PDA

View Full Version : Sensitivity To FTM members!!!

Felix
01-09-2007, 03:41 PM
I am writing this as The Captains Right Hand Man and in support of all those in this forum who are FTM.

To all who visit us and without pointing any fingers, we have been here before and not so long back, a lot of people got upset and we nearly lost some extremely valued members. Please be sensitive toward the members of this forum who are FTM. Some things are very sensitive issues to us like body parts and other such things. Please think before you speak as the saying goes and if you think what you are going to say will offend the members here then don't write it!!
We love ppl visiting and value ya opinions like we said before so please be sensitive so as not to offend. Your help on this would be appreciated. Thanx!

Felix The Captains Right Hand Man xx:hugs:

CaptLex
01-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Well said, Felix. I guess it's good to remind people once in a while - especially since we have lots of new members daily. :thumbsup:

pocoyo
01-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Yeah I guess some people just don't think before they speak (type), or find it hard to see things from others' points of view sometimes.... we're probably all guilty of it occasionally but some (not any specific person, just some people, sometimes) seem to be worse than others :heehee:

Joy Carter
01-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Like any good pirate I'm behind you guyz 100%. That way you catch the first volley.:heehee:

ZenFrost
01-09-2007, 07:26 PM
I hope I'm not being insensitive... in real life I can be a jerk sometimes. I'm just really introverted and can be very unsociable because of that.

CaptLex
01-09-2007, 08:39 PM
I hope I'm not being insensitive... in real life I can be a jerk sometimes. I'm just really introverted and can be very unsociable because of that.

Nah, you're fine, Zen. :happy:

pocoyo
01-09-2007, 09:19 PM

omg this wasn't at you!! It was at some of the mtf's. Aww you poor thing thinking that!
I hope my teasing you about the smile thing didn't get you worried that you'd been mean, you so haven't!!!
I really just have a silly sense of humour is all.. I was just kidding you matey! :hugs:

Charleen
01-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Gaw, not again! We gotta be able to do something about this. The problem is that idiots will always be idiots unfortunately. Can't we sick Tammy on 'em or something? I mean I'd hate to lose my hot tub privileges in the Captain's Quarters or anything! You guys are the best!
Love and xxxx, Lily

JulieCDorlando
01-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Hello Felix,
I will happy to comply with your request. It is a fair and reasonable request. I am sadden that people can be rude and crude to you guys. What you ask of us should be done without you even asking. Living by the golden rule so to speak. I for one have deep respect for you guys as individuals and as a group. You guys have some thought provoking stuff on this side to which I enjoy reading. Life can be difficult, but less burdensome if politeness, consideration, compassion, understanding, and an ability to learn comes from all of us, as visitors to this side of the forum. Please accept my sincerest apology on behalf of those that are....for lack of a better term.... uneducated.

Kieron Andrew
01-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Hello Felix,
I will happy to comply with your request. It is a fair and reasonable request. I am sadden that people can be rude and crude to you guys. What you ask of us should be done without you even asking. Living by the golden rule so to speak. I for one have deep respect for you guys as individuals and as a group. You guys have some thought provoking stuff on this side to which I enjoy reading. Life can be difficult, but less burdensome if politeness, consideration, compassion, understanding, and an ability to learn comes from all of us, as visitors to this side of the forum. Please accept my sincerest apology on behalf of those that are....for lack of a better term.... uneducated.
awwww Julie do you know what i just have to come give you lots of hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: you are so sweet!

bi_weird
01-09-2007, 10:21 PM
*laughs* I'm really not serious about this, but imagine what the mtfs would say if some of us went over there and started talking about how girls are gross and they're crazy for liking breasts. I love them and all, but I do wish that they would realize that certain topics should stay on certain sides of the fence. We can agree to disagree on body parts and what not, share a drink over it, seems to me.

Robin Leigh
01-09-2007, 10:36 PM
You're just too diplomatic, Felix. Sure, sometimes people make mistakes through ignorance, but there is no excuse for thoughtlessness or rudeness here. All members of the forum should know what it's like to be direspected because of gender-related issues.

If I inadvertantly insult any of the blokes here, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Maybe you guys should make a sticky of FTM etiquette. The first two posts in the Captain's Tips on Dating Transmen (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48645) thread should be required reading for all visitors here, IMHO.

:hugs:

Robin

carla smith
01-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the heads up Felix, seems that sometimes I start a rant and forget that others are in the forum that could be offended. I am sorry if I have offended, and will be more aware of saying anything negative about either side of the "gender fence".

I have been practicing my listening (reading) skills and have found a wealth of knowledge here. :hugs:

Have fun out there!

But fun doesn't just happen. You have to make it a priority in your life or it'll go missing. Life's too short to not have it.

Lisa Golightly
01-10-2007, 02:57 AM
You could try a quick keel-hauling around the bay ;)

Felix
01-10-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm just having a Rum and coke and saying cheers to all who visit for their understanding of this matter...So Thanx all. You are all welcome here and we don't want to put ya off coming to visit. So jump on board and have a rum on the Captain and I xx Felix :hugs:

JulieCDorlando
01-10-2007, 06:11 PM
awwww Julie do you know what i just have to come give you lots of hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: you are so sweet!

Thank you Kieron, I do love the hugs. I just have to hug ya right back now. :D :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I can not contain myself when hugs are being given out.

Tina Dixon
01-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Good grief, I came here to see how my buds were doing and it looks like you had some more fools stop in, just remember guys, to hell with the idiots, there's a bunch of us who care and do our best to under stand you, hell we don't under stand our selfs most of the time, so don't leave because of them when you can stay and be with your real friends.

P.S. Hey Cap make the vermits walk the plank:thumbsup:

kerrianna
01-10-2007, 08:39 PM
:( Sometimes some of the 'girls' here remind me that they have in fact grown up male and privelaged all their lives. It's no excuse, but as most GGs are well aware, men can be incredibly self-centred and ignorant. I often forget that here because most of us are sensitive, and gender-role aware. Once in awhile someone says or does something that just makes me cringe and reminds me that just because you like to dress and act feminine doesn't mean you're not thinking in your limited male ways. I don't want to slam my birth, and the FTM chosen, gender...but honestly...MEN! :hmph:

I think all of the FTM's on this forum are spirited, eloquent people, and I have learned a lot, and hope to keep learning, from them. If I've ever, or ever do, cross the line I trust that I will be duly punished. By any one of you, you're all cute. :battingeyelashes:

pocoyo
01-11-2007, 05:03 AM
Awww. The MTF's that have posted here are absoutely lovely (and funny hehe!)
Bless you for being so thoughtful and caring and understanding to us guys.

Thank you!
:bighug:

carla smith
01-14-2007, 11:22 PM
What is this about? Kerrianna.

"grown up male and privelaged all their lives"

"men can be incredibly self-centred and ignorant"

"thinking in your limited male ways."

"If I've ever, or ever do, cross the line I trust that I will be duly punished"

I think you just did........:rolleyes:

Have fun out there.....but don't sit on one side of the gender fence and bash the other side! Or this side or that side....oh you know what I mean! :happy: