PDA

View Full Version : Hard to keep it a secret...

Danigyrl29
01-10-2007, 11:33 AM
I find myself almost outing myself all the time. I will be at a party, at work, with friends etc. and I will make a comment to a female such as,

"I love your shoes", "Your makeup looks great" or "I love that dress"

Its such a pain trying to walk that line. I wish it wasn't such a big deal. Sometimes I wish everyone knew and was fine with it. Unfortunatley we all know that is not true.

Mary Morgan
01-10-2007, 11:37 AM
It is really hard to keep a secret that you don't want to keep, and one that requires you to defy your very nature. I have the same struggle. Sometimes I go with it, sometimes I don't. Sad that you want to compliment instead of criticize and yet you have to hold back. When I become Queen, I'll fix it for all of us.

Marla S
01-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Yeah I want to tell the world too, nothing wrong with it.

"I love your shoes", "Your makeup looks great" or "I love that dress"

I'd say these are just compliments, she either enjoys them or she sees them as a lame pick-up attempt (she will tell you).

To relate this to outing ... dunno. I'd assigne this to a common CD's persecution complex that anything and everything that is done and said might be interpreted as CDing behavior or outing.

Kate Simmons
01-10-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm giving women compliments all the time and they admire my knowledge of women's fashions(terms, etc.). No biggie really.:happy:

Elizabeth Anne
01-10-2007, 05:05 PM
I haven't actually said it but I have wanted to many times.

susie evans
01-10-2007, 06:29 PM
i have never had a problem with asking other women about where they bought something are how to do something i realy don't think you are outing yourself you are gust trying to gain knowlege about your self to get better i love to talk to the ladies in line at the check out stand at kohls :heehee: :heehee:

KarenSusan
01-10-2007, 07:15 PM
I have told women on occasion that I liked their outfit. I don't necessarily think that they suspect I'm a CD when I do.

juliek
01-11-2007, 10:18 AM
This week I was at a two day conference. One of my customers, who is not particularly attractive by the media's standards (50 years old, a little overweight, not too stylish hairdo) always dresses very nicely. Quite classy. I told her I thought the suit she was wearing looked very nice on her.

The second day, she was wearing a skirt similar to the one from the suit and a nice top. BUT, the thing that really got my attention was the four inch black leather pumps she was wearing. She and I sat in the last row of the auditorium with a couple seats between us, bantering back and forth about the comments made by the speakers. I could not keep my eyes off of those shoes. I really wanted to say something to her but resisted.

I guess the thing is, I wondered if she wore the similar outfit the next day because I liked the previous day's outfit on her. She and I have gotten to be good friends since we began working together the past couple years. And I'll tell you, the shoes made her so sexy I had a hard time paying attention to the speaker. I also thought saying something about those shoes would have made her suspect me.

Julie

heelme
01-11-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm not so sure comments on clothing or looks are so much a telltale sign as much as how it's said and the circumstances. As an example - "Nice shoes" might not alert the CD police, but "Wow, fabulous shoes, do they come in size 13" might. I actually feel more selfconscious commenting on another man's outfit. If someone looks good in something, I reason they took the trouble and worked on it, so a comment is socially proper. And, I'm sure, appreciated.

Sasha Anne Meadows
01-11-2007, 11:54 AM
I find myself making girly gestures. Some day I am going to call someone sweetie by mistake.LOL

Kieron Andrew
01-11-2007, 11:56 AM
I find myself making girly gestures. Some day I am going to call someone sweetie by mistake.LOL
they'll just assume you're gay lol:heehee:

melissaK
01-11-2007, 01:03 PM
they'll just assume you're gay lol:heehee:

And that they do! I have had more than a few G clients/cutomers look me over hard. One day one actually muttered "Are you . . . no, I guess not." It really was hysterical, and he had decided right. I wanted to out myself and explain why he got the first few hits on his radar so he wouldn't think his radar was on the fritz. But since he and his radar came up with the right decision I didn't.

Emma England
01-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Giving women nice compliments will always be appreciated.

They would not suspect you of being cd.

The last woman I said that I liked her skirt. She said thank you, and continued by explaining that she bought it from a quirky shop in Brighton and had trouble carrying it on the back of her motorbike. I laughed in reply saying that she couldn't wear that on a bike!

JoAnnDallas
01-11-2007, 03:54 PM
One day last week, I walked into the lunchroom to heat up my dinner and while I was waiting for the microwave to do it's thing, I noticed one of the ladies looking at a Mary Kay catalog. She was looking at the lipsticks and I causally struck up a conversation with her about lipstick, makeup in general, and what shade went with what looks, time of day, event you going to, daytime vers nightime, and etc. Then the microwave dinged and I took my dinner out and walked away. Just before I exited the lunch room, I looked back and I guess it finially dawned on her the content of the conversation we were having, because she looks at me and she gets this slightly shocked espression on her face. The next day she is in the lunch room the same time I come in and she comes up and asked me how I knew so much about lipstick and makeup. I just told her I was raised in a family where boys were rare and so grew up around mostly females and how my grandnices would get me to take them shopping and were always asking me how this looked or that, which is the truth. She seems to have bought the explination, but the day before it was like two girlfriends just having a casural discussion on lipstick and makeup. LOL

Jodie_Lynn
01-11-2007, 04:15 PM
I find that I am self censoring myself when engaged in convos with females. Just the other day, I was talking about a function that I and the wife and daughter attended, and I was describing the gown my 14 y/o was wearing. The point of my story was that when I saw her dressed up, I realized that my baby girl was gone, and replaced with a beautiful young woman.

But , when I described her gown as having spaghetti straps, one of my female co-workers said "wow, I'm surprised you know about spaghetti straps" and the other ladies nodded. I bit my tongue and said "well, being married for 20 years, you learn something....."

But I think at least one of my co-workers suspects, based on some comments she has made.

cemab4y
01-11-2007, 04:18 PM
I do not get the chance to compliment women on their Make-up,shoes, etc. very often. It is not difficult to be circumspect. Like the previous poster said "Nice Shoes" is different from "Nice Shoes, do they come in mens sizes, because I am a cross-dresser, and I want to buy them!". Women (generally) like to hear that they have good taste in clothing etc. I like to say "Great hair, how long does it take to do it like that?" Women are (generally) flattered, and enjoy talking about such things.

Keep it simple, and don't drill down into the exact length and shade of eyebrow pencil, and you should be ok!

cdeeko
01-11-2007, 06:38 PM
This week at work at the thriftstore almost told my assistant manager "If those BOY jeans are still here when I get off work I am going to buy them..."
Luckily I just said jeans...could just see trying to explain that reference.:heehee:

Angela E.
01-11-2007, 07:10 PM
I work with mostly women and get in on the "girl talk" all the time.Don`t be so self conscious and you`d be amazed how accepting most women can be.If you conduct yourself as a woman you`ll be accepted as one.-Angela:GE: