PDA

View Full Version : Night Class

Sally2005
01-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Around this time of the year we get the adult local highschool night course listing. The courses include more serious stuff like 8 week courses for a second language down to a couple hours learning how to make
Christmas decorations.

There are some about makeup. Learn night and daytime and what color is best for you... Has anyone done this? I'm thinking about it, going as a guy and just saying that I'm learning to be a model's photographer and sometimes need to create different looks.

Also, what about acting classes? For presentation and vocal? I assume they might help passing in public unless they teach only what works on a stage?

Deanna2
01-09-2007, 12:38 AM
Some of the short course offerings in my drabland include 'woodworking for women' and 'car maintenance for women'. Can't see myself at either of those.

Stephenie S
01-09-2007, 12:46 AM
My electrologist recomended acting classes for me to become more feminine. I haven't followed up on it though. Time and finances are slim so soon after the holidays.

Lovies,
Steph

dods460
01-09-2007, 01:11 AM
I think a night time mak up course would be great, if you go in drab and they ask why, just be honest. I wanna try to find a course like that now.

Kate Simmons
01-09-2007, 02:11 AM
Go for it Hon. A lot of boys took Home Economics when I went to High School. Despite the ribbing they took, I think they made out better than the rest of us with girls, etc. I also know a couple of guys who sell Avon and are Beauty Consultants. What difference would it make why you are taking the class?:happy:

Ellisia_Lynch
01-09-2007, 12:22 PM
I thought about doing the same thing. Never had the guts though. Depending on where you are in Canada, maybe we could go together?

pinkshelly
01-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Damb, good idea, Now where is that night school listing.
;)

susie evans
01-09-2007, 06:47 PM
i think that would be great but the way some of the girls on the forum look they should be teaching the class to us that need help:heehee:

Wenda
01-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Cool! I would just go, and not answer questions that nobody asks. Enjoy!

Glenda58
01-09-2007, 09:42 PM
I would go dress to a makeup class only women and CDs would be there plus they could try things on you to make you pretty. And all the new friends. If you went drab they just put you in a corner.

Sally2005
01-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Now there's a thought...go with a friend. That sure would take care of the being the odd man out bit. :-) I'm very close to Ottawa (sometimes I wish I lived in TO, it seems like a lot of fun there).

Also, dressing might work. After thinking about it a bit going in drab would have its own problems...the teacher might not know what to do with you.

I plan to attend a local CDing support group. I might suggest they have a theme night if they don't already and have an expert teach a class. Would be fun.

trannie T
01-10-2007, 01:15 AM
Would you like to trade schools? I'm going to take welding.

kerrianna
01-10-2007, 01:19 AM
Around this time of the year we get the adult local highschool night course listing. The courses include more serious stuff like 8 week courses for a second language down to a couple hours learning how to make
Christmas decorations.

There are some about makeup. Learn night and daytime and what color is best for you... Has anyone done this? I'm thinking about it, going as a guy and just saying that I'm learning to be a model's photographer and sometimes need to create different looks.

Also, what about acting classes? For presentation and vocal? I assume they might help passing in public unless they teach only what works on a stage?

There's no law that says you can't take a course, so a lot of it is up to your comfort level. I get the feeling you would really enjoy the make-up stuff and get a lot out of it. It is an art after all.

As for acting... well I have some experience with that, not night school. It could be useful - I think acting lessons are great for life skills anyway. They help teach confidence, human interaction skills, trust, and quite often self-discovery. Acting today encompasses much more than the stage (tv/film, etc) so that would only be a part of it. Being on stage is also great for learning to risk and put yourself out there. If you are curious or feel the urge by all means go for it. You will likely be able to use some of what you learn towards passing. If you're shy it will help bring you out of your shell if you stick with it.

Good luck and have fun. A great idea. :hugs:

Angie G
01-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Sally go for it hun what the hay :hugs:
Angie