PDA

View Full Version : "Transformation Studios"

Danigyrl29
01-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Has anybody ventured out and spent the money to go to one of the "Transormation Studios"? You know, get all dolled up in their gear and makeup and have a "professional" photo shoot done.

Just wondering if it was worth it.

mikala
01-10-2007, 09:04 PM
No but I think I'd like that..... where are they located ? (esp for the transformed)

Mikala

Holly
01-10-2007, 09:05 PM
I'm a fan. I have a favorite one that I go to at least a couple of times a year. The studio I use is not near you, but if you PM me, I'd be happy to supply you with a link. Yes, I think it is worth it.

MJ
01-10-2007, 09:38 PM
well i know of one good one in england www.pandoradepledge.com it is a very good dressing service , and i was going there until my ex found out
but i still intend to go it will just take a little longer thats all ...
and i have friends who have been there and had great fun and there make overs are amazing just go take a look in the studio gallery's and see for your self

Marcie Sexton
01-10-2007, 09:44 PM
I have been contacted by a member who know of one in Fayettville, NC, I'm seriously considering it, seeing how I know of none in the E.KY, S.WV areas...

I would love dearly to go to one...:D

Tina Dixon
01-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Had it done twice, worth every cent, even though I got the stuff to do my self, I will get it done again:thumbsup:

Stefanie_in_Mt
01-10-2007, 09:49 PM
I haven't yet, but I think it would be fantastic, I've been told buy a friend that you will be very surprised how good you will look.
Can't seem to find one in Montana but i'm still looking
Love
Stefanie

Andrea Nicole
01-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Hi,
It doesn't have to be one that only caters to CDer's. I go atleast once a year to Glamour Shots and they treat me super. Go and talk to them in person. Meet the wardrobe person, the make people, etc. Decide whether you are going to wear your outfits (I did) or theirs. Just don't expect to have them photograph you in really rique outfits or poses. Use common sense.
This one was done at Glamour Shots..
Huggs,
Andi...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/AndiNic/a056.jpg

Jeannine
01-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Went once to CD-Tips (Lynda Krupa) in Philadelphia several years ago. She was great...although at the time the only picture options were a few Polaroids and this was before wide availability of digital cameras.

It was an amazing experience and I'd love to do it again. Hopefully, in the non-too-distant future.

slamddoger
01-10-2007, 10:19 PM
yes i have been to o ne. if you have opp. to go to one it show you to put thing togater. i went to studio lites in denver co.

renee elizabeth
01-10-2007, 10:23 PM
i've been a client of cd-tips for a few years and every time i go there i'm always amazed at how i look after the transformation - i hope i will get the chance to go again soon my femme side is yearning to be released again :heehee:

suanne
01-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Has anybody ventured out and spent the money to go to one of the "Transormation Studios"? You know, get all dolled up in their gear and makeup and have a "professional" photo shoot done.

Just wondering if it was worth it.

Got any ideas on what it would cost?

wannabie
01-10-2007, 10:32 PM
I've set an appointment for Glamour shots for my birthday as a gift to MEE:love: . Will start posting pics of me after I get them

Jeannine
01-10-2007, 10:37 PM
i've been a client of cd-tips for a few years and every time i go there i'm always amazed at how i look after the transformation - i hope i will get the chance to go again soon my femme side is yearning to be released again :heehee:

I hear you. I arranged my visit there as part of a trip to Philly, but I'd love to go back. Haven't dressed much in the past few years but for some reason recently I'm finding myself drawn back.

Andrea Nicole
01-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Hi,

Lynda Krupa is awesome, a GG and a super Fox at that. She used to do all the makeovers for the "Paradise in the Poconos" week which JoAnn Roberts holds every year. It's something different now. I went to about 3-4 of those Poconos outtings yrs ago, and I had her do me for the formal dinner on Saturday night each time.
Huggs,
Andi..

Tammietoo
01-10-2007, 10:41 PM
yes i have been to o ne. if you have opp. to go to one it show you to put thing togater. i went to studio lites in denver co.

That's where I went for my first and only transformation. I had only dressed partially in the past before I went when I was in Denver on business six years ago. It was a watershed experience for me. I was completely amazed at how I looked. Overall the experience was wonderful, the owners treated me very nice and were patient and understanding and really know what they are doing. I would certainly recommend going if you get the chance. Even on my best days I can't come close to how good my make up was when it was done at the transformation. It was fairly pricey, but given my experience it was worth it. I would love to be able to do it again.

AlysonCD
01-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Is there one in Mississippi or in the south?

Kenix
01-10-2007, 11:58 PM
I had one a couple months ago. For the first time I get to be en femme from head to toe. I was very happy with the results and will go back again. It is not cheap but it as a treat for myself.

Rita Knight
01-11-2007, 10:15 AM
I would recommend Amanda Richards True Colors Makeup Artistry in Bethlehem, PA. Her website is: http://www.truecolorsmakeup.com/ I have done two photoshoots with her and am very satisfied. She is cheaper than then the well known artists in Philadelphia. However, if you do not have clothes, Amanda does not have much for you to use. Amanda really does know her makeup.

Cheryl GG
01-11-2007, 10:22 AM
I saw an ad for one of these and it was amazing what these make-up artists can do....WOW - Glamor Shots aint got nothing compared to these professionals....if anyone has had this done....would you care to share your pics?? xoxoC/

Karen43
01-11-2007, 10:43 AM
I did not get a transformation but four years ago I got up the courage to call a nearby Merle Norman Studio for a makeover and asked if they would accomadate me fully dressed. The owner could not have been nicer, she had no problem with this, made the appointment. When I arrived she treated me as if I were a GG and I had a great makeover and made a new friend. I still go back for tips and new makeovers.

Ranee Daze
01-11-2007, 03:44 PM
I've made a couple of pilgrimages to Toronto to Take A Walk on The Wildside, and have been disappointed both times by the blase attitude, their rather dirty transformation area and not such a great portfolio. All this to say that I think you should check any of these places out well before you spend cash on time, travel and money. Get some independant testimonials. I've always had more fun just with regular salons where I've asked over the phone whether they'll help, have met for a consultation and have walked in to a very fun scene for hair and makeup where the stylists are having just as much fun as I am. Enthousiasm really adds to the experience.

I've even had a terrific time at hairdressing schools, and have saved alot of money in the process. Students are not so much on the clock and will take much more time with you, whereas most makeover/transformation studios offer strickly timed services.

On the other hand, I would love to have the time and cash for "Miss Vera's Finishing School For Boys Who want to be Girls" in New York, The Empire City in Seattle, or Pandora de Pledge or Le Boudoire In London!

All in all, buyer beware!

Noel Chimes
01-11-2007, 07:41 PM
You know, it would be nice to get the "FULL MONTEY" and have proof that I can LOOK that GOOD. Does anyone know of a place in St.L?:gorgeous:

alisoncdnj
01-11-2007, 08:52 PM
I went to Amanda Richards a few months ago and had a great time. The make over was fabulous. The clothes and shoes were also great. I had such a great time I can't wait to go back again. I felt so feminine and sexy. Amanda made me feel at ease. If you go you will have a great time! Have fun and enjoy yourself.

Hugs

Alison

Christina Nicole
01-11-2007, 09:05 PM
I have been to a few of these places. I went once to the one in Reno. I forget the name, but the lady there was nice and did a very good makeover. It was a real confidence builder for me since that was only the second or third time I went out in public. The first time I went out in public dressed was after a makeover from Lynda of CD-Tips. It also, non-coincidentally in my opinion, the only time I was ever laughed at by someone when I was out, which happened right after I left Lynda's apartment. Obviously, I went straight home instead of spending the day out.

Carla in San Jose of Carla's does superior makeovers and is a wonderful person. Likewise I was quite pleased with Karen of Femme Fever on Long Island. Karen is also super nice and does a very good makeover. Going to these places is a good place to start. I went to them when I first was going out, since I needed to buy everything. I also went to them when I needed to buy everything again because I had purged everything I had.

Some are more expensive than others. I think Karen at Femme Fever charges about $90 just to do makeup. I think Carla charged about the same, or a little less. Lynda, at the the other end of the scale, charged (over 10 years ago) $100/hr :eek: with a three hour minimum for doing makeup.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

BobbieCD1944
01-11-2007, 09:30 PM
I have a friend who went to Victoria's near Portland. Fantastic. She did a great job. Later we went to The Embers. Anyway, I've heard nothing negative about her service. Someday.. heh.. after a lottery win.. I might go..