PDA

View Full Version : what to say to my mom??

pantyhoseluvva101
01-08-2007, 04:23 PM
my mom knows that im a cd but she says this when i was talking to her the other night"you are still young, if u keep this up then u will probably turn out homosexual(which is not true) and i say"there are 5 percent of men cd and im not allowed??" and she says you are obsessed with it, you do it every day im not going to approve of it and go and bye things for you" i say"there are alot of moms that soppurt it and like there kids doing it(don't mind" and I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO SAY TO HER TO STOPP TEELLING ME I NEED TO SEE SOMEONE (counsler)??

i luv pantyhose!!

Julie York
01-08-2007, 04:32 PM
She's just worried about you and FOR you.

I don't know how old 'young' is, but for your own happiness and your mother you need to approach the subject with a mature mind set. Find some good literature on the subject. Find out the information that will educate both of you so that she understand you and you understand her fears.

crossing-the-rain
01-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Hi,
your mom just worried about you and from her side this is a reasonable advice,this is something nearly every mom or dad would tell their kids not doing such unusual habits.In a way ,she's right .Besides,not that many parents support Cding,you have to understand this point.
On the other hand,why don't you exxplain to her and invite her to see this forum.In this case ,she'll find out the true ,may be will let you go ahead.
Remember your mom's love is unlitimated,listen to her is not really a bad thing.However,if you decided not to change ,that's OK but make sure she understands you.
Rain.

Rebecca_Annette
01-08-2007, 04:53 PM
I don't know if this may help?

http://www.vernoncoleman.com/thethreemyths.htm

I hope I'm allowed to post the link?

Peace
Rebecca

Bethanygirl
01-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Maybe you should download the book;
The TRANSSEXUAL PHENOMENON
by Harry Benjamin, M.D.

do not let the title disturb you too much, it goes into transvestites of all flavors, the possible reasons for their being the way they are, the immutability of their orientation, and discusses the various types of orientations including the straight transvestite. This is one of the best books I have ever seen regarding transgenderism. Check it out, I uploaded it to rapidshare for you, you can find it at;

http://rapidshare.com/files/10852490/phenomenon.pdf.html

It is a worthwhile read for all t-girls and their so's-family members. :thumbsup:
Good luck honey!
:love:

JulieC
01-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Parents often times have very high expectations of how their kids will be in life. To have a son who enjoys wearing women's clothes doesn't usually figure into a parent's ideal of how they want their son to be. It can be very hard to accept. It's not easy for them. That they accept it at all is unusual.

However, your mother is wrong about crossdressing you turning gay. It just doesn't work that way. In fact, the only study I am aware of that researched this found that crossdressing mine are slightly *less* likely to be gay than their non-crossdressing counterparts.

If you enjoy wearing pantyhose, then wear them. Don't expect your mom to buy them for you though. That's no more fair for her than it is for her to ask you to buy her maxipads.

-BB

Paula Thomas
01-08-2007, 05:03 PM
You did not say how old you are, but I offer the following general advice.

When she says ""you are still young", you should agree with her, and point out that young people often do things that their parents do not approve of, and they may change (or stay the same), but that does not diminish your love for her.

When she says "u will probably turn out homosexual", tell her that just as there is a small percentage of homosexuals among ALL men, the vast majority of CDers are NOT homosexual, but heterosexual, and that CDing does NOT make someone homosexual.

When she says "you are obsessed with it, you do it every day im not going to approve of it and go and bye things for you", tell her that (i) you are no more "obsessed" with CDing by doing it "every day" than any person is "obsessed" with working because they do it "every day" ("and you, my mother, work every day"), (ii) if you do not want to "approve of it", that is O.K., because I still love you even if you do not approve, and (iii) you do not have to "go and buy me anything", I will buy things with money that I earn.

If she says you need to see a counselor, you can always agree to see a counselor "if it will make her feel better, but it has to be a counselor that has experience with CDers, and not to be disappointed if the counselor does NOT tell you that you have to give up CDing."

Remember, she has what she believes to be your best interests at heart (even if it is not what YOU believe is your best interests), and you should love her for caring.