PDA

View Full Version : My latest makeover adventure (sorta long)

DanaJ
01-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Well, my latest makeover adventure turned out to be a lot of fun! It almost didn't though - after finding the new makeup artist that I mentioned in this thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46937), she sort of flaked out on me. She stood me up on one appointment before Christmas, and stopped answering my phone calls. But, she was going through some sort of personal crisis, and I think everything is cleared up now.

It turned out that there are now three other girls there that have been asking about me a lot, and now they also want a crack at making me over :) So, on Friday night, I was double teamed by my previous makeup artist (I'll call her T), and a new girl who is a hairdresser (she will be known as R). Actually, it worked out fine, as T is great at makeup but doesn't know hair, and R is a hairdresser but doesn't know how to do makeup real well.

When my nail tech - who I love dearly because she is the one who helped break the ice and asked these girls for me - found out about my upcoming makeover, she wanted in too, so she made an appointment for a full set of nails for me. I went in on Friday morning, where L (my nail tech) did a nice set of tips with a fiberglass overlay, with a gorgeous pink and white French polish. When I showed a little concern about the nails being a little longer than I wanted, she asked me "Who's nails are these - yours or mine?" LOL

I came back to the salon later in the day for the makeover, and I found out that R the hairdreser was very nervous. I pulled her aside and tried to put her at ease (I hoped), and then I found out that yet another girl who worked there heard about the makeover, and she was very intrigued by it all and wanted to stay and watch. But, there was some sort of feminine competition thing (or something) going on, so the T and R didn't want her to stay, two's company and three's a crowd I guess LOL

Anyway, we started the makeover. but then it was decided (with little input from me :)) that my brows needed some work. So off we went to the wax room. I laid back and there was some waxing, some tweezing and trimming - and a lot of discussion from T and R about how femme they were going to go with my brows. They decided that more would be done next time - when I asked them how did they know I would be back next time, they just laughed and said they would make sure I had so much fun that I would have no choice but to come back!

They then picked through the clothes I brought, and picked out a plaid skirt, green top and high-heeled boots for me to wear. I got changed and then the makeover started. T quickly applied my foundation, while R took a look at the wigs I brought. We had a lot of fun, there was much teasing, picking on each other and laughing during the entire makeover - this is what really makes the makeover worthwhile to me. Yes, the final result is important, but the interaction and experience during the makeover is equally important to me.

After the makeover was finished, R chose a dark wig (which I generally do not like) and trimmed it up a bit. Since this one was a human hair wig, she styled it a bit with a curling iron. A few squirts of hair spray, some jewelry stuck on me, doused with perfume too - and we were ready for photos!

We ended up taking almost 100 photos, but when I checked them after I got home, I was SO depressed! I had the wrong flash setting on the camera, so all the pix came out really badly! Crap!!! I think I can salvage a few of them, but they aren't going to look that great. Anyway, we changed wigs several times, I even got brave enough to go outside and take a few pix at my car (a first for me!).

All good things must end, so I undressed, cleaned up, got back into my male duds - and there were many hugs between the three of us. Both T and R said they had a great time, and hadn't laughed and had such a good time in a long while. I really feel that I not only have found a couple of fantastic makeover girls, but a couple of new great friends too!

Pix will be posted in the Photo Gallery soon, if I can save a few of them from my stupidity :)

edit: Photos have been posted here - http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=694631#post694631

Here is a small preview :)

Holly
01-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Rock on, DanaJ... rock on! Sounds like you had yet another great adventure. Bummer about the camera, though.

Cynthia_0101
01-06-2007, 11:33 AM
That sounds like a really great day. I have found a few places in the town where I live that are willing to do make overs for CD's. I am thinking about doing it myself.

Cynthia

Lauren Richards
01-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Dana,
Great session, and thanks for the details. Now that you have gotten outsided and into the car, maybe you will go for a drive sometime. You could do it, and the only second looks would be of admiration.

Lauren

EricaCD
01-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Well, first and foremost I am delighted that everything worked out with the girls at that salon. It was disappointing to consider that you were so close, yet so far...

As for the photos. One word: WOW!

(I agree with you about preferring the lighter hair color but they all look great.)

Just terrific. Thanks for sharing!

Erica

Di
01-06-2007, 01:19 PM
How fun!!!!!!!!! And the pic is very pretty:thumbsup:

Sophia Rearen
01-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Hmmm, L.T.R., a curious acronym. Hopefully, these girls and you have a Long Term Relationship. Sounds like trouble is brewing. Can a girls night out be far away?

Michelle I
01-06-2007, 02:41 PM
DanaJ:

This photo has to be the best one yet, you are beautiful:happy:. The session sounded like so much fun.

Melissa

DanaJ
01-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks for all your comments! Lauren, you sound like those two girls, they were trying their best to get me to go home, top down, completely dressed LOL

OMG Sophia - I didn't even think about those initials, and they were in the right order too! Scary :nailbiting:

Billie1
01-06-2007, 03:39 PM
After such a wonderful session (the pix you posted speak for themselves), how did you you bring yourself to get back into male mode? +?

Fantastic results, and it sounds like you had a great time, too!:thumbsup:

Rachel Morley
01-06-2007, 08:20 PM
:OMG: Dana! ....to be "worked on" by two GGs who want to make you look pretty and "turn you into a girl" seems awesome to me! :D hee hee. As I said in the other picture thread, I think the dark wig looks good on you, but I do agree you look really good in the light one too. Your makeup looks awesome (well it would wouldn't it - duh!) you look so deliciously feminine to me..even in the way you pose. I like the soft focus touch on the pics too, very romantic and sexy :D

veronicagirl
01-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Those fingernails are just awesome! I, too, agree that you should have paid and tipped those gals, gotten in your car with the top down and with a wild, feminine wave, gone down the street!

Billijo49504
01-07-2007, 12:08 AM
I showed the link pics to my wife and asked if it was a guy or a girl. She said as long as you asked, it must be a guy, but I wouldn't have known without you saying that...BJ
ps she said you look better in the blonde wig..BJ

Amy Hepker
01-07-2007, 12:11 AM
Dana, You are so Lucky to have a Makeover. You look Great too!

suchacutie
01-07-2007, 12:23 AM
Dana, I have read many of your posts since I arrived here about 18 months ago, including the Beauty Forum, so when I started to read about your make-over and got down to the pic....omg....what an incredible make-over! You look just fabulous!

tina

Chiana
01-07-2007, 12:45 AM
If I ever looked half that good, I certainly would have a hard time taking it off. Being relatively new here, this is only my 2nd Dana makeover. The last one was so terrific, I was really looking forward to the next one. It does not disappoint. You go girl. You're hot. Just don't take it off next time and go share that beautiful look with the world out there.

S. Lisa Smith
01-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Glad everything worked out well!!!

deedee2
01-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Dana, you look marvelous. I love your nails too. You look good enough to go clubbing without a worry on passing. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.:thumbsup:

sara_also
01-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Dana,
What can we say but "WOW" the picture is outstanding. You look like you would knock the socks off any male that sees you. I want to be made over to look just like you..Beautiful

GINA-CD
01-07-2007, 12:30 PM
wow, you just look beautiful... beautiful. no more to say.

Joy Carter
01-07-2007, 12:33 PM
I think the girls thought it would be a challenge to make up a guy like that. I think those girls could do some additional business if they advertise here. BTW I'd have taken them out to dinner dressed as you are if I looked that good. They certainly deserved that much.

Kate Simmons
01-07-2007, 12:38 PM
You look fabulous as usual Dana. You are a very beautiful girl.:happy:

marie354
01-07-2007, 12:38 PM
You look very good. Sounds like so much fun.

susie evans
01-07-2007, 12:40 PM
dana
what a great experince i think it was well woth it and you had a lot of fun and made some new friends in the process and i also think it opened some doors for other girls in your area to expernce this also keep up the good work:hugs:
susie

DanaJ
01-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks everyone :hugs: I will have to ask them if they would like to do other CDers. The problem, is I have a hard enough time getting them pinned down for an appointment. Plus, I have the added advantage of having my nail tech there (who has known me for a while) to "pimp" for me...... before these girls would see me, she had to vouch that I was OK :)

Anyway - next makeover will be in a few weeks, I will have to see what sort of ideas they have, we still have a sequin gown pagent look to do sometime....