PDA

View Full Version : Cycle clothing

lady lycra
01-24-2005, 09:46 AM
Me and my wife went out yesterday to buy some new cycle shorts.
We found a sale rail in one of the main cycle shops. As usual this rail was a juble of all sorts, shorts, tops, male femail.

I prefer a shorter short, and I found two pairs. Reading the tags hanging off them I found that one was amle pair and the other female.
Both pairs were my size.
Ladies cycle shorts have a slightly different cut and the padding is usually bigger and a different shape.

I went to hang the female pair back on the rail and my wife asked why.
I told her that they were girls shorts.
"so," she said, "no-one will know that they are girls shorts, no one but you"

I put the male pair back o the rail instead!

We continued scoring the rail.
"Look," said my wife, I've found a top that matches the shorts.
Again this top was the ladies version.
she went on to add "I'm not sure if it will fit you though, so you'd better go and try it on, there is a bigger one if you need it. try the shorts too whilst you are in there"

I had to ask to use the changing room as it's kept locked.
The assistant made anote of what I was taking in by scanning the bar code.
"You are aware that these are ladies sir?" He asked.
I looked him straight in the eye and said with a smile "Yes, it's OK I know"
He unlocked the door and in I went.

The excitement was unbearable. I first pulled on the shorts.
The padding on ladies shorts made them feel very special indeed. There was no hiding from the fact that these felt a lot different. There was also no hiding my pleasure in wearing ladies lycra shorts !!!

I remove my T-shirt and put on the jersey. This in all honesty didn't really look or feel any different than the male shirt. There is a slight differnce but not one that is easilly seen.

I went outside to see what my wife thought.
"very nice" she said "They go well together"

There I was stood in a busy shop in ladies cycling gear with my wife offering advice.

I went back in and changed into my normal clothes.

As I came out she was holding
these (http://www.wiggle.co.uk/v2_product_detail.asp?ProdID=5360012258&women=women)

"well," she said "how do you like these?"
I have been wanting a pair of these ever since I first saw them online.
I never dreamed that my wife would buy me a pair.
"you'd better go in and try them on"
The assistant scanned the shorts and didn't even question me the second time, he just let me straight back in!

I came out into the shop and my wife commented that they looked a little too loose, so as I waited in full view of the shop, she went an got the smaller pair. These fitted perfectly.

I came out for appeoval and went back in to change.

We paid for our goods (my wife bought shorts too) and we left.

Last night I was getting changed to go on my nightly 12 mile ride and my wife asked if I was going to wear my new stuff. I said I'd love to if she didn't mind.
She suggested I wear the gore pants.

Unfortunately it was too cold to go out in just shorts and a top, so I had to wear my over trousers and jacket, but I knew that underneath I was top to toe in ladies cycle gear. It felt great!!!!!

It appears to me that my wife doesn't particualrly like me dressing up, but certain things (netball kit, cycling clothes etc) she's happy with.

She doesn't want me in her dresses, underwear or in make up but functional
clothing like sportswear she's happy with. She particualarly likes the cycle clothing as it's fairly unisex. The gore pants are a bit too obviously girly, but that's why I've always wanted a pair :)

Now, she given me a netball kit, let me keep the team kit, and she actively suggested female cycle clothing..... I'm going to suggest a swimming cotsume next, or perhaps I could take up Ice skating :)

We have a small home gym (a back room with a few exercise machines in it) I might try for a leotard and other gym clothing. There's no harm in asking :)

Linda

AnnaMaria
01-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Linda,

I have actually been thinking along the same lines. My wife and I both want to start loosing some weight so she bought a couple of videos for us to work out with, and I have been thinking about asking if I can get an outfit or two to work out in when we do the videos.
I am glad to hear that your wife is at least accepting some of your fem clothing it is a step int he right direction. Good luck with the rest.

huggs
anna

DanaJ
01-24-2005, 10:30 AM
Linda - you tell a very detailed story, sounds like fun... I almost feel like I was there!

We've all been waiting to see your Netball photos with great anticipation! Are you going to be able to share them with us soon?.... pretty please? :)

DanaJ

lady lycra
01-24-2005, 10:59 AM
Linda - you tell a very detailed story, sounds like fun... I almost feel like I was there!

We've all been waiting to see your Netball photos with great anticipation! Are you going to be able to share them with us soon?.... pretty please? :)

DanaJ

Dana, I'm pleased that you like the way I write.
I've always loved writing, but I'm useless at making stories up.
So When I get the chance to tell of an adventure, I go for it!

The netball pics are sacred (at the moment). I don't have many as I was too busy playing. What I do have I'm keeping to my self for now. Perhaps soon I'll feel able to share them.

I will post pics of me in my practice kit and my cycle clothing soon.
(these I'm happy to share) But the team kit pics are my 'special" pics.

I have to wait my wife to be away so I can edit them in Photoshop. I need to take away all the background, otherwise you'll all see the mess we live in :)
This editing will take me forever.

The great thing about my new clothes is the lables. They don't say S,M, or L,
they say 14 and 16, and they are on the wrong side.
The one lable itches me slightly, and it's wonderful being itched on the 'wrong' side :)

My one pair of shorts are called "Elle" (http://www.withingtoncycles.co.uk/product.php?id=552&node_id=61) Can't get more feminine than that :) Matching top here (http://www.outsydecycles.com/shopimages/Elle-Tec-Top.gif)

Linda

Sharon
01-24-2005, 11:07 AM
I DO hope you decide to show your photos soon Linda! You told your story so well and so full of detail, that you left us all wanting more. The story won't be complete unless we get to see you in your sportswear.

Tristen Cox
01-24-2005, 11:35 AM
Linda you write very well I must say. Hope to see the illustrations soon, but I understand the editing takes time and privacy. Anyhow great stories, thanks for sharing with us.

Love
Tristen

Natasha Anne
01-24-2005, 02:40 PM
Darn, that shopping gene is talking again. Now I want some netball kit too!!!

Thanks for sharing your story. It was fun to read.

Gail Evans
01-24-2005, 03:17 PM
Sounds like fun Natasha

Felicity
01-25-2005, 10:28 AM
If I were to actually go out in public in female attire, I have a female training suit I wear at home on occation that would work for cycling. It is a Nike 33252. Fits nice and tight. The seams are flat with what are called "princess seams."

racheal
01-25-2005, 10:29 AM
Felicity, where can I find that type of outfit? Now that would be great for cycling - even if it's in your own home. That is very sexy and I would love to add something like that to my collection. :)

lady lycra
01-25-2005, 10:50 AM
If I were to actually go out in public in female attire, I have a female training suit I wear at home on occation that would work for cycling. It is a Nike 33252. Fits nice and tight. The seams are flat with what are called "princess seams."

Felicity your suit is a swim suit.. An expensive swimsuit! I'd love one too.
See here (http://swimtowin.com/products/33252.html) for more info and ordering information.

In the UK similar stuff can be found here (http://www.wiggle.co.uk/default.asp?cat=women)
For cycling and swimming gear.

Linda

racheal
01-25-2005, 10:54 AM
Felicity your suit is a swim suit.. An expensive swimsuit! I'd love one too.
See here (http://swimtowin.com/products/33252.html) for more info and ordering information.

In the UK similar stuff can be found here (http://www.wiggle.co.uk/default.asp?cat=women)
For cycling and swimming gear.

Linda
Anything in Canadian pricing? Can't seem to find it for up here in Canada :(. WOuld love to go out and get one of those this weekend! Something to get excited about. More shopping! :)

lady lycra
01-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Rachel, I'm sure if you Googled cycling apparel or swimming apparel and hit the Canda only button (I'm assuming there is one) you might find what you are looking for.

A search on ebay found these (http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=74054&item=7128931625&rd=1)

Failing that, try here (http://www.swim-shop.com/)

They sell to Canada, though I don't think that they are in canada.

Happy hunting

Linda
--... ...--

Felicity
01-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Yes, it is normally stocked at swim shops and that is where I got mine. However, it is normally used for weight lifting. It is a training suit. The competition swim wear has open backs, the back is covered with this one.

Yes, these are expensive. I purchased mine on a closeout price of $29.95, but they list for $79.95 I think. I like this particular one because the competition swim suits have an open back, and this is a full back except the wide open area around the arms. I bought it several sizes small to function like a girdle. They streach like crazy and the size 26 I bought would be for a tiny woman or a girl. Women’s competition swimwear is sized for the chest, and that means I should be buying a 40, 42, or larger.It works great for that purpose as they don’t make shapewear that small.

I wend to get one the right size soon after buying the one I have, but they only had two small sizes left.

Anyone wanting competition swimwear, do keyword searches of TYR, Nike, Speedo, etc.

For those living in my area, check this place out:
http://www.jdpence.com/

racheal
01-26-2005, 02:37 PM
That's fine by me - I think I would look pretty good in it - I'll have to do some research and see where in Toronto I can find this suit locally and at a reasonable price. Thank you Felicity for your advice and comments. :)

Felicity
01-26-2005, 02:48 PM
Go to places that specialize in sports or swimming. You would be better off to thry one on rather than mailorder, but if you want a net connection, try www.swimshop.com or www.jdpence.com. You may want to start at this page: http://www.swimshop.com/norcal/dept.asp?dept_id=3002&

I forgot. I think the model I bought is a closeout. I don't thiunk it is made any longer, but there are similar ones from other manufacturers.

Paula A
01-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Linda;
That is such a huge step towards acceptance by your wife, each little step is important, I just hope that my wife will be just has helpfull. it doesn't matter what you to bough together, its the fact that she checked the rails and made certain that you had the correct size.