PDA

View Full Version : Snif! Cinderella Nails ...gone...

RobertaFermina
01-08-2007, 12:16 AM
Well Girls I lived a little dream this weekend.

I went to a Charity "Ball" with the IRLM San Jose Court, and decided to take my experience up a notch.

I went to a Salon for my manicure, and pedicure and my second brow waxing. Gosh its so nice to be "served."

I chose a Red with Gold Tone Polish, and "gave in gladly" when the stylist offered to "paint" flowers on my ring finger nails.

I felt that special "lift" from having professionally done nails and brows, and the secret of polished toenails.

The Ball was a shock and a delight ! I have never been to an event with this mix of Gay, Straight, CD's, Drag Queens and Kings (forgive me if I left anyone out!) before. And the Pomp and Ritual of the Ball was Romantic AND Heartwarming.

Alas it is Sunday Night, and I just cannot see going to work with these wonderful nails so into the polish remover they went!

The unpolished nail extensions look fine, a little longer than normal, but not very noticeable - I can still type.

I have attached a picture of the nails - Sayonara my Lovelies!

Holly
01-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Awwwwwww Roberta :hugs:. You can still put a coat of clear polish on them :happy: !

kerrianna
01-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Oh gorgeous nails Roberta! It must have just killed you to remove the polish. The flowers are wonderful. My SO came back from a trip in the summer with professionally done toes where they inset some 'diamonds' in a couple of toes. Such a nice touch.

At least you had that wonderful experience of having them looked after so nicely and showing them off at the ball.

You do sound like Cinderella.
May the special feelings of this weekend linger long in your heart. And may you get another chance soon to 'give in' to your fairy godmother. :happy:

DeniseNJ
01-08-2007, 12:25 AM
isn't it a shame you had to take the polish off They look great I like the color. I know it hurts but just think how much fun you had!!

Amanda Jane
01-08-2007, 12:39 AM
good for you / the imperial court deal is very nice / they raise a lot of money for good causes / and know how to party too

RobertaFermina
01-08-2007, 12:41 AM
Dear Holly, Kerrianna, and DeniseNJ, Everyone,

Thank you for your kind words. I feel comfort and belonging - that always helps!

I Do feel like Cinderella, and I know just how to conjure up fairy Godmothers whenever I need them.

:hugs: Roberta

Kristen Kelly
01-08-2007, 05:00 AM
The look wonderful, I know the feeling I've had acylric tips done twice on Friday nights and kept them for the weekend I hated to trim them and remove the polish on Monday morning. Almost made me sick (calling into work could have kept them 1 more day)

DanaJ
01-08-2007, 05:34 AM
Add me to those who know how you feel - I had a nice gorgeous set of French nails on Friday, they are gone now :cry:

Brianna Lovely
01-08-2007, 07:07 AM
Your nails look lovely. So sad that you had to remove them, I feel your pain.

I'm retired and perhaps a bit bold, as I keep my nails polished all the time, look out HomeDepot, giggle.

Cyndie
01-08-2007, 08:16 AM
Your nails look wonderful..I've neve had extentions, but the professional manicure does feel great. It is amazing waht a pro can do with your nails.

TTFN :hugs:
Cyndie

EmilyM
01-08-2007, 08:43 AM
I know what u mean, I got a new mani and pedi last week (wednesday). She did my fingernails and toenails n OPI red. I kept the fingers done until late Thursday afternoon. I hated taking off the polish, but the toes are still done. Love them!!!! Dana, your french nails were so pretty, I want to try a set sooon.

Emily

Charolette time
01-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Well Girls I lived a little dream this weekend.

I went to a Charity "Ball" with the IRLM San Jose Court, and decided to take my experience up a notch.

I went to a Salon for my manicure, and pedicure and my second brow waxing. Gosh its so nice to be "served."

I chose a Red with Gold Tone Polish, and "gave in gladly" when the stylist offered to "paint" flowers on my ring finger nails.

I felt that special "lift" from having professionally done nails and brows, and the secret of polished toenails.

The Ball was a shock and a delight ! I have never been to an event with this mix of Gay, Straight, CD's, Drag Queens and Kings (forgive me if I left anyone out!) before. And the Pomp and Ritual of the Ball was Romantic AND Heartwarming.

Alas it is Sunday Night, and I just cannot see going to work with these wonderful nails so into the polish remover they went!

The unpolished nail extensions look fine, a little longer than normal, but not very noticeable - I can still type.

I have attached a picture of the nails - Sayonara my Lovelies!

To bad you could not have called in sick Monday morning it would of given you 1 more day with nice nails, some day i will get mine done professionally till now I do my own, I keep them fairly long, and like the girls said just a nice clear coat, better than nothing ,,,your pretty nails, Charolette

Trinni
01-08-2007, 11:47 AM
They looked wonderful. Nails are one of my favorite things. Sorry the are gone but missing them will make it that much better when they are done up again.

Chiana
01-08-2007, 10:25 PM
WOW.... Your nails were beautiful. I know it was hard to take the polish off. I feel similar every day when I change to the drab mode to go out into the real world. I always put it off until the last minute.

Stephanie-L
01-09-2007, 02:11 AM
I also love it when I have my nails done, but can only wear them for a day or two. Last time I got them done was acrylic nails with a very sexy red polish. I had them a bit long, I could barely type, but I loved them. I had to take them off and hated the whole process. Stephanie