PDA

View Full Version : Passing on the synthetic...back to 'hair' one!

Ranee Daze
01-09-2007, 02:23 PM
I recently came into possession of a real human hair wig (blonde) and took the time to have it trimmed and styled professionally for New Years Eve. The pics are back and I have to say that there is a huge difference in the photos at least. All of that modacrylic fiber looks sooooo cheap in contrast now! A while back I had let my hair grow long and was able to have it easily styled and curled enfemme and this new wig reminds me of just how wonderful that felt. I am back to letting it grow out. I know that there are sisters here who are naturally "hair challenged" but I urge everyone who has the cash to go for human hair wigs and if you possibly can, grow, grow ,grow.

Polyester just doesn't "cut it" for me anymore!

Naturally yours, Ranee

Tracy_Victoria
01-09-2007, 02:36 PM
It's the same with everything good and bad in all. Some human hair wigs can look just as fake, as synthetics (blondes tend to be worse than brunnettes, and very yellow blondes even more so specially at night and with flash photography) However it's all down to the quality of the piece (and the strands) and never is the saying more appt than with wigs,in that you only get what you pay for?

Personally I prefer Rene of Paris Fibre wigs to any other (ie Gallery, Noriko, Rene of Paris, and Amore ranges I never buy cheap wigs) I tend to find the above more relistic than any other, and their gradient ranges are to dye for. I think it more a matter of choice of what your looking for, me I'll stick with the synthetics

Lovely Rita
01-09-2007, 03:11 PM
You have me seriously considering human hair now. I bet they even keep better longer.

thanks for sharing.

hugs

Karren H
01-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Well human hair wigs are definately the way to go but expect significantly higher maintenance on them too... As long as you enjoy washing and setting and fussing with hair!!

I switched over to all human hair last year and love them also but my latest short dirty blong wig is a synthetic.. And not all synthetics are the same..

Maybe if you stopped buying your wigs at the local party store for $5.00 might help!! Hehehe. Just kidding!!

:D

Love Karren

Tracy_Victoria
01-09-2007, 03:35 PM
You have me seriously considering human hair now. I bet they even keep better longer.

thanks for sharing.

hugs

The going rate is about 2 or 3, to 1! ie a synthetic wig worn in average daily use is said to give 6 to 8 months of every day wear, over a year for a Human hair sometimes with care 18 months but it rare.

However remember I'm not talking about the human (yak) hair wigs here from china, nor most of the cheaper ones, but compairing stuff at the top end of the scale, ie quaility pieces ie $160+ on fibre, over $250 to $300 on real hair (if not a lot more) ie check these out these, the Rolls royce of wigs as far as I'm concerned

http://www.wigsunlimited.com/amhhlana.html

http://www.wigsunlimited.com/amhhgwen.html

however also as Karren says, not only is there the cost in money but in time as well, ie no pulling it out of the box, shaking it, and wearing it. HH wigs take a lot of upkeep, even streight ones.

Chiana
01-09-2007, 04:40 PM
I have been pretty happy with the wigs that I got here.

http://www.lookoflove.com/?sid=IDr2005OD9tI23UA20Am59Tl21ydw

I got 1 human hair wig and 1 synthetic wig and both are good. But not really cheap.

jennig
01-09-2007, 04:50 PM
HI girls I have about 20 wigs all but 5 are synthic the outhe 5 are human hair that i had cut and styled human is by far the way to go I will never get another fake on again. the human hair looks so much better yes it cost moore but its so worth it.
huggs jennig:2c:

Andrea Nicole
01-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Hi,
I probably have over 2 dozen wigs, of which 2 are human hair. All of them are LONG styles. Nothing compares to human hair... the way they move ...the look and feel. BUT, they are extremely expensive, and need almost as much care as a GG's real hair. I do not wear them in the summer or a place where there might be a lot of smoke.
Just my opinion,
Huggs,
Andi..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/AndiNic/a067a.jpg

Wendy me
01-09-2007, 07:26 PM
I recently came into possession of a real human hair wig (blonde) and took the time to have it trimmed and styled professionally for New Years Eve. The pics are back and I have to say that there is a huge difference in the photos at least. All of that modacrylic fiber looks sooooo cheap in contrast now! A while back I had let my hair grow long and was able to have it easily styled and curled enfemme and this new wig reminds me of just how wonderful that felt. I am back to letting it grow out. I know that there are sisters here who are naturally "hair challenged" but I urge everyone who has the cash to go for human hair wigs and if you possibly can, grow, grow ,grow.
Polyester just doesn't "cut it" for me anymore!

Naturally yours, Ranee

that's what i have been doing is growing my own hair huge pain in the butt but soooo worth it.... i don't even own a wig any more ... my hair is past half way down my back..... :tongueout :tongueout :tongueout :tongueout :tongueout