PDA

View Full Version : Farmer Tan Won't Go Away

Teresa Amina
01-09-2007, 10:16 AM
OK. It's January. I'm as pale as I ever get. The "Farmer Tan" is still noticeable, a distinct difference from the elbows down. How does one even it up? Might be fun to wear elbow length gloves but not to be shaded that way!:Angry3: :D Sunblock on the shaded area and nothing above? I want to go sleeveless in Teresa-mode come warm weather.

Karren H
01-09-2007, 10:31 AM
You western Michiganders!! Lol. Here in Pittsburgh we get no sun but still have a marked difference between the upper and lower arm coloring... So what I use is either Cover Girl or Bonney Bell bronzing gel... Comes in a tube and starting at the tan line apply it and work it up to my sholder and then accross my chest (if I'm wearing a low cut top! Works well and way better and cheaper than tanning places!!

Love Karren

Kate Simmons
01-09-2007, 10:33 AM
If you mean from short sleeves, that's one reason I always wear long sleeves even in the Summer, not to mention hiding the fact that I shave my arms. Now that I'm retired , shouldn't be much of a "problem". Just me and the cat and she doesn't care, at least she hasn't said anything. Give the gloves a shot. I've worn them already just to be stylish. They look okay.:happy:

Tamara Croft
01-09-2007, 10:40 AM
You can buy moisturiser with self tanning in it. You could just apply this to the lighter parts and normal moisturiser to the darker parts, should even it up a bit.

On a more serious note, sunblock isn't to stop you from getting a tan, it is to stop you getting skin cancer. Leaving your skin open to sunlight is dangerous, I would not recommend doing this.

gianna25
01-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Teresa,

go find a good tanning salon with stand up booths...get a tingle bronzer lotion and you will get rid of the tan....i actually went 3 times and gave myself some FIERCE tan lines for my trip and then i follow it up with bannana boat self tanner misting spray...works pretty well....mainly because I am planning on doing a photoshoot with my friend....so i wanted to have the lines and then the fake tattoos as well.....but then all i do to get rid of it is let it fade a bit then hit the bed again like 3 times in 1 wek and keep covering with the spray tan stuff and it goes away by the time my hair grows back so i will be fine for my normal GUY vacations in March.

Good luck

G

Elizabeth Anne
01-10-2007, 06:11 PM
For me, I have indian bloodline. I am naturally darker but the arms are worse.
Another thing to consider is do you have "girly arms?" I don't at all due to doing physical work. So for me, it is long sleeves. Plus, I can't get away with shaving my arms right now. The rest I can.

Helen in OK
01-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Teresa,

You might consider this. Get two different strengths of sun block lotion. Use the higher spf number on your lower more tanned parts of your arms and the lower spf number on your upper arms and shoulders. Then go outside and be in the sun for a short period. Do this several times, and you should be able to even up the dark and light parts of your arms.

Helen in OK

Tina Dixon
01-10-2007, 09:48 PM
I still have my farmer tan, hell I think I'll have it forever.

Joy Carter
01-11-2007, 02:21 AM
I still have my farmer tan, hell I think I'll have it forever.

Ditto's :(

Teresa Amina
01-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the ideas :hugs:

Gerri Paul
01-11-2007, 10:13 AM
OK. It's January. I'm as pale as I ever get. The "Farmer Tan" is still noticeable, a distinct difference from the elbows down. How does one even it up? Might be fun to wear elbow length gloves but not to be shaded that way!:Angry3: :D Sunblock on the shaded area and nothing above? I want to go sleeveless in Teresa-mode come warm weather.

Well Teresa, seeing you are in the U.P. I cant understand why you have tan lines at all!! By the way great pic( and legs!!) Gerri

TxKimberly
01-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Yep, I hate this one myself. The way I deal with it? Wear long sleeve shirts in boy mode. That way the entire arm is getting the same amount of sun light - none. Of course it helps that most of my work is done inside.
I doubt very much they will ever make semiconductors outside - lol.

Kim (AKA Pale Rider)

Tamara Croft
01-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Teresa,

You might consider this. Get two different strengths of sun block lotion. Use the higher spf number on your lower more tanned parts of your arms and the lower spf number on your upper arms and shoulders. Then go outside and be in the sun for a short period. Do this several times, and you should be able to even up the dark and light parts of your arms.

Helen in OKAnd this is going to work how? Sunblock isn't used to reduce tanning, it is used to reduce damage to the skin, caused by UV rays. It also helps reduce the risk of being burnt, but what you are suggesting, will not work.

I've used factor 30 on my face and factor 10 on my arms whilst in Tenerife, my face ended up browner than my arms.

Alice Torn
01-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Had to poke some humor. My vision is not so good. At first, I thought it was, "Farmer Tom won't go away! Lucille

Sally24
01-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Sunblock isn't used to reduce tanning, it is used to reduce damage to the skin, caused by UV rays. It will not work.

Sorry Tamara, I'll have to disagree. Tanning is the skins natural reaction to the UV radiation in sunlight. The higher SPF, the less tan. If you go to the zinc oxides or to cloth (shirts and hats) then you block it entirely.

Sally

PS - If anyone gets that one armed suntan from driving alot what I do is put just one old long sleeve on the window side arm. I pull it off when I get out of the car. It's helped me get my arms even. I also stopped wearing a wrist watch and now have gotten rid of that 40 year old shadow of a watch on my left wrist!