PDA

View Full Version : Accessories...Does size matter

McLegs
01-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Hey Ladies,

Need opinions on this one. When accessorising your outfit. Is there a general rule regarding the size? Being that the male features are somewhat larger than a GG, does one compensate when buying accessories? Larger rings that would seem gawdy; does this help create an illusion of smaller hands. On necklaces does it help to go with something larger. Bigger baubles tone down your size. I would think that say a small pearl choker would seem even smaller on a large neck and broad chest. Maybe I'm wrong. Just want to get you girls input.

Hugs,
Michelle

Elizabeth Anne
01-07-2007, 05:05 PM
I have always tried to steer away from wearing accessories that "draw" attention to areas where we are different from GG's.

Amy Hepker
01-07-2007, 05:11 PM
I do tend to stay away from the real small dainty stuff, as it does like you say make you look huge, with a little chain or Braclet.

Jodi
01-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Size does matter. As a rule of thumb, the dressier the outfit, the smaller and more dainty the accessories should be. For example, a large purse and heavy, chunky shoes are great for daily use, but would be out of place with a strappy dress for evening. Jewelry should compliment the outfit, not draw attention to itself. Large, gaudy jewelry generally shouts "tranny". Another rule is--after adding all jewelry and accessories, look in the mirror. Then remove at least one item.

Every outfit should be balanced in fabric, color hue and weight.

Jodi

Marla S
01-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Small dainty anklets and bracelets usually look odd on strong legs and arms (GG or TG doesn't matter here).
A necklace shouldn't be too dainty too. As an "eyecatcher" it does help to get the focus off broad shoulders.

In doubt omit too much jewelry.

Jennaie
01-07-2007, 07:07 PM
I want my jewelry to be appropriate for my outfit. I'm not too worried about size but I try not to go to extremes either way.

Matching earrings and necklaces can be bought at places like Kohl's for 20 to 30 dollars for the set. They look nice and yet don't draw too much attention.

Joy Carter
01-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Long earrings make a longer face look shorter.:2c: But don't ware them during the day time.

TxKimberly
01-07-2007, 08:56 PM
I have always tried to steer away from wearing accessories that "draw" attention to areas where we are different from GG's.
I'm with Elizabeth here - I try not to wear things that draw attention to features I don't want noticed. I wear a bracelet watch, and some bangles, and a female wedding ring I bought at Wall-mart for like $10 (cleared that one with the wife first! Don't want her having any concerns about my wedding ring)
The one place I deviate from this is ear rings. I like 'em big and "dangly".
Kim

Marlena Dahlstrom
01-09-2007, 02:25 AM
Jewelry will draw attention to wherever it's worn, so it pays to be judicious. Besides which, Coco Channel was reputed to have looked in the mirror just before leaving and removing one piece of jewelry. As Jodi said, accessories should play a supporting role not be the center of attention.

There are two general rules of thumb. First jewelry and accessories should be proportionate. So a larger women requires larger accessories. (However, big doesn't equal gaudy.) That said, Jodi mentioned the second guideline, which is the more formal, the smaller and more dainty accessories should be.