PDA

View Full Version : Skirts going out in the U.S. -buying across the pond?

Jill
01-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Ok, so I do 99% of my shopping online at ebay and it really seems to me that skirts are becoming progressively slimmer when it comes to selection here in the states. There just aren't hardly any skirts for sale these days anymore and most of them just seem to be plain denim or full length khaki skirts. However, I have noticed that there is more than an ample supply of cute skirts for sale in British auctions. Skirts seem to be in full swing over there as fashion items.
So my question is for other online shoppers. Do any of you buy from the UK when you live in the U.S. How do you convert the money from dollars to pounds? Have you had any problems doing this? I'd really like to try to buy from the UK since there is definitely a better selection coming from them. Any information would be helpful.

pinkshelly
01-08-2007, 01:00 PM
No, I find all the cute skirts at Wally World. I was at the mall yesterday and seen alot of women in skirts and dresses. I think the skirt is coming back. :)
Huggs, Shelly.

Cheryl GG
01-08-2007, 02:22 PM
I am soo looking for a long denim A-line w/slit in back....and love my khaki Eddie Bauer long skirt....women dont want that short stuff much anymore....times change....like my mama says....hang on to those clothes....styles will roll back around again...now whether your young enough to wear the style when it rolls back around (or even still living...lol - chords were popular when I was about 3-4yrs old the last time they were in)....women just are changing up what it is we like....but the clothing designers are the ones that ACTUALLY make these choices for us....lol.....good luck on your skirt quest....xoxoC/

Sharon86
01-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Hi Jill, i think the vast majority of web sites these days will do it automatically for you, i've used my credit card when making purchases from US sites and it's all been done for me, if i had to work it out myself i would never have bought anything!!!!! Happy hunting. Sharon. xxxx

Rebecca_Annette
01-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Just to reinforce Sharon86's response, if you order online it will allow you to pay in $ and convert to £, at least, it does the other way around ....

Try looking for 'Next' and 'Kaleidoscope' (in the UK) they do beautiful skirts (subjective opinion there :()

Love and Peace
Rebecca

AprilMae
01-08-2007, 07:08 PM
If you are into ordinary middle of the road styles try www.amerimark.com and www.shopnational.com. Some of their stuff is a bit frumpy but you can usually find a few nice things there.

Angela E.
01-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Heavens no.I bought a couple of really cute ones at TJ Maxx just before the holidays.:hugs: Angela.:cute: :cute: :daydreaming: :doll: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Jodi
01-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Ok, so I do 99% of my shopping online at ebay and it really seems to me that skirts are becoming progressively slimmer when it comes to selection here in the states. There just aren't hardly any skirts for sale these days anymore and most of them just seem to be plain denim or full length khaki skirts. However, I have noticed that there is more than an ample supply of cute skirts for sale in British auctions. Skirts seem to be in full swing over there as fashion items.
So my question is for other online shoppers. Do any of you buy from the UK when you live in the U.S. How do you convert the money from dollars to pounds? Have you had any problems doing this? I'd really like to try to buy from the UK since there is definitely a better selection coming from them. Any information would be helpful.

Skirts are everywhere in every store that I have been in. In the last month I have shopped in--The Limited, Talbots, New York & Co, Ardens, BCBG/Max Azzaria, Liz Claiborne, and Ann Taylor Loft. They all had skirts of every type. I was in drab and tried on in each store.

Get out in the real world and shop. It won't kill you.

Jodi

marie354
01-08-2007, 08:01 PM
you can fine a currency converter at http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Jill
01-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Skirts are everywhere in every store that I have been in. In the last month I have shopped in--The Limited, Talbots, New York & Co, Ardens, BCBG/Max Azzaria, Liz Claiborne, and Ann Taylor Loft. They all had skirts of every type. I was in drab and tried on in each store.

Get out in the real world and shop. It won't kill you.

Jodi

You're right, it won't kill me. However, I don't just shop online to be discrete but also because it's cheaper then buying new stuff at the stores. Not all of us can afford to go out by new things all the time.

Jill
01-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Jill, I notice that you are in Utah. Have you tried Susie's Deals? They have stores in Utah (not sure if near you though). I just discovered this store last month, and bought three cute skirts there.

Everything in the store is $5 or less.

Susie's deals? Never heard of it.