if you find a nail that isn't press on but fits your taste or budget just buy the Aleene's glue and make your own press ons. :D

Revlon also makes some really nice press-ons, even nicer than Kiss, but more expensive too.

Linda-x
01-26-2005, 12:16 AM
I used the Kiss easy step press on nails for the first time on New Years day. I was at a club dancing till late, and they stayed on with no problem. They also came off with a hot water soaking the next day, with out to much trouble. My complaint is 'how do you function with long nails' ? I mean buttoning my blouse, going to the bathromm,(panty hose ect., became a major task !! I was in the ladys room at the club, talking to a really cute GG, and I asked her how girls work, and get along with these. She just laughted, and showed me her nails, which were fairly short, and said, "that is why I don't have long nails". Oh well, I still love how they look. I've only used glue, or press on nails a few times, and it did'nt seem to get easier . Is it one of those, 'practice makes perfect, things'.

Holly
01-26-2005, 12:33 AM
...Is it one of those, 'practice makes perfect, things'.It absolutely is. My biggest challenge was learning how to put in and take out my soft contanct lenses (TIP- Do not try and use the tip of your finger. Instead put the lens on the side of your finger before putting it in your eye. Use the sides of one finger from each hand to "pinch" the lens off the eye when removing).

Whoever said that blondes are dumb?

Julie
01-26-2005, 06:54 AM
My complaint is 'how do you function with long nails' ? I mean buttoning my blouse, going to the bathromm,(panty hose ect., became a major task !!
I had the pleasure of wearing them for almost 36 straight hours and in that time I removed and reinserted contact lenses twice, did and undid the clasp on my necklace, bracelet and watch, buttoned many buttons and undid them again, showered, shampooed, shoveled snow, did laundry, cleaned the kitchen and did a lot of typing.

I wear nails at least once a week so I have had some expereince but wearing them for three days was interesting. So many things have to be done differently but they can still be done. By the time the end of the weekend approached I found myself doing many things that were initially difficult with relative ease. In fact after I removed them I was still doing some things as if I had nails.

There's no doubt I will have longer nails once I'm full time. As long as my real nails cooperate I see no reason not to. One thing I look forward to is not having to worry they will fall off. As for breaking them, well I guess that's the trade off.

Wendy me
01-26-2005, 07:09 AM
i just can't get use to them temp nails .........luckey in abought a week my nail grow quite long and for the most part are pretty stong.............although after getting busted for polish we have to watch out....................