PDA

View Full Version : Complete vs partial dressing

lowlavalentine
01-06-2007, 01:20 PM
I've always preferred to be fully dressed - all or nothing. Being partially dressed just doesn't seem satisfying.

Some cds are satisfied with wearing an article or a few articles of feminine clothing. I had a friend who "underdressed" (wore female underwear under his male clothing) exclusively and he was happy with that.

What's your preference?

Kate Simmons
01-06-2007, 01:27 PM
I guess to put it simply, Hon, I'm either Richard or Ericka. No mixture,all or nothing either way (appearance wise that is).:happy: Ericka

KarenSusan
01-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Like you, Lowla, I prefer to be fully dressed. All or nothing.

marie354
01-06-2007, 01:29 PM
My SO loves to wear men's pants and shirts. The pockets are deeper and things don't fall out. To her it's easier to use the pockets sometimes rather than carring her purse.
I've got regular jeans on today with just a T-shirt, wrrm day here today... mid 60's.
I am wearing my B cups though. It's laundry day and I'm carrying things out and back in from the clothes line in the back yard.

Lisa Golightly
01-06-2007, 01:29 PM
I only have gal's clothes so it's all or naked ;)

Crissy65
01-06-2007, 01:53 PM
I guess I am weird, I just enjoy lingerie! I am happy dressed in hose garted to a girdle. A bra and full slip make th eoutfit complete. I am not passable but would love to try make up and a wig.

:hugs:

kaitlin
01-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Hey Girls, I guess you could say that I enjoy both, As much as I would like to be fully dressed all the time, that isn't possible yet. So to get as much in as I can, panties all the time (don't own a male pair) a bra when I can wear a large shirt or jacket. Thigh highs or pantyhose almost always, toenails polished, always. Just about anything I think I can get away with! Kaitlin

Audrey34
01-06-2007, 02:06 PM
I've done both. Mostly it's fully dressed. Other times it's a t-shirt, undies, and pantyhose when I want to laze around the house.
-Audrey

Fallen Angel
01-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Im like you sweety I have to be fully dressed or nothing at all.And its a self gradafication of accomplishment.

Amanda_Nicole
01-06-2007, 02:13 PM
I would like to fully dress but unfortunately I am not confident or brave enough to fully dress outside of my home. I do however wear lingerie outside.

EricaCD
01-06-2007, 02:17 PM
I enjoy both.

Tina Dixon
01-06-2007, 02:19 PM
All or nothing for me, didn't get the hair and boobs for nothing.

Christina Nicole
01-06-2007, 02:21 PM
I dress completely. Childish nightmares aside, going out in my underwear or pajamas is not something I will ever do. Under dressing is wearing clothing not sufficiently formal to the occasion. Wearing worn and torn jeans to the office, or a cocktail dress to a formal would be examples of under dressing. Again, that's not my cup of tea.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Marla S
01-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Well. Hard to answer.
Usually my clothes are 80-100% labeled women's wear, makeup every day, but I still look like a boy and don't try to pretend to be a woman. I don't know if this is partial or complete dressing.

MsJordan
01-06-2007, 02:34 PM
I enjoy doing both but once you see yourself madeup completely it is sooo hard to just dress partially but since I'm in the closet, most of my dressing is just from the neck down!! Even though I would love to go allout all the time, my situation currently calls for just partial dressing.

Angie G
01-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Lowla I dress full if I'm at home some times it's just not possible so then I wear what I can it about the feel not just the dressing for me :hugs:
Angie

Raychel
01-06-2007, 03:14 PM
I take whatever I can get. Usually it is only underwear. But on the rare occasion that I can fully dess, that is a special treat. But never fully with makeup and hair.

Glenda58
01-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Most of the time I dress it's all but like today no wig and just a little makeup while I'm cleaning the house. But I also undress at work since I have no male underwear at all. Takes up much need space for bras and panties.

occdresser
01-06-2007, 03:30 PM
I would much rather be fully dressed or I would not even consider myself a crossdresser. I think someone who only dresses in only a bra or just underwear or just 1 article of clothing is stange-even though we are all strange in a good way.:happy:

Michelle 51
01-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Being in the closet i just dress from the neck down.Quick, easy,Sometimes a wig or some lipstick but i've never tried makeup.I can't go out so for sitting around by myself it's work's Sometimes i just wear heel's hose. underwear and slip. Makes me feel sexy and that's what i'm after but i do envy you girl's who go all the way . Love your pic's when your all the way Justabit

gretafemme
01-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Other than when I go to bed (panties, bra, nightie) I prefer complete dressing. Usually I wear panties, bra (with breastforms) stockings, dress, heels, makeup, jewelry, and carry a purse. I love the complete package and feel like a lady this way. You know what? I really have fun doing this stuff! LOL:heehee:

Sierra Evon
01-06-2007, 04:47 PM
I only have gal's clothes so it's all or naked ;)

Yep , thats the ticket !!!!:happy:

Eugenie
01-06-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm either fully dressed "en femme" or fully dressed as a man.

When I'm "en femme", however, I may dress very casualy, and for house chores, for example, a pair of unisex slipers that I usually wear even as a man. Doing house chores in high heels isn't so comfortable... :2c:

When I'm alone at home and not expecting any visits, I am fully dressed "en femme", but I usually don't makeup my face.
Eugenie

Rebecca_Annette
01-06-2007, 04:58 PM
at home, fully or nothing.

Outside sometimes umderwear and hose ~ but not frequently

Peggy55
01-06-2007, 04:59 PM
I guess I am weird, I just enjoy lingerie! I am happy dressed in hose garted to a girdle. A bra and full slip make th eoutfit complete. I am not passable but would love to try make up and a wig.

Ditto here Crissy. Except I have wigs!

Peggy

TammieKay
01-06-2007, 05:10 PM
When I can I like to dress in nightties...
underwear if I can and stockings... But I know I make an ugly girl so going out in public is not possible.:heehee:

Jenna1561
01-06-2007, 06:01 PM
I prefer to dress fully when I am dressing to go out and pass. But my day-to-day dressing incorporates a lot of women's wear that doen't yell "WOMEN's CLOTHES" but passes as unisex to the casual observer.

Today for example, I am not dressed to pass, yet I'm wearing a pair of Zana Di jeans with embroidered rear pockets, a unisex tee shirt, panties, socks and women's white and violet New Balance tennis shoes. My makeup is simple with a sheer foundation, light blush, neutral eye shadow, light mascara and liner, and clear lip gloss.

So, I'm partially dressed most of the time.

Jenna

Sweet Jane
01-06-2007, 06:05 PM
hi

I partially dress way more than I fully dress. I do enjoy that feeling you get when you are fully made up though and looking a bit femme. I would prefer to fully dress, but I can't bring myself to do it most times. I might wear a skirt or dress and wig once a month.
In fact the last time I was in a dress and fully femmed was early November!!!

Amy07
01-06-2007, 06:14 PM
I don't see it that Black and White. There are degrees of dressing, and whatever makes you feel great is good by me.

SherriePall
01-06-2007, 06:38 PM
I partially dress to hold me over until I can fully dress. And I just love dressing fully with all the makeup and my "hair."

Amanda Jane
01-06-2007, 06:38 PM
clothing and style like ethics are situtional
fashion like morality is timeless

what i'm wearing depends on what i'm doing / cocktail dress not good for the beach / wetsuit not good for a dance club / too hot

but i try to look good and right no matter what it is i wear

Crissy Kay
01-06-2007, 06:58 PM
I prefer to dress fully or not bother. I am really not into partial dressing. Except, once in a while, I will do some computer stuff, wearing a cammy and petticoats!!!!

Karmen
01-06-2007, 07:03 PM
I prefer to be fully dressed too, but that happens only once or twice a week. In everday life I wear only panties and pantyhose under my male clothes.

Gretchen
01-06-2007, 07:41 PM
It started out a little at a time for me two years ago. Pantyhose, then shoes, then some thigh highs, then some shaping panties, etc. etc. Now I either dress completely from the skin out or stick to male clothing. Half measures seem to avail me nothing anymore.
Gretchen

Rachel Morley
01-06-2007, 07:46 PM
I love dressing fully en femme because it makes me feel feminine....and that's my goal.... to feel feminine. However, fortunately for me I can feel feminine (and sometimes really feminine) without having to go the whole nine yards. Consequently by partial dressing I get my "girly hit" subtly but all the time because I wear women's clothes all the time.

OK, sometimes (like at work) the women's clothes I wear are (just like Jenna's embroidered jeans) women's clothes but not too girly and so when in boy mode not too "in your face". Having said that when I'm not at work my clothes in boy mode are much more girly.... more towards androgyny except I don't get to androgyny because people can still tell that I'm a guy.

Today for example I took our Christmas tree to the recycling center and I was wearing girl's tight fitting boot cut jeans, pink and white tennis shoes, a slim fit girl's t-shirt in hot pink (cerise?) and a classic style black high buttoning cardigan. I was wearing panties and a bra underneath too. I also had some gold stud earrings in and I was wearing a taupe baseball cap. I think what I was wearing was fairly girly (definitely non manly) but not too "out there" that I would get stares. I love dressing this way because it makes me feel feminine and different and I like that. Obviously though, it doesn't compare to being completely en femme. That's the biggest "feminine hit" of all and I do that whenever I get the opportunity :D

Amy Hepker
01-06-2007, 07:50 PM
I would rather dress all the way, but since I can't I do what I can get away with.

Jodi Lynn
01-06-2007, 08:26 PM
While I would rather be fully dressed, I dress as I can when I can. Like this weekend wife is away so I am fully dressed all weekend.

ElleCD
01-06-2007, 08:32 PM
For many years wearing ingerie/stockings only was enough for me. Then I found this Forum and felt I wanted to explore my femme side further. This led to my dressing fully with wig and make up etc. and I have felt both more alive and more relaxed about myself than ever before. When I do dress now it is fully and although slipping into some nice lingerie would still be fun if I can't make time to dress fully I tend not to at all. I seem to have gone through some sort of barrier and going back is just not an option.

JuliaCD
01-06-2007, 09:30 PM
I do both. When I go out it's all the way, but around the house I wear comfy clothes and go about my day with no intention of passing. As I write, I'm wearing panties, bra/breastforms, girl's jeans and a comfy (beat up) long sleeved thermal top. I know I don't pass, but I still feel feminine and nice. Tonight I'll bed down in my flannel nightie switching the silicone forms for foam ones for sleep. I only wear boy clothes for work and some errands now, but when I go out en femme it's always with full makeup and styled hair.

~J.

Amanda Jane
01-06-2007, 09:34 PM
I seem to have gone through some sort of barrier and going back is just not an option

they ought to post this as a warning on this site

Carroll
01-06-2007, 10:11 PM
For me its the bra, the dress, and the wig

Casey Morgan
01-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Although I enjoy dressing fully sometimes, when I dress as me I partially dress.

Dee Model
01-07-2007, 01:08 AM
I'm an all or nothin' kinda gal. In Dee mode, full make up is a must. It takes time thou as I'm sure many of you will know...and after working over 12 hours last night I'm too tired to spend an hour making my self up when i'll only have to remove it soon to go sleep.

For years thou, it was only about the sexy clothes and maybe occaisonally some red lipstick. Now, when i do 'go out' for the first time (soon def!) I want to be pretty much totally convincing. I'm 95% certain I can do it too!

Cathy_NJ
01-07-2007, 02:09 AM
I prefer to be fully dressed, and most of the time at home I am, but when I'm out, I'm usually "underdressed", a term I prefer to "undressed".
Cathy

Ellie
01-07-2007, 02:14 AM
As long as I have my PALs, a bra, and my wig on I feel that I am fully en femme.

As to how much clothing I have on beyond that depends completely on what else we are doing. ;)

kerrianna
01-07-2007, 02:31 AM
I would much rather be fully dressed or I would not even consider myself a crossdresser. I think someone who only dresses in only a bra or just underwear or just 1 article of clothing is stange-even though we are all strange in a good way.:happy:

I'm guessing we have quite a few members who don't want to post because they think some people think this of their level of dressing. There are many levels of crossdressing and everyone has different ways of expressing themselves. Some of us have restrictions on what we can, or are prepared, to get away with.

Myself, I dress whatever way I either feel like or am able to depending on the day. There's no wrong or right way.

Sweet Susan
01-07-2007, 03:54 AM
I do what I can, when I can. Often, I am just happy to shave my legs and put on a pair of panties. Naturally, if I can go all out, I will. My main goal is to never have hair on my body. If I could, I would wear nothing but women's clothes, but I can't.

Cyndie
01-07-2007, 06:48 AM
I enjoy both. At home I will usually fully dress, but with I go out I normally underdress to some degree each day. Some days I go in Secret Girl Mode. Everyting that I wear is girl clothing, but it has a male stlye. If you look carefully will will notice that it is feminine, but most people don't even see. I would love to go out in full girl style, but don't feel like I pass that well.

TTFN
CYndie

suzy
01-07-2007, 06:51 AM
I feel there is a time and place for all...partial or complete. Somedays underdressed is enough and other days I want it all. Too many variables are involved to cover each stage, but it just depends on my mood, time, availability and a host of other factors...but I am satisfied with partial dressing at times...Just depends....:hugs:

jjjjohanne
01-07-2007, 07:03 AM
I don't want to be a woman. It has never been my interest. I just enjoy the feeling and thought of wearing women's wear. It started as an interest in pantyhose. I tried on other garments, but pantyhose was my only real interest. The feeling of silky panties or slips with hose was great. Eventually, I went out in public with shorts and hose. Then I started trying going out in women's clothes as a man. Women's shoes, blouse, shorts, hose. Now, I find that I seldom dress if I cannot go out dressed like this. I only seem to be interested in looking like a woman so that I can wear a skirt without sticking out too much. However, I have only worn makeup 3 times.

I am the guy who is always making the "Androgenously Enfemme" posts...

Joe

Tracy_Victoria
01-07-2007, 07:28 AM
I've always preferred to be fully dressed - all or nothing. Being partially dressed just doesn't seem satisfying.

Some cds are satisfied with wearing an article or a few articles of feminine clothing. I had a friend who "underdressed" (wore female underwear under his male clothing) exclusively and he was happy with that.

What's your preference?

To me my dressing is a one shot deal, I probably think about it 3 or 4 times a day, but dress only every couple of weeks, or maybe even only once a month, it really depends on my work, and as I work a rotating shift patern time tends to dictate when I can dress! I have no interest in partial dressing (I may experiment and try different things without being fully dress just to try it/them on or see how it looks) but I have no interest other than full dressing from head to toe, ie wig to shoes. I have no interest in dressing in undies or wearing fem items under my male clothes. my fem clothes are saved for the time when I'm ready to wear them and can enjoy doing so!

jenny c
01-07-2007, 07:40 AM
For me it all i prefer to dress fully when i do clothing makeup and all!!

phred
01-07-2007, 08:47 AM
I'm an "underdresser". I love wearing lingerie, hose, heels, etc, but have no interest in makeup or wigs. Maybe I haven't fully discovered my fem side yet!

Glenda
01-07-2007, 11:17 AM
It depends on what I'm doing. If I go out in public I put on full make-up and get fully dressed. Although I must admit that over time I don't always feel the need to put on a skirt or dress with pantyhose and heels like I used to. Jeans or shorts suffice a lot of the time. I will sometimes dress fully at home as well. However, I've reached the point where I don't feel the need to look "perfect" while at home. A little eye shadow, mascara and lipstick may suffice at home. I have several wigs so I wear what suits my fancy at the time. If I'm doing housework I won't wear a wig which requires me to constantly brush the hair from my eyes. Or I will put it up. Most often, I will wear a shorter wig which allows me to be hassle free.

We really aren't that different from GG's. Sometimes it is not worth the hassle. Other times we can't resist dressing to the nines.

Nisha
01-07-2007, 08:12 PM
I am an all-or-none kind of gal.

I even have a pair of prescription glasses with feminine frames.

- Nisha

susancheerleader
01-07-2007, 08:20 PM

What's your preference?

If I had the know how, I'd at least try dressing fully. I belive I would very much enjoy it.
But as I don't know how to do many thngs regarding tricks and trades, I end up "parsially" dressing.
I don't have anyone to turn to for help and although this forum is great, it isn't the same as a living person to show you how.
Oh well.......

Stephanie Scott
01-07-2007, 08:26 PM
I prefer dressing all the way, but if I'm desperate and feeling like I'm in "girl mode," I will underdress. That helps a little. For me, I like the feeling of looking, feeling, and being completely, as opposed to just partially feminine when I'm in girl mode.

TxKimberly
01-07-2007, 08:33 PM
For me, I do this because I desire to be pretty (or as close to it as I can get). Wearing only the undergarments, or being fully dressed without makeup and hair, does nothing to make me happy. I seriously dislike the middle stages of getting ready where I have on makeup and male clothes, or I am dressed without makeup - yuck.
Kim

cdeeko
01-07-2007, 09:49 PM
I go out mixed all the time.
Always in womens panties and often womens socks. Or else hose and mens boxers.
Quite often women's jeans.
But my tops are ussually t-shirts.
But this may be the reason I go out without breasts as Chrissy.
So that there is no difference then.
And since of lots of punk GG's wear t-shirts I am always both halves of me.

Even if people think I am only Chris...I know I am Chris and Chrissy.
Does that make sense?

helenr
01-07-2007, 09:58 PM
I wear only female lingerie. I need to maintain a male exterior, which I hope may change in time, but this is my situation. I admire the gurls who are full time. Helen

Deanna2
01-07-2007, 10:21 PM
It depends on what you mean by 'all'.

Right now all I've got on is a lilac lace cami top with matching boyleg panties along with a pair of heels. No wig or makeup, but it is only femme gear that I am wearing.

Kenix
01-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Since I don't have a wig and have very few makeup I am in the partial dressing camp. I want the complete look eventually but I am happy now with how I dress.

kerrianna
01-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Even if people think I am only Chris...I know I am Chris and Chrissy.
Does that make sense?

YUP! :thumbsup:

TxKimberly
01-07-2007, 11:00 PM
Since I don't have a wig and have very few makeup I am in the partial dressing camp. I want the complete look eventually but I am happy now with how I dress.

. . . then you don't NEED a wig! You look fab as is.

Kim

Tanya83
01-08-2007, 12:13 AM
Partial for me. I absolutely love shoes! Hose & heels. They forever go together what a classic combination!

Robin Leigh
01-08-2007, 08:54 AM
I get a strong urge to go outside when I dress up, so I prefer to fully dress. And I love makeup possibly more than femme clothes, so dressing without some makeup is pretty boring.

However, I usually sleep in nighties or slips, which hardly counts as being fully dressed, but even then I quite often put on a little lipstick. And my toenails are nearly always painted these days.

Lately, I have been experimenting with minimal dressing around the house, and I admit it's kinda fun. If I'm doing things where a wig would be annoying, I just wear a headscarf.

I haven't done much under-dressing in years, but since my recent dressing marathon, I have developed an aversion to male undies. I intend to continue to avoid them as much as possible. I wonder what my chiropractor would say if I turned up wearing panties... :heehee:

Robin

Tiffy
01-08-2007, 09:09 AM
I guess I am just happy bring a CD. I love being dressed all the way. But I can throw on a skirt and blouse and work around the house all day with out makeup or wig.

Tiffy

Rhonda Jean
01-08-2007, 10:03 AM
I've been doing this for a long time and have gone through every combination imaginable. I've worn panties for so long that I don't even think about them as crossdressing. In fact, to me, anything that's not visible doesn't qualify. Not tht it's not important. As rediculous as it sounds, panties help keep me sane!

I only go full femme when I am out of town (about once a month). I need more than that, so I do a lot of partial. For instance, one thrift shop I frequent has only seen me as a guy with long hair and small but noticable breasts. I have shoulder length hair that I fem up a little before I go in and I put on a bra with enhancers. I might occasionally wear a little makeup, but for there, that's as fem as I get.

When I get my hair done I always wear makeup. Maybe just mascara and eyeshadow, maybe full makeup. I usually wear low heels, women's jeans and women's top, maybe even nailpolish, but no bra or forms. I get my hair flat ironed or roller set and leave with a very fem style. There are some standard place I shop after having my hair done, and that's the only way they've ever seen me.

As a rule, those palces that are used to seeing me fem I only go fem, in between I ony go inbetween,and male I only go male.

I guess I'm getting lazy,and, also, when you've been doing tis forever it does loose some of it's thrill. It is a whole lot of work for me to look as passable as possible. At my age I can't pass 100% no matter how hard I work on it. It's pretty easy, though, to wear casual womens clothes, pull my hair up with a claw, and do a quick makeup job on the parking lot. I still get called "maam" about 1/2 the time and it's quick and easy going fem and back. Very fun!

Charlene Marie
01-08-2007, 06:19 PM
It's ALL for me now that i live 24-7 as a female. But you know, every morning it's still just as thrilling as it was the first time. If I were 25 years old again, I swear I'd lop off the nonessentials and buy the essestials.

franvonceder
01-08-2007, 06:25 PM
I'm usually a partial dresser. Bra, panties and stockings with occasional dresses and nail varnish - usually at home. I have recently aquired a wig and am longing forward to using make-up. Just shaving and having smooth legs and chest makes me feel more like a woman.

Stephanie Stevens
01-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Lowla,

I dress as completely as I have time for. Often its just lingerie under male clothes as I do things around the house. I like to take my time doing makeup and selecting outfits when I dress completely.

Hugs,

Stephanie

rorylm
01-08-2007, 08:31 PM
well after reading some of the replies here...i would guess that i'm an occasional underdresser. I would like to go full but due to circumstances I am unable to at this time.

toniinoz
01-09-2007, 01:05 AM
As long as I am free of body & facial hair , my natural hair is curled , I don't feel the need to go all the way , panties ,bra , femme low heel shoes , I'm in heaven. Toni

darling_felicity
01-09-2007, 01:34 AM
Honey if we all looked like you there wouldn't be a single set of jockey shorts left in our wardrobes.

Luv, Felicity

debbie m
01-09-2007, 02:03 AM
I prefer to dress completely.I also like to dress in jeans,top and my keds clogs.