PDA

View Full Version : Airline Travel dressed?

TxKimberly
01-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Hmmm . . . anyone traveled by Airline RECENTLY while dressed? I sort of figure this would be a real bad idea given all the ID and security checks.
"I'm sorry Mr Smith, but we can not allow you to proceed because you clearly do not match your ID"!
Still, thought it was worth asking . . .
Kim (The traveler)

michellebesweet
01-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Kim,

You can always charter your own plane, or if we can afford to buy our own airline, we could make a few changes. I can see it now "CDA". We just need a catchy slogan to go with it. Think about it.

Love your sis, Michelle,:love:

Glenda58
01-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Kim with the way they check for everything they might do a strip search. And want to know why you are changing your ID. Remember they want to be police.

TxKimberly
01-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Kim,

"CDA". We just need a catchy slogan to go with it.

Hmmm, ok!
"CD Airlines - feel free to fly frilly" (arrghh that's awful)
"CD Airlines - Fly the female skys"
"CD Airlines - where you can drag your way to 40,000 feet"

Kim (Hey! I tried!)

Amanda Jane
01-07-2007, 08:52 PM
the national center on transgender equality has some guidelines - google them

my only advice is buy your tix with a credit card and buy a round trip / paying with cash or buying a one way both are security flags

i travel in a long skirt, but only very light makeup, and no fake boobies / never had a problem

TxKimberly
01-07-2007, 08:58 PM
CD Airlines.... "We love to fly ENFEMM.... AND IT SHOWS"

augh... that is even worse. Sorry!:rolleyes:

Keep 'em coming, we'll never get it right if we don't try! You know SOMEONE on this board is an ad exec! :-)
Kim

Cathy_NJ
01-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Drag yourself to our airline, and visit your femme-ily!

nope, that's not it either

michellebesweet
01-07-2007, 09:13 PM
"Fly CDA", " Our girl's have that extra something other airlines don't"

Love Michelle:love:

Amy Hepker
01-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Well you would have a dangerous object on you, a BRA.

TxKimberly
01-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Drag yourself to our airline, and visit your femme-ily!

nope, that's not it either

"Fly CDA", " Our girl's have that extra something other airlines don't"

ROFL - those are great!
Kim

Cathy_NJ
01-07-2007, 09:20 PM
What about resurrecting the old TWA logo.... and calling it Trans Womens Airlines? I hesitate to mention the hot liquid we could serve out guests.....:heehee:

Amanda Jane
01-07-2007, 09:22 PM
can't wait to see the inflight movie list / at last an airline where everyone wants to be a stewardess and not the pilot

michellebesweet
01-07-2007, 09:25 PM
I think you and me started something big here,

Bethanygirl
01-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Transgendered Airlines - 'We bring the whole world to your dressing room'
:D

Holly
01-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Fly the femme-ly skies?

Kenix
01-07-2007, 10:14 PM
In this day and age I don't know if it is a good idea to go on a plane en femme. Airport security will ask questions.

susie evans
01-07-2007, 10:17 PM
that would be great with all the metal i have inside me i get the strip search on every flight and some of the tsa people no me just by sight i think if we had T G A airlines we could make our own rules

Amanda Jane
01-07-2007, 10:20 PM
so sorry / those rules are federal / no way around them / the airlines hate them for the most part btw

Ronda_B
01-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Fly CDA, Where our employees are dressed to thrill!

jeniinnylons
01-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Kim with the way they check for everything they might do a strip search. And want to know why you are changing your ID. Remember they want to be police.

First off they do not do any strip searchs.

Second changing a ID would amount to a criminal offense and that would give you a problem.

I recently worked for DHS-TSA as a Transportation Security Officer.

There is nothing illegal or wrong about flying dressed as a woman if you are a man. I saw some myself.

If you need to be searched you will be searched by someone of the gender you present as.

You need to remember to not have anything you shouldn't and try not to have a lot of metal on and you will be good.

Any other questions ask away.

PS: yes a lo do want to be cops. (I did)

Kimberley
01-07-2007, 11:59 PM
In this day and age of paranoia and total disregard for personal freedoms I dont think I would particularly want to try it without accepting the possibility that you might be ushered off to a private room.

Luggage? Who cares? It is checked and unless they have you come to do some explaining it is no big deal. I wouldnt be taking anything that could possibly raise an eyebrow in carry on either.

For me it would be totally drab with the WWE news under my arm and country on my MP3 player. Oh, and make your screen saver say Go...(pick your service.)

:hugs:
Kimberley.

Charolette time
01-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Hmmm . . . anyone traveled by Airline RECENTLY while dressed? I sort of figure this would be a real bad idea given all the ID and security checks.
"I'm sorry Mr Smith, but we can not allow you to proceed because you clearly do not match your ID"!
Still, thought it was worth asking . . .
Kim (The traveler)

Fly our line only the Stewardess knows for sure, What happens in the air stays in the air, (take off on LasVegas add) Charolette:devil:

tncdjennifer
01-08-2007, 04:46 PM
This sounds like a great new airline, where do i sign up for the frequent flyer program?

Julie York
01-08-2007, 04:55 PM
CD Airways advert.

(Close up shot)
We see a pair of stunning legs, from mid-calf down, encased in sheer stockings and red patent shoes with 5 inch heel. The 'legs' sit in an airline seat and the seat reclines slowly.

Cut to:
A beautifully manicured hand with blood red nails reaches out an empty champagne glass which is filled up by a smiling air stewardess.

Cut to:
Shot backs out and we see Butterfly Bill smiling and toasting the camera with champagne glass.

Voice Over: "CD Airways.....The only way to crossdress the Atlantic."

:D

Penny
01-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Due to all the security, I now fly by magic carpet. I ware my turban but remove the bangs as they tend to tickle when the wind hits my forehead.
I absolutely do not ware a skirt; tried it once and was blown off. Lost my turban too! I was luxky I landed on my bun panties or the whole experience would have been a bigger pain in the butt!
I bet you thought glue on propellers were made only for strippers. Of course, it does take a lot of
hot air to get off the ground. I usually have not problem.

I'm not signing this

Who?

Eugenie
01-08-2007, 06:09 PM
I've seen a Xdressed person at Brussels airport a few month ago. She was wearing a strict business suit. Perhaps she was a transsexual with an ID document in her feminine self...

I would really like to travel "en femme", this seems to be the maximum level of freedom to be "me" as I would like to be.

However, like many other have said it may be somewhat embarassing to be screened out and asked to take away your wig to be identified compared to your male ID card...

I don't think that there is any danger though. Actually, I have a X-dresser friend who works in airline security procedures, she might know what would be the real risks... I'll ask her.
:hugs:
Eugenie

Andrea_girl
01-08-2007, 06:31 PM
CD Airways "where the wheels are heels"

janedoe311
01-08-2007, 07:27 PM
They are search people for Gel. YOu might be asked to take your forms off and leave them. They could exploded.

diane59
01-08-2007, 07:49 PM
CDA- from closet to clouds
we offer frequent changeovers!:rolleyes:

Eileen
01-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Kimberly I recently got a non drivers license ID with my female picture and my male name and information at DMV. They could not have been nicer. Yes I have to reveal I am a tgirl, but that really does not bother me.

Eileen

Tracy_Victoria
01-08-2007, 09:34 PM
I remember reading years ago, about a very convincing CD who had major problems with America Airlines long before 911

I found this whilst looking.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-303570.html

hope it is useful

julie w
01-09-2007, 04:45 PM
one of my posts was tg at the airport , she was not that passable but she
never had any problems at security , airports only care that your ticket
and you match and you dont bring anything on the plane that you shouldnt
I have often thought of traveling femme but all the crowds , and my last
trip from new york 7hr delay I think I will pass for now

TxKimberly
01-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Many of you expressed the same concerns I feel. I see Julie has posted two of my big concerns here.

". . . airports only care that your ticket and you match . . ." and " . . . my last trip from new york 7hr delay . . . "
My male ID clearly is not going to look like I do while dressed. While cross dressing is not illegal (in the US), I think they would have very good grounds for refusing to allow me to travel if they can't determine with 100% certainty that the ID I present is mine. In all honesty, I couldn't even find it in my heart to blame them if they did. Their job is to keep ME alive while traveling by air and I darn sure want them to be very careful who they allow on the plane.
As for delays, I might be able to fool the majority of people from a distance, but there is no question that once the darn beard starts to poke out of the dermablend, the gig is up!
No question, I will NOT be taking this chance. Sounds like a fun fantasy, but it's just that for me, a fantasy. Could you picture my conversation with my manager:
ME - "Sorry, I couldn't get on the place to go take care of our customer"
Manger - "And why not"
ME - "well. . ."
Kim

jeniinnylons
01-11-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't really read much on here and get upset but this thread has got my panties in a bunch :)

I WORKED FOR TSA (THE AIRPORT FEDERAL SECURITY)!

THEY CAN NOT, WILL NOT STOP YOU FROM FLYING IF DRESSED AS A FEMALE IF YOU ARE MALE. They are checking that your ID is the same as the ticket and then checking to see if it is the person. There were PLENTY CD/TV/TS etc.... coming thru my airport and they never had a problem.

As for someone saying something about taking your wig off: You ALWAYS have a right whether dressed or not (in womens clothing) to ask for a private screening. THAT IS YOUR RIGHT! And remember it will be a woman searching you not a man!

Please stop speculating on what could/might happen.

ASK ME WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW!!!!

PS: before getting the job I had my checked baggage opened and a tag placed in. I'm sure they noticed my bra and heels and pantyhose and panties and....... :)

Noel Chimes
01-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Kim,

You can always charter your own plane, or we can buy our own airline, I can see it now "CDA". We just need a catchy slogan to go with it. Think about it.

: CD AIR; We're changing the look of Air travel.

wabnaok
01-11-2007, 08:21 PM
A little off the of subject, but last year I had an interested experience going through security. Dressed in business casual attire, I set off the security alarm. They decided to wand me. Well, I did have a bra on. When the female security guard waved the wand past the middle of my back it would go off. She said, "That is interesting, bra hooks usually set this off." I told I have a brace on for my back. I will not worn a bra through security again.