PDA

View Full Version : My how you have changed!!

Kelsy
01-06-2007, 10:35 AM
To everyone who has come out to someone,

How have you changed since and what changes have those people in your life seen in you!!!???

Jennifer:happy:

marie354
01-06-2007, 11:06 AM
I told all of my family and most of my friends over the past month since I've been on this site and some have mixed emotions, some are OK with it. All do accept it in one way or another though.
Changes?.... I'm a lot happier for the most part and a bit more relaxed, not having to worry about hiding if a friend or relative knocks at the door.
Even my SO, who is my closest friend, says that my life has brightened up a lot since I've begun to accept myself.
:hugs:

Penny
01-06-2007, 11:17 AM
I told all of my family and most of my friends over the past month since I've been on this site and some have mixed emotions, some are OK with it. All do accept it in one way or another though.
Changes?.... I'm a lot happier for the most part and a bit more relaxed, not having to worry about hiding if a friend or relative knocks at the door.
Even my SO, who is my closest friend, says that my life has brightened up a lot since I've begun to accept myself.
:hugs:
:thumbsup:

Country girl
01-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Hi JKS,
Let's see, we have loads of fun talking about clothes, shoes, boots, purses, wigs, makeup, panty hose, thigh highs and panties! We have more fun shopping for new things. You LOVE getting dressed up even for a little while. In short? You are happier and more relaxed since you have had someone to share with. :hugs: Baby.

:love: CG gg

Sierra Evon
01-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Told my Grandma last year and sent her a photo , she still sends me $$ gifts each year for X-mas , not sure if she has understanding or what she's 89 or 90 now , she may not have thought it was me +?

Jenna1561
01-06-2007, 06:06 PM
I told my wife last July, she's tolerant, but not supportive.

I have a lot less stress in my life and am generally happier. I can keep my clothes in my closet and chest-of-drawers instead of a locked footlocker. And I generally wear more obvious women's clothes now in drab than I did before.

Jenna

Billijo49504
01-07-2007, 12:19 AM
My wife has known since 1984. But in stepps.
Now she shopps for me at Lane Bryant stores. That was my Christmas present from her. I got several tops and several underwear items. A gurl never tells...BJ

Amy Hepker
01-07-2007, 12:28 AM
I have started to change quite a bit lately, and talk to those who know more about it.

NatalieBliss
01-07-2007, 12:28 AM
I told my little sister and my best guy friend. neither of them have talked to me about it since (nor I to them), but every thing is the same as before outwardly. Inside I feel more relaxed around them as they both know all my secrets.

Susiegirl
01-07-2007, 09:33 AM
My wife has known for years I know it made us closer than we were before

BELINDA HART
01-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Hi, i came out to my sister three months ago and we are probably closer than ever before. we were out food shopping together and i suddenly got this emormous urge to come out to her. i told her to come home with me and when she did, i virtually came straight out with it. since then, she says that i come across as being much more relaxed and happier with myself. we are closer than ever before and have been out "girly" shopping a few times together. she said that she always knew that there was something a little different about me, but thought i was probably gay. we have a good laugh about it, especially when i tell her which of her outfits i used to borrow when i was in my early teens(she says i can remember the outfits much better than she can). she even calls me "Bel" when theres no-one else around. she r
eckons she has the best of both worlds now and i do too!:love: belinda

JenniferR771
01-07-2007, 10:32 AM
My wife is still angry since she discovered me wearing her clothes. But getting a little more relaxed--although she refuses to say the words, except when she calls me a transvestite. But I don't try to hide my stuff or my photos so much anymore or pretend I am going to those once a month "business" meetings. She can be a little abrasive at times--probably nothing to do with CD. She doesn't search for my stuff. I am supposed to keep it out of sight. But actually I am thinking about purposely moving a few more things into my closet. I keep pushing her for more acceptance.

Glenda
01-07-2007, 11:00 AM
I've been out to friends and family for several years. I guess the biggest difference in my life is the fact that I don't fret over people showing up unannounced or calling to see if they can stop by. I won't neglect to run errands because I'm dressed. I don't make up excuses why I can't stop by a friend's house when invited. I don't feel trapped by my desire to dress. Well, I don't but I do. Strange.

(Almost) everyone loves to see me show up as Glenda. Most people tell me that it is wonderful that I live my life on my terms rather than being who others think I should be. I guess that is because most people (not just crossdressers) worry about how they are perceived by others. They also realize that I have not changed since I started crossdressing. Most knew me as Glen long before I knew Glenda even existed.

I don't have the desire to go out as much as I used to. I really think this is more attributable to my comfort level at home and a lack of desire to go out as often as I used to. One thing about life......it keeps changing and we change with it.

Bottom line......when I go to the corner store (or most other places) dressed it is as if they don't recognize me as the same person who comes in while in drab. The same cannot be said for bars that I frequent. Although not immediately recognized by everyone, the bar tenders and regulars are used to seeing me both ways. For me......I'm accepted.

joanlynn28
01-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Everyone around me have noticed the changes in me. My sister in law told me the last time she saw me how open and talkative I am. Before at family events I was usually closed up and quiet, now I participate in conversations and help out. And my support group commented hoiw my appearance now is definately very feminine, the results from HRT. I even notice that now I have more patience towards my horses.