PDA

View Full Version : Reusable Facial Hair

Lex
01-09-2007, 07:50 AM
I'd really love a pair of sideburns, but something that I could take off at night and put on in the morning. Like a pair of pants or something. I'm way too lazy to create a new pair of sideburns with hair each day.

So, does anyone know how I can make a pair? Or, wear I can buy a good looking pair?

CaptLex
01-09-2007, 10:43 AM
They use that stuff on stage and in movies, right? Not that I know where acting people get it . . . . Is there a stage make-up type place anywhere near you (or maybe online)? Maybe Abraxas knows.

Abraxas
01-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Ooh, I don't know. I've thought about it before, and the best I could come up with was using a bit of double-sided sticky tape, but the stickiness would wear off after awhile.
Maybe if you could get a piece of plastic (like cling film or something) and permanently glue the hairs on, then use spirit gum on the other side or something... Or, yeah, check out some shops that sell stage/film makeup and costumes. *shrug*

Charleen
01-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Theatrical supply stores or year round costume stores are the best bet. The quality is good. To adhere them either spirit gum or liquid latex works. Spirit gum is best, but hard to get off and needs it's own remover. The owner of the shop can advise you further. (I was a drama major in college).
Love and xxxx, Lily

Kieron Andrew
01-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Theatrical supply stores or year round costume stores are the best bet. The quality is good. To adhere them either spirit gum or liquid latex works. Spirit gum is best, but hard to get off and needs it's own remover. The owner of the shop can advise you further. (I was a drama major in college).
Love and xxxx, Lily
ooooh we need girls like you to help us out :), ive been wanting to re-create stubble for ages!!

Charleen
01-09-2007, 10:25 PM
At your service sir! Spirit gum and a product called crepe hair would work for especial occasions. It is time consuming, but if done with care, the results are worth it. I once did a full red beard for a friend that fooled all. Just clip the hairs as short as you want once the glue has dried. Gotta tel ya though that while I think that stubble looks quite manly, I don't like it up against my face. Love and xxxx, Lily

GINA-CD
01-09-2007, 10:44 PM
I'd really love a pair of sideburns, but something that I could take off at night and put on in the morning. Like a pair of pants or something. I'm way too lazy to create a new pair of sideburns with hair each day.

So, does anyone know how I can make a pair? Or, wear I can buy a good looking pair?

You can borrow mine anytime! I grow them in 4 days and wish I wouldn't! LOL