PDA

View Full Version : What type of gurl are you?

Billijo49504
01-07-2007, 10:42 PM
Hi all, I seem to see 2 types of gurls here. Neither is bad just different. First, there is the type that likes to fit in and not draw attention to themselves. They really get off by passing, or getting very close to passing. If they can go into a store and make a purchase and get treated as just another woman, they are in heaven.
Then there is the other type, the ones that want everyone to know that they are a crossdresser, whether they are dressed or not. Every time they go into a store that sells womans clothes, they have to anounce that they are a CD'er and can they be served there?
As I said, there is nothing wrong with either type, but they are different, and I'm wondering which type you are. Or as they say, enquireing minds are wondering....BJ

Katelyn
01-07-2007, 10:49 PM
I am the first type. I want to be as close to the real thing as possible without drawing attention to myself.

Kristen Kelly
01-07-2007, 10:49 PM
I like to "blend", I didn't say pass there is a difference, I want to be out and enjoy myself and be treated as a woman.

Sweet Jane
01-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Hi

When I go with makeup and everything, I wish to create a feminine illusion...I don't get that close but that's what I'd love to achieve.

However I'm the third type around here...dress to be as "womanly" as possible yet far to conscious of looking too "manly" venture out (two drives and thats it!!)...yes I belong to the femme chickens....destined to hide behind drawn curtains!!!

MJ
01-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Hi all, I seem to see 2 types of gurls here. Neither is bad just different.
First, there is the type that likes to fit in and not draw attention to themselves. They really get off by passing, or getting very close to passing. If they can go into a store and make a purchase and get treated as just another woman, they are in heaven.
Then there is the other type, the ones that want everyone to know that they are a crossdresser, whether they are dressed or not. Every time they go into a store that sells womans clothes, they have to anounce that they are a CD'er and can they be served there?
As I said, there is nothing wrong with either type, but they are different, and I'm wondering which type you are. Or as they say, enquireing minds are wondering....BJ

ok that would be me, i am getting very good at passing even with my voice the best part for me is being able to try on cloths in the womans change room

Stefanie_in_Mt
01-07-2007, 11:08 PM
I must be the third type!!
I'm certain that I would never pass, although I wish I could, I would like nothing better than being dressed en femme and going shopping our out to dinner.
Maybe someday I'll find that tg friendly club and actually go out en femme

Jesse69
01-07-2007, 11:11 PM
I want to pass and not cause a commotion too...

Lanore
01-07-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm a number one type. It's just that certain parts of me sound off. I like fitting in. It keeps me from looking like I stole something when I go to buy my cloths.

Lanore

ToyGirl
01-07-2007, 11:18 PM
i like to draw attention And pass.

Though if i had to choose , it would be blend blend blend.

dods460
01-07-2007, 11:20 PM
I agree with there being a third, all I want is to put on make up maybe dress in boy cloths maybe in girl cloths buy my things without being hassled. In the end I am a man so why pretend I'm not, this is just the outlook for myself.

Tanya83
01-07-2007, 11:53 PM
Well, for me, I'm still a bit "Closeted". Not sure when or if I will show the world my "Softer side"
I kinda like having my little secret right now...Sometimes it's a thrill to be in a situation of almost being caught! :heehee:

Audrey34
01-08-2007, 12:16 AM
There's no way I can pass. I can't even do a female voice. When I'm dressing at home I try to get as close as possible to satisfy my own standards and that's all.
-Audrey

RobertaFermina
01-08-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm more the second type, though I do like to pass and go about my business unmolested.

Need I say this again, I am vain and a ham! Once I get over my initial fears, I'm excited about being out there and noticed.

When I get to a cash-register or person-to-person interaction, I want a compliment for my looks as a woman, or as an "damn you nearly fooled me" kind of guy. I want that more than silent acceptance of my "womanhood."

Roberta

Penny
01-08-2007, 12:35 AM
When I go out, I am most often mistaken for a woman because of the way I look. I don't like to stand out either looking like a woman or man. Every once
in a while, I admit that that I am man dressed like a woman. I'm not sure if I am either type totally.

:hugs:

Penny

LindaTS
01-08-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm one of those women who are slowly working towards being full time so I definitely want to blend in. I pass most of the time but there are times when it just doesn't happen. It's usually just something small that gave me away and I'm sure it's happened to most of you who go out. Life goes on :)

Cheryl GG
01-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Being bipolar (and other wonderfully sweet mentally ill things) I have learned that there is a time and a place for sharing everything...I do not come out and just tell all that I am bipolar nor do I share with all that I am actually disabled due to bipolar and alot of times I dont share that I am actually disabled....majority of the time...if I am asked what I do for a living....I simply answer with "I am a retired paralegal"...and of course due to my age I get asked right behind that answer - how did I manage to retire at such a young age....my reply back to that is "I made alot of the right choices earlier in life"....well its not a lie....I made the choice to follow doctors orders and not go back to work....isnt a lie at all....and there is a time and place for everything....most of the time...people could give a rats arse less to personal details of ones life......just blerting out personal info without being directly asked can be a good thing yes....and a BAD thing (and most of the time - its a bad thing in almost every case).....society is judgmental....one should always remember that....what people dont know and dont understand they fear...what people fear they run from.....when they run....they reject....most are NOT accepting of anything out of the norm...or what it is that society thinks of as NORMAL.....what is normal anyway?????....cause I am still trying to figure that one out.....but bottom line in my honest opinion....there is a time and place for it all....and most of the time...personal things are better kept to ones self.....just my :2c: ......xoxoxoC/

Roberta Lynn
01-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Hi

When I go with makeup and everything, I wish to create a feminine illusion...I don't get that close but that's what I'd love to achieve.

However I'm the third type around here...dress to be as "womanly" as possible yet far to conscious of looking too "manly" venture out (two drives and thats it!!)...yes I belong to the femme chickens....destined to hide behind drawn curtains!!!

I'm certain that I would never pass, although I wish I could, I would like nothing better than being dressed en femme and going shopping our out to dinner.

:yt: :yt: That's me, defiantly the Third type.

sherib
01-08-2007, 10:39 AM
I am the third type. I love to dress, I will not pass so I stay in the finished ceiler with a glass of wine and go online. I don't go on the chat lines because I feel that some how my little secret will get out. I love the summer time when I can go outside in the back yard and feel the air around an up my stockings.

Karren H
01-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Well besides hating the term "gurl"....a lot..... I'm neither and both....

I do try my best to look as much of a woman as I can... Which if that means passing, so be it... But when I'm out shopping enfemme... I don't really care if someone figures out I'm not a real woman... And I don't go out of my way to advertise that "Hey look at me....I'm a guy in a dress"!! Lol. But I also don't try to hide it... I don't use a female voice ... Just my voice softer...

And I've never ever had.a problem when out enfemme.. So maybe I do pass....but then again I don't really don't keep track of who reads me and who doesn't.. Hmmmmm. Need to develop a "Pass-O-meter". Kind of like a breathalizer for crossdressers!!! Won't let you drive to the mall enfemme unless your at 98% passing!! Lol

So put me in the "in between" catagory.... Maybe if I practice more I can make it to the pass catagory... Nahhh... Sounds like too much work!! Hehe

Love Karren

Paula Thomas
01-08-2007, 10:47 AM
First type - "likes to fit in and not draw attention to [myself].

Wendy me
01-08-2007, 10:53 AM
in ether mode my plan is simple just go out do my thing and blend in go unnoticed to have no one even have a clue that i was there... what happens more often than not is i kinda stick out a bit ... my down fall i am a people person ... i just can't help getting into a conversation with someone and getting a bit chatty ... i know you are surprised thinking shy Wendy????

try as i might just blending in just don't work out .....

Marla S
01-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Passing ? No. Just no chance. So, even the trial seems silly and a waste of time to me.

Announcing I am a CD ? Not really my intention, but inevidable if you wear feminine clothes and makeup most of the time.
Wouldn't mind to blend in, but the men (and some women) are just dressed to odd and the other women are just out of scope.

So, I am certainly more the androgynous typ, trying to integrate feminine and masculine aspects in one at once without being too manly but also avoiding the non-passing-tranny-style, which just doesn't suit me IMO.

For me this has the advantage, that I can live it 24/7, I am able to enjoy the masculine and feminine aspects of my personality 24/7, it's relatively easy to tune up or down a bit, if necessary, without completaly changing, and don't have too much to bother about this and that, if or not, when or when not.
I think what I try to achieve is the spirit of feminity instead of the image of a woman, hence I live more of a woman's routine than a routine that makes me look like a woman (hopeless anyway).

Andrea_girl
01-08-2007, 11:16 AM
I would like to be seen as a girl if at all possible. I have yet to pluck up the courage to venture out though. I am not sure if i would pass.

Angie G
01-08-2007, 11:30 AM
BJ I'm the 3rd type ugly :hugs:
Angie

Sweet Cindy
01-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Put another check in the 'Wants-To-Pass' column.

If I drew attention, I'd want people thinking "hey, she's cute, and look how short her skirt is!" At least that would hopefully be the 'guy' reaction. A woman might think "that skinny bitch is dressed like a hooker". :p

Trinni
01-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Since I don't go out in public, yet, I can't say number two. But when I dress at home it can go either way.

susie evans
01-08-2007, 11:40 AM
i realy don't think about passing are not i just try to blend in with yhe croud weather i'am out shopping arejust out for any reason i allways use my same voice just watch the tone and speek softer and have never had any trouble i also stay constently aware of the surroundings i'am in :hugs:
still on vacation susie

Tracy_Victoria
01-08-2007, 11:54 AM
option 1 for me, I want to be mistaken as a female totally and certainly not want to draw any persons (male or female) attention to the fact I'm a crossdresser.

Billijo49504
01-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks ladies, I didn't remember seeing this question before, so I thought I'd post it. And I now agree, there is a third type and maybe a fourth. I didn't think of those. Forth being androginous. Oh, and I'm probably more the first type. But sometimes a 60 yr old flirt.:rolleyes: .BJ

vbcdgrl
01-08-2007, 12:53 PM
90% of the time, I'm the first type. I dress conservatively, age appropriate, and fairly passable.
Occasionally, I get the urge to be "bad", and dress pretty outrageously. I throw caution to the wind, don't care what people think. But, when I'm dressed "wild", I don't go to the mall and try to pass.

Vikki

Bluebird GG
01-08-2007, 01:05 PM
i am all fashion a fashion plate and i am hopeless romantic which is my downfall sometimes, but i am caring and sensitive gurl who luvs to help anyone in need i guess that sums it up.:D

Emily Ann Brown
01-08-2007, 01:14 PM
I must be about the fifth type then....I want to be just another female and blend in when I'm out enjoying myself.....and driving the men insane at the same time even though I have on a floor length skirt, bulky to-the-neck sweater, and grandma orthopedic shoes. (giggle giggle)

Emily Ann

Jannette H
01-08-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm also one that just wants to blend in. I dress very age appropriate and try to act like a lady. Sometimes that's all it takes. I go out alot in the daytime as Jannette.

wabnaok
01-08-2007, 03:15 PM
I am the first type, just want to blend in.

linnea
01-08-2007, 04:02 PM
I love to dress and blend in, even though I don't necessarily pass much of the time ( I still try and enjoy doing it).

Glenda58
01-08-2007, 07:28 PM
I dress to blend in but if I don't pass so what I just go about my way. I go out day or night. I talk with my male voice but softer. Any of us could go out and no one would care who we were as long as we didn't cause them harm.
I am the first type most of the time but I have been known to show off once in a while.

Natasha_82
01-08-2007, 08:56 PM
I'd rather blend in however my reasons for cding don't give me a need o go in public

michelleceedee
01-09-2007, 12:02 AM
I would disagree with any premise that says there are only two types or even three but would acknowledge that most of us want to pass and blend in but can't.Hence type 3. I do think it's easier to get away unnoticed these days as real girls are getting-dare I say enourmous! I mean taller, wider, heavier, and just bigger all around. Still I see myself as not really passing but not being so outrageously off the mark that I am the subject of unwanted attention. I have found in many trips out that if its obvious by your dress and demeanor that you want to "fit in" you will probably be accepted even if you don't pass. Hence I am type 3. The only bad experience I ever had and it was a doozey was making the mistake of going in a store en femme where all the sales girls were like 18-20 years old and had probably never seen a CD. Being followed around a store with stares and giggles is not a fun thing. I left as fast as my 3'' heels could get me out of there.

toniinoz
01-09-2007, 01:10 AM
I just want to be seen as what I know I really am , an elderly woman just going about her business . Toni

Lilith Moon
01-09-2007, 05:34 AM
Blender here.

For out and about (rare now) I prefer everyday dress rather than being "dressed up". Fave look is studious/librarian/office/gypsy. In front of the mirror at home I like to be much more flamboyant, out come the PVC miniskirts and fishnets :heehee:

Rica_6869
01-09-2007, 06:13 AM
I dress very fem everyday; skin tight lei jeans, womens shirts/sweaters, etc. I even have pink trim on my tennis shoes. I wear a womens watch, everything. But i never try to pass, I'm not the least bit shy about being "obviously" dressed like a girl, so, ofcoarse I want everyone to know, because it's just who I am. My attitude is this; "My grandaddy lost a leg in the battle of the bulge, he earned my freedon along with just over a million 'would be grandaddy's' who have died overseas. So I'm gonna enjoy it, and be myself." I'm not about to hide who I am just because 'joe Blow', walking behind me in a dept store might think i'm "uncool". I do understand some people must hide their cding for whatever reason, and thats ok, nothing wrong with that, but i choose not to hide it. I'm thankful that I have no reason to be closeted.

Nikki A.
01-09-2007, 09:01 AM
If I went out completly dressed I would aim for 1. I think for safety that would be my goal. However in my perfect world one would be able to wear whatever they felt comfortable in and to whatever degree they felt comfortable. A male in a skirt as long as it appropiate for the occasion just like a GG.

tvdave
01-09-2007, 09:12 AM
A former pro football player (my hero was in the World According to Garp) I could never "pass". I love my girly clothes but have no problem going out as a "man".

I still think like a woman and wear all the lacy, silky stuff I can without "exposing" my real "sex." In myperfect world, I could cover my vagina and boobies with men's clothes and still be able to come-on to a guy who isn't homosexual.

Am I weird?

Susan

suzy
01-09-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm a type 1 crossdresser.....just want to do my thing and be left alone to do it.:D

TammieKay
01-09-2007, 09:13 AM

yeah Stefanie, that me too!

Charleen
01-09-2007, 10:08 AM
How about a fifth? I wear something femme at all times even if only underdressed at work. Not at work, all fem. Now thing is that my nails are long and polished, I wear filligried hoop earrings in my ears, 5 rings on my fingers 2 of which are womans, long hair, and a charm bracelet at all times. In the summer I got called Ma'am many times! Now, there ain't no denying I'm a guy as I grew my beard back for the winter. If anyone wants to look at me as a sissy boy, so be it! This is who I am, (this site helped come to terms), and I'm comfortable! I'm pretty well past the point of caring what the unwashed think!
Maybe me and Butterfly Bill are starting a new trend in CDing?!
Love and xxxx, Lily

Rachaelb64
01-09-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm the third type, couple trips out in the dark and car, wanting to be the first type, so we'll wait and see.:D

Janelle Marshall
01-09-2007, 02:04 PM
I know there are times when I am ignored, and I think we all want to feel that this means we have passed. I don't have a fem voice at all so any contact is an instantanious read. But,,,,, I don't care. I smile a lot when I am out dressed and that has always disarmed any negative reaction , so far anyway! So SMILE!:happy:

Ellie
01-09-2007, 02:20 PM
I too try to blend in.

I thought it was going to be much harder but when I was fully dressed and came into the office (Halloween) not a single person recognized me and I got multiple compliments.

So long as I didn't linger and chat with someone they pretty much thought I was just another one of the office girls.

Right now I'm back in full guy mode and you couldn't pay me enough to go out en femme before I get a full waxing, shave, and make up.

Tina Dixon
01-09-2007, 02:25 PM
I'm not sure, can't seem to get the garage door open to get out:o

PrettyinPink6728
02-01-2007, 05:28 PM
I have to say, I don't much like the term "gurl" either.

I definately want to pass, but I like the attention very much. It's a lot of fun to flirt and be flirted with, I can't get by in the shadows. I like cute ^_^

janedoe311
02-01-2007, 06:05 PM
I do not crossdress. There is no point I can not pass and it did not help these feelings. I would like to be able to change into a woman when I want to. So from your choices I would have to say I would not anyone to know of my "crossdressing".

Daintre
02-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Oh how I would love to be either number 1 or 2, but sadly I am a 3, I couldn't pass at all so I dress at home :straightface:

SandyR
02-01-2007, 08:40 PM
I work hard to look like a woman, but I don't totally blend in. I really like the high heels short skirt.

SandyR

Amy Hepker
02-01-2007, 08:41 PM
I would rather be able to pass.

rickie121x
02-01-2007, 09:30 PM
... the type that likes to fit in and not draw attention to themselves. .... other type, the ones that want everyone to know that they are a crossdresser, ... enquireing minds are wondering....BJ I want to be the passer, the one who fits in! Oh how I would love to be accepted without a thought on the part of the one who sees me. However, that just isn't the the way it seems to work.

So my mode is to makeup carefully, do my own long hair very nicely, cinch my waist and slap on some boobs, put on a little black dress or black top and skirt together with my nylons and patent heels. Then I have emulated the female that I would love to be and also the one I would love to be with.... I do this at parties, only - not going out and about just to cruise the streets for giggles and thrills. That just doesn't work out to be fun for me - too much stress there.

Now, when I am out dressed like that, I even use my male name, as I am not trying to fool anyone - I am just doing something that is highly enjoyable for me. Most females are just super accepting, I would believe, for I am not trying to fool them....

Rickie

Jenna1561
02-01-2007, 09:45 PM
I want to pass, to blend in, to be perceived and accepted as the person I am presenting. I typically dress in jeans, cords, or slacks and a nice top. I will wear skirts occasionally, particularly in the spring and summer and I do sometimes wear a dress or skirt suit to church.

My voice is still my dead give away, I like winters because I can pretend I have a cold or sore throat and muffle my voice.

Inconspicuous and in the background - NO attention, just accepted.

Jenna

BOOTLOVINGGIRL
02-01-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm a type 3 but I'd like to graduate to type 1.

Jenna Lynn
02-02-2007, 12:35 AM
Although I've never gone out and try to pass, but I want to be able to blend in without drawing alot attention to myself.