PDA

View Full Version : Do you cry easy?

sonalnarula
01-09-2007, 12:58 PM
This was always an object of concern for me. The slightest mushy scene on the telly (or anywhere) and my eyes will well up. Until I accepted my tg/cd self, it was always rather embarassing, espeically in high school and college. Y'know, here's this guy trying to fit in with the peers, typical boys, and his eyes well up when something sweet and sentimental comes along.

Now, I'm just happy about it and beleive it's just another sign that I should have been a woman. Just like my extremely feminine eyelashes :D

Anyone of you have the same characteristic?

Love
Sonal

Shadeauxmarie
01-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Most assuredly!

Of course, there's a country western song with the line "I should've known something was wrong when she didn't cry when Old Yeller died".

pinkshelly
01-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Yup, It is embarassing when you get all tear jerky over the slightest sappy romance on t.v. Also when someone hurts you and all you can do is cry.

Billijo49504
01-09-2007, 01:26 PM
In a word, YES!!! Even with the evening news. When they talk about an accident or a child getting hurt or a lost puppy. Something happens and the wife asks if my alergies are flairing up. Sniff sniff. As she hands me a tissue....BJ

Marla
01-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Ive always cried at the drop of a hat. I suspect people who don't!

Stephenie S
01-09-2007, 01:31 PM
All the time! Well, I don't all the time, just all the time at emotional events. Yes, I do cry easily.

Steph

diane59
01-09-2007, 01:36 PM
It's all part of the feminine aspect each one of us share, I also tend to be more of a pacifist then other men in my position

Robin Leigh
01-09-2007, 01:45 PM
It was a bit embarrassing being a "cry baby" in school. Now I'm much more comfortable with the feminine elements of my personality, and I'm glad I can have a good cry when I need to. It's just so girly. :heehee:

I probably cry more as I get older. I love it when I cry tears of joy. :happy:

:hugs:

Robin

linnea
01-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Yes. Some of my friends have noticed that I'm particularly "sentimental" (as they usually call it). I've always been soft-hearted and prone to cry over sensitive situations.

Gretchen
01-09-2007, 01:50 PM
I cry easily, even more so than my wife, when it comes to any sad, happy or heroic story. TV, books, newspaper...doesn't matter. Can't seem to keep from getting choked up.
Unfortunately, I do not have the lovely long eyelashes that Sonalnaruna does. Darn!

Gretchen

jennigrace
01-09-2007, 01:51 PM
I cry at movies, tv, books, anything sentimental. My wife says she can tell how much I like a movie by how much i cry. lol.

hotbobbie
01-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Oh yes

Brianna Lovely
01-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Yes, I've often cried at a movie theater, and no, I'm not ashamed, I'm just being me.
And I have long eyelashes too.

janedoe311
01-09-2007, 02:00 PM
It was a bit embarrassing being a "cry baby" in school. Now I'm much more comfortable with the feminine elements of my personality, and I'm glad I can have a good cry when I need to. It's just so girly. :heehee:

I probably cry more as I get older. I love it when I cry tears of joy. :happy:

Robin

My step father ragged on my about that. Then for a long time I
Controlled myself. Then I had kids, get teared up all the time. A friend of mine said I turned into a “mush Ball” when I had kids.” She was right.

Cried at my uncles funeral, just fell apart, none of my cousins or sister, cried just me.

I think we are just a little bit heavy on the female hormones or something!

TammyGurl
01-09-2007, 02:11 PM
hahahha yes... im a sissy :heehee:
actually i have never cry during a sad/aww moment
i do have water eyes though :p

RobertaFermina
01-09-2007, 02:20 PM
I cry a little. I well up and become "verklemmt" at all the emotional times in movies. I do "hold it in" until I can't help it, and then I just let streams of tears flow.

I haven't watched movies enfemme....wonder what that would be like.

I wish I cried more, and more freely....it feels so good to let go.

:love: Roberta

Kate Simmons
01-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Sissies and girls cry but it takes a real man to admit he's not ashamed to. If someone does something to make me feel hurt, I'll cry first and then take action. As far as movies, well, if I know it's going to be a real "tear jerker", I've got a box of tissues handy. Weddings, forget it! I'm gone.:rolleyes:

Robin Leigh
01-09-2007, 02:34 PM
I love these unanimous threads. Good work, Sonalnarula! It looks like you're onto something here. Of course, there will be some exceptions to the rule...

My step father ragged on my about that. Then for a long time I Controlled myself.My step father wasn't very impressed, either, Jane. I also learned to control it so people wouldn't notice. It took me many more years to unlearn that "control" pattern. :(

Robin

Roberta Lynn
01-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Was always embarrassed during my school years because I cried so easily. You know 'boys ain't supposed to cry".I fought it for years, never could change
It's just me, doesn't bother me any more.

Ronda_B
01-09-2007, 02:39 PM
I can cry at a drop of the hat, also. I do it during movies and TV shows and when something sad is on. My problem is I don't cry at funerals or weddings, and I don't know why. I didn't shed a tear when my Father or Mother died. They always told me to be a man and suck it up.

sonalnarula
01-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Wow - I guess I hit upon a very strong common characteristic that we all share. We aren't 100% male, that's for sure - even the ones of us that insist we're straight. I mean, sure we can be straight but there's something more to us than a non CD male. And you know what, its great !

Lovely Rita
01-09-2007, 03:03 PM
That sure says a lot of good things about you. I used tear up at the slightest thing, but not as much. I hope to again as I believe it is a wonderful and very healthy thing. It is not in my control. I am happier today and laugh a lot more since making piece with the Rita in me. The sensitive side of me has really been affected with all the cultural expectations and programming.

take care

Chiana
01-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Oh yeah. That is me. Weddings, funerals, TV shows, movies. Here come the tears. I don't cry when I am mad or under stress but I make up for it elsewhere.

sonalnarula, like you, I used to have the very long eyelashes as well. I used to get many comments/compliments on them when I was small. Unfortunately I started wearing classes when I was only 7 y.o. My glasses were always dirty because my eyelashes were so long that they wiped against the back of the lenses and I would always have these vertical oily lines on my glasses. After many years of wearing glasses, they no longer grew that long. Bummer.

MJ
01-09-2007, 05:11 PM
yes me too , a cry baby . anything will set me off. it's just a part of who i am

Andrea_girl
01-09-2007, 05:15 PM
I didn`t for years but over the last few i cry more and more

TeriAnn
01-09-2007, 05:21 PM
I cry when I see something sad or happy. What tore me up was the Memorial Service for Steve The croch Hunter Irvin It was so sad seeing his wife and kids having to deal with the death of there mate and father. Why did he have to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Angry3:

Joy Carter
01-09-2007, 05:27 PM
This was always an object of concern for me. The slightest mushy scene on the telly (or anywhere) and my eyes will well up. Until I accepted my tg/cd self, it was always rather embarrassing, especially in high school and college. Y'know, here's this guy trying to fit in with the peers, typical boys, and his eyes well up when something sweet and sentimental comes along.

Now, I'm just happy about it and believe it's just another sign that I should have been a woman. Just like my extremely feminine eyelashes :D

Love
Sonal

Sure Sona. I thought of a friend last week, who passed away two years ago and dammit I couldn't hold back the tears. I miss him terribly.

wabnaok
01-09-2007, 05:42 PM
My eyes have always teared for emotional reasons. My throat gets really tight also. In high school, many years ago, I took my girlfriend and her mother to see "Love Story". Both of them cried at the end and I tried to hold it back. Well, I finally burst and the two of them never let me forget it! Anyway, I am glad to be the way I am.

Sweet Jane
01-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Hi

my eyes do "leak" a little bit at sad movies, I cry at funerals, had tears in my eyes when our children were born, and I have welled up a bit at weddings....it seems I am a bit sensitive...

CarmenG
01-09-2007, 05:57 PM
The Champ
That movie turns on faucet. I will sit and cry like a baby everytime I see it.
Life has given us this emotion to heal ourselves and others as well. This my sisters, is why WE are who WE are.
I LOVE YOU ALL.....:love: :love: :love:

ronna
01-09-2007, 06:01 PM
I didn't start crying until I got girly.
I've always been sensitive but now I cry like a girl.
I don't know why, it just happened to me!
:be:

Lanore
01-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Yes, and it doesn't take much.

Lanore

lahr
01-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the question. In a word! Yes. I'm very emotional.

Angela E.
01-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Yes, me too,and ditto on the long lashes.-Angela.:cry: :cry: :cry: :be: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Kelsy
01-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Cry sure!! Whats wrong with that?? Iv'e never held back but there are a whole lot of people who'll tell you you shouldn't. I think that's unhealthy. Men don't cry brought to you by the same croud that says men don't wear dresses either!!!:happy:

Jennifer

sue ellan
01-09-2007, 06:19 PM
i thought that i was the only the one that cries at the drop of the hat, but i seems that i,m not alone.
sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

lilsissy
01-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Movies, tv shows, even commercials, books, cards, my eyes well up all the time. My ex used to keep boxes of tissues handy in every room in the house, not for her (she never cried), but for me. I feel it's a healthy expression of my emotional side. I've become upset and cried in front of people at work and elsewhere, and yes, most guys think it's a sign of weakness, but women have told me they find it an attractive part of my personality.

Rebecca_Annette
01-09-2007, 06:40 PM
always was, always will be a crybaby :brokenheart:

kerrianna
01-09-2007, 06:41 PM
I think pretty much everyone cries when they start life. The shutting down of the tearducts comes when boys (or girls who are expected to be tuff) are conditioned that they shouldn't cry. The only thing that makes us relate crying as a feminine attribute is that women are allowed, even expected to cry, men are supposed to be more in control of their emotions. :bonk:

Crying is a natural thing everyone should feel free to do. It's good for you, cleanses the soul. :cry:

Crying's not just for girls.

Crissy Kay
01-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Yes, its a little embarrassing to admit it, even to you girls here, but I do cry more than my wife!!! I try not to do it in frount of her, though!!!!

melissaK
01-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Crying's not just for girls.

So true. I was raised with a "suck it up" "boys don't cry" attitude, from of all people, my MOM!

Took me a long time to learn that "sucking it up" as a little kid caused a lot of my own issues later in life. When I thought I was finally OK with crying, I caught myself telling my own son to "suck it up." Auggh. So, I worked on myself some more.

I don't know if I cry more or less than most of my guy friends, but I can cry at movies, weddings, and I positively wept as the Trade Towers came down and thousands died before my eyes. I have relegated the "suck it up" stuff to the rubbish pile.

carol ann
01-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Yes - as a boy and young man it was expected that i should supress any tendency to tearfullness in the sense that tears suggested a lack of moral fibre or masculinity.

As i have become older i don't even try to supress tears when the occasion brings them on and it seems accepted by the people I come into contct with as a sign of being sensitive to others.

Now here are the questions_
Have I changed?
Has society changed?
or Am I perceived differently by the people I come into contact with?

SandyR
01-09-2007, 07:28 PM
When I got my last months gas bill........But really I have always been a softy from far back, used to think something was wrong with me, being a man and all. Now I have a nice balance!

Life is good!

SandyR

Wenda
01-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Yup, not as much when I remember to take my meds, especialy anti-depressants.
I had tears in my eyes when ET died, a frickin' puppet "died' for god's sake!
I was driving to Calgary on September 11th, listening to the radio coverage, cried the whole way. (5 Hours). w.

Tracy Lynn
01-09-2007, 07:48 PM

Love
Sonal

I'm the same way. I cry at everything, just about.

Mary Jane
01-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Yes, I have always been very sensitive to touching scenes in movies or many things that occur in real life. It is just the way I am.

Sedona
01-09-2007, 08:43 PM
I gotta be honest, no, I don't cry all that much. A tear jerking movie, like Bridges of Madison County, a little, but there's not much else I'll cry over. I'm wired like a guy like that I suppose.

Charleen
01-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Yes! Alot! For any reason.

Country girl
01-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Ok, ok so I had to jump in here and say my piece. As my avatar says, I am very much a girly girl and I cry at EVERYTHING. However, I know a lot of women, my sissy included who hardly EVER cry. :( Personally, I think a man who crys easily is that much more sensitive to all things in life. What I am saying is I think it makes you a better man when you are able to show your emotions.:thumbsup: It doesn't matter whether you are a CDer or not. I LOVE a man who doesn't mind crying in front of others. Needless to say I am a big fan of y'all CDer's too!:D

:love: CG gg

krisinpink
01-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Yes!! And more and more recently

joaniecd
01-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Yes have always been very sensitive, I cry for almost any reason. When happy ,sad.

ArleneRaquel
01-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Ever since George Bush became President I find that I break out in tears very frequently. Trina

Kieron Andrew
01-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Ever since George Bush became President I find that I break out in tears very frequently. Trina
i can understand that lol

Gemini Dream
01-10-2007, 12:18 AM
I cry tears during sentimental moments on tv shows all the time. I'm very sensitive and glad to be so.

I love feeling and dressing like a woman and there's nothing wrong with that.

Rachel Morley
01-10-2007, 12:29 AM
:lol: LOL ....... I really did laugh as well :D

Cry? me? ....yep, if it's something close to my heart, or just something really really sad, I will cry openly no matter who is around.

bgirl
01-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Wow - I guess I hit upon a very strong common characteristic that we all share. We aren't 100% male, that's for sure - even the ones of us that insist we're straight. I mean, sure we can be straight but there's something more to us than a non CD male. And you know what, its great !

Hmm I've noticed that I am just a little bit different also.

Tara Michele
01-10-2007, 09:19 AM
I cry when I'm happy, when I'm sad, just when I feel like crying.
Always been that way.
Seems like that's a pretty common characteristic we share.

Scotty
01-10-2007, 09:23 AM
When I started HRT I cried a LOT, sad movies - whatever.
I'm not on near the doseage but can still feel it. If I'm sad or life is stacked up on me.
No happy crying though.

Donna Marie
01-10-2007, 09:31 AM
I find I cry more easily as I grow older. I'm much more sentimental than I used to be and cry for all sorts of reasons. But then, I am also much more in touch with my feminine self now. And DAMN, girls, it feels GOOD!! Those tears seem to just wash out all the bad old stuff.

Danigyrl29
01-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Not until my daughter was born. The last 4 years I cry at everything that deserves a good cry...movies, tv, songs etc.

janedoe311
01-10-2007, 12:29 PM

My favorite bumper sticker.

Elizabeth Anne
01-10-2007, 05:26 PM
My main weakness is abuse of animals. I was pushed to go hunting (I tried but could never pull the trigger) because I could never kill a poor defenseless animal. Seeing animals dead on the road, I can't look. My other weakness is when I think about loved ones, especially my mother who died in 1998, I can't hold back the tears.
Some songs I hear that remind me of certain things make me cry. The main one is George Jones or Lorrie Morgan singing "A picture of me without you".

Madeleine
01-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Any of you, like me, who can cry at anything anytime, had their hormones checked? Wonder if is part of the feminine thing...

Cried today in front of my Dr while talking about GID, so we have gone for a full blood chemistry test.

Will post the results next week.

Hugs Madeleine..

Joyciecd
01-10-2007, 05:54 PM
I also cry, weep, sob like the others that have posted in this string. But I also have a BF who, if I shed a few tears when we are together, reacts by getting me some nice little surprise gift. I guess GG's have had this happen for ages. Knowing what the result will be, I find that I cry very easily when I am with this guy. But is does take a real trigger, but not one that he always understands until I explain the reason to him. Guys can be so obtuse at times!

LindaG
01-10-2007, 05:59 PM
I cry at sad movies all of the time. Even though I know the Ending of the movie I amgoing to cry

KarenSusan
01-10-2007, 07:10 PM
I cry at movies, tv shows, even heartwarming news stories. I don't mind crying in femme mode but it is a little embarassing walking out of a theater in drab with tears streaming down my cheeks.

Danni Barron
01-10-2007, 07:45 PM
it's a trait i have and i find it hard to hide, but it happens to me so many times when i'm watching a good movie

i usually start coughing or falsly sneezing if im in company, otherwise i just have a damn good cry and i actually enjoy that, it's something that guys don't do enough

Kathryn Philips
01-10-2007, 08:24 PM
I cry at the end of every movie that has a happy endings scene. Although I like action movies I really prefer to watch a nice "chick flick". I hope one day I have the opportunity to watch one dressed as me.

joanlynn28
01-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Why yes and the older I have gotten the more likely I am to cry. I cry in church listening to the worship songs about how God loves us all dispite our sinful ways. I tear up at sporting events when the national anthem is played(thinking about the brave men and women who have died in defense of our country and freedom). I cried when Tony Gwynn, the recently elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame during his retirement celebration. Thinking about how my deceased daughter would be like now when I see children that are the age she would have been if she hadn't died. I can go on and on about it. I probably cry because I am a girl at heart and all girls cry.:hugs: :sad: :hugs:

Lisa Maren
01-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Yes, I'm pretty much like that as well. My emotions come when I'm experiencing something moving, whatever it might be. It's not only movies, either. Sometimes music can move me to the point where I choke up a bit (and I'm not only talking about opera, but also it happens with just rock/lite rock/ballad/whatever if the lyrics are really meaningful to me and/or the music is really pretty).

For example, The Living Years by Mike and the Mechanices almost always makes me cry because it's about the death of the author's father.

Another example is the scene in the movie Titanic where the string quartet (or was it a quintet) is playing "Nearer My God to Thee" (I'm choking up now lol). Not only is the scene poignant but the musical piece itself is quite beautiful, especially as played by those strings. That supposedly did happen in real life aboard the Titanic. Just thinking about the idea moves me to tears.

Oh, and yes -- George Bush doesn't make me cry, but he does arouse other strong emotions within me such as anger (outrage really).

I love my emotions! Life is vastly richer with emotions. I wouldn't give them up -- this is one reason that I would not come back as male with male gender identity and no inner femininity even if I could. No thanks!

Hugs,
Lisa

Katelyn
01-10-2007, 09:33 PM
I've noticed that it is easier to cry more easily now than before. I still get embarassed, but I'm learning to accept it.