PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything sexier than letting the curls

Ranee Daze
01-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Really sisters, is there anything sexier than releasing your own headgrown locks into the trusted hands of a skilled stylist(e)/colourist(e) and letting the curls fall where they may?

Hooked on hairspray again!

Ranee

Lisa Golightly
01-11-2007, 02:31 AM
My hair doesn't curl... and it takes colour with all the grace of man trying to push an unwilling elephant along a road. Actually I have a hairdressers appointment today where it will be positively nuked so the roots will take colour, and then I can have any style as long as it's poker straight :)

Kristen Kelly
01-11-2007, 05:08 AM
I am lucky enough to have a FULL head of hair which I now have fashioned into a short bob, it's been highlighted too and I just love it as it grows longer

Rhonda Jean
01-11-2007, 09:03 AM
I love going to the hair salon. Have since I was a kid. My hair is collar bone length. Just before Thanksgiving I gave in to my stylists suggestions and had it layered. Just went yesterday and had it layered a little more. For the last year or so I've been having it straightened (flat ironed) every time I get it cut, and sometimes in between haircuts. Since she layered it, she's started flipping the longest layer up and curling the rest under with a curling iron. I'ts the best my hair has looked in a long time. I go to the salon en femme, without breast forms. Don't know why, really, I don't just go ahead and wear forms, but that's just the way i started out going there and I'm reluctant to change. My once a month or so trip to the "beauty shop" is great therapy.

Penny
01-11-2007, 09:10 AM
I love going to the hair salon. Have since I was a kid. My hair is collar bone length. Just before Thanksgiving I gave in to my stylists suggestions and had it layered. Just went yesterday and had it layered a little more. For the last year or so I've been having it straightened (flat ironed) every time I get it cut, and sometimes in between haircuts. Since she layered it, she's started flipping the longest layer up and curling the rest under with a curling iron. I'ts the best my hair has looked in a long time. I go to the salon en femme, without breast forms. Don't know why, really, I don't just go ahead and wear forms, but that's just the way i started out going there and I'm reluctant to change. My once a month or so trip to the "beauty shop" is great therapy.
Rhonda, have you thought about a water bra; it will give difinition without a great protrusion.

:hugs:

Penny

Rhonda Jean
01-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Hi Penny,
I've had a water bra, but was never really happy with the look it gave me. At least for the one I had, I think I really needed something to start with.

But... that's not really the deal here. I've probably way over complicated my life, but there are places I go that I'm full-out fem, others androgenous, etc.. The good part is I always have somewhere to go where they sort of know me, regardless of how I present that day. Sometimes I don't have time or whatever for full-on fem, but I need a little fix. The unfortunated part is I'm not comfortable stepping out of this known persona. For instance, at this salon I was wearing light makeup, jeans, a sleeveless top and low heels the first time I went there and that's how I dress every time. Not that I wear exactly that. I 've worn capri's, nailpolish, lots of makeup, little makeup... you get the drift. A different version of the same theme. Oh, one of these days I'll add the boobs, and some other time I'll wear a skirt or dress, but right now this is quite satisfying. I've been going to this salon for a little over a year. They're very comfortable with me, and I with them. They do a great job on my hair. They've asked to do my nails, too. I don't want to go too fast or too far and blow a very good thing.

Wow, that was a long answer to the water bra question! Sorry! I'm trying hard not to do any real work!