PDA

View Full Version : To shave or not to shave

John
01-08-2007, 04:57 PM
O.K, this has nothing to do with the effects of T. and 'male' shaving, but when did you guys stop 'female' shaving (i.e. legs and underarms), if ever, and why. I'm just looking to borrow some experience to help me figger through a dilemma that's been playing on my mind for a while.

Right now no-one's gunna know if I stop shaving or not (It being coooooold and clothes being looooooong), and I guess I'd feel more comfortable stopping, but I'm not sure (and of cause, what about summer when I'm wearing shorts...)

pocoyo
01-08-2007, 05:50 PM
I usually have furry armpits and legs but sometimes shave them either just 'cos the mood takes me or for a specific reason (like most recently I was staying with family for Christmas and thought I should shave my legs incase my family were offended by my furry boy-legs hehe)

I find that I sweat less with a bit of fur under my arms too.

ZenFrost
01-08-2007, 06:09 PM
I go back and forth between shaving and not shaving my legs (I haven't for the past two weeks) just depending on my mood. Having hairy legs doesn't make me feel super manly so I figure that it doesn't matter whether I shave or not. Personally, I don't like super hairy underarms so I shave them about once a week. I think you should do whatever feels comfortable for you. If being hairy bothers you, you could shave, but if you find yourself more comfortable not shaving then that works too. I would recommend giving it a try both ways. Go a while without shaving and see how it feels for you.

Kieron Andrew
01-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Im nearly 30 and ive not shaved my legs since i was about 16..........armpits i do every now and then when im in the mood

Abraxas
01-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Like some of the others, I shave when the mood strikes. I shave my face every few days usually, but underarms, arms, legs, etc., I may decide to not shave for months at a time. I'm a tad nervous, though, about my family's reaction to me being hairy so when I don't shave I tend to wear long trousers and shirts with sleeves and so forth.

CaptLex
01-08-2007, 09:33 PM
I only stopped "female shaving" recently - last summer. But I'm so hairy, I still trim off a little just to be able to see skin (and so the deodorant will work better). It's a lot easier to go without shaving in the winter, but we'll see how much hair I can take when summer comes around again. I agree with Zen that we should do whatever makes us comfortable, and I don't think there's anything wrong with men shaving their bodies - I know several men that do. :happy:

Kieron Andrew
01-08-2007, 09:34 PM
I only stopped "female shaving" recently - last summer. But I'm so hairy, I still trim off a little just to be able to see skin (and so the deodorant will work better). It's a lot easier to go without shaving in the winter, but we'll see how much hair I can take when summer comes around again. I agree with Zen that we should do whatever makes us comfortable, and I don't think there's anything wrong with men shaving their bodies - I know several men that do. :happy:
i know several men that go and get waxed head to toe (literally), and they are not CD'ers

Dasein9
01-08-2007, 09:41 PM
I quit shaving my legs and armpits years ago. At first, it took courage to go out in public in shorts, but after a bit it was fine. The way I see it, if someone's spending that much time looking at my legs or armpits, they'd better either know me well enough not to care or stop for their own good.

I'm not on T, but do shave my face a couple of times a week to get rid of that feminising peach fuzz. It seems no hair on the cheeks at all looks more masculine than the light hair that women and young boys have.

bi_weird
01-08-2007, 10:25 PM
Yeah I've contemplated the not-shaving thing. I wonder what it'd be like to have more fur. I'll have to try that out at some point... Is it weird if I sorta want armpit hair?

Lex
01-09-2007, 12:49 AM
I stopped shaving my legs and armpits AAAAGES ago, out of pure laziness. It takes so damn long to shave legs and I miss huge patches of hair every time and the hair GROWS BACK and you have to do it all again! I shave my armpits every now and again, just so that I don't smell too much.

Evert
01-09-2007, 03:18 PM
What's that? Shaving? :tongueout

I only shave when it's summertime and I want to go swimming. Other than that: No ****ing way! :devil:

John
01-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Thank's for shairing you're thoughts, guys. Guess I just needed a little moral suport there :)

and I know what you all mean... shaving legs is such an effort.

jsoto81
01-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Yeah it's all a matter of preference. To me it's just something that i like, I like having guy hairy legs and armpits, since I haven't told people really how I feel about myself (only my ex-girlfriend and mom know right now, I have a feeling my brother might know but I haven't formally told him yet) it's something I can do that makes me feel more comfortable with myself.

Taylor105
02-03-2007, 11:35 AM
I stopped shaving both about a year ago. Noone really notices or cares. And that is fine with me. :)

xmyheart
02-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Hm, I've never shaved before. Well my legs that is, as for my underarms I always shaved for basketball. But ever since I stopped , I havnt :P which as been 2? years or so.

antonia_bee
02-04-2007, 06:35 AM
as a MTF crossdresser, its odd to read how FTM are not too worried about whether to shave or not. For me, it is a must if I want to pass as a girl, and as a boy my hair is thicker anyway. Shaving is a chore, but the end result is well worth it...

At the end of the day, lots of girls are happy not shaving (especially during the winter) and a lot of guys wax or shave regardless of being a CDer. So what ever you want to do is ok.

I go through periods of shaving underarms or chest. nobody really cares... its your body!

Antonia

CaptLex
02-04-2007, 02:42 PM
At the end of the day, lots of girls are happy not shaving (especially during the winter) and a lot of guys wax or shave regardless of being a CDer. So what ever you want to do is ok.

I go through periods of shaving underarms or chest. nobody really cares... its your body!

Antonia

Well said, Antonia! :thumbsup: