PDA

View Full Version : "If looks can kill"

diane59
01-11-2007, 01:54 PM
I took an extended lunch today and visited the local Wal Mart in my typical work attire, Jeans Workboots & tee shirt with my tattoos emblazoned.
Found 3 new bras and some cool satin p.j. s. While I was on line to pay this older woman in front of me stated "My it's really nice of you to do that for your wife" I then leaned over and whispered in her ear. "It would be nice, but these are for me" The look of absolute astonishment on her face :confused2: was worth a million dollars, especially when she pointed me out to her traveling companion out in the parking lot.
Typically I would have made up some lame excuse, but since I have joined this forum I have found out how stupid I have been and am learning to be myself and have some fun!!:heehee:
Thank you Ladies for helping me "OPEN UP"
:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

lauraabdl
01-11-2007, 02:03 PM
I guess that I should try this in the future and see what happens. I have just been so self aware that I get scared and I guess that since I have been viewing the threads from you girls lately I need to come out of my shell a little and live. Thanks

Charolette time
01-11-2007, 02:04 PM
I took an extended lunch today and visited the local Wal Mart in my typical work attire, Jeans Workboots & tee shirt with my tattoos emblazoned.
Found 3 new bras and some cool satin p.j. s. While I was on line to pay this older woman in front of me stated "My it's really nice of you to do that for your wife" I then leaned over and whispered in her ear. "It would be nice, but these are for me" The look of absolute astonishment on her face :confused2: was worth a million dollars, especially when she pointed me out to her traveling companion out in the parking lot.
Typically I would have made up some lame excuse, but since I have joined this forum I have found out how stupid I have been and am learning to be myself and have some fun!!:heehee:
Thank you Ladies for helping me "OPEN UP"

Isnt it fun when that happens, I was in Wal Mart trying on some skirts and dresses , and while standing in my panties and bra, the door opened, I guess the latch was broken, well the look on the ladies face was priceless, normally a sales ladie is at the dressing rooms, but thru redesigning the store she was moved to the back of the store, so no one was checking the stalls to see if they were in use, on the way out I said hi to her and went on my way, Charolette

Tree GG
01-11-2007, 02:18 PM
No quite so brazen, but my hubby went into CVS the other night and asked the sales clerk where he could find their eye liner selection - all by himself! Said I would've been proud of him and the only reaction he got was a big sh**a** grin from her and directions to the appropriate aisle.

diane59
01-11-2007, 02:25 PM
I guess that I should try this in the future and see what happens. I have just been so self aware that I get scared and I guess that since I have been viewing the threads from you girls lately I need to come out of my shell a little and live. Thanks

I actually enjoyed this immensely, Honestly I will probably push the envelope and start asking for assistance when I'm in the womans department. Feel like a heavy weight has been lifted. P.S. I shop this Wal Mart with my SO quite often, so it was pretty nerve wracking.

"Hey, if the shoe fits, BUY IT!"

Karren H
01-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Hehehe.... Does make shopping sooo much more fun when you get the general public involved!!!

:)

Love Karren

JoAnnDallas
01-11-2007, 03:36 PM
Last time I went into a Walgreens, I was browsing the cosmetic asle when a SA came up and asked if I needed any help. I said "Yes" and proceeded to ask her help in finding some new foundation and eye shadow. She said that the best way to buy foundation is for my wife to come in so she could match it to her face. I told her I knew that, but I was shopping for myself. She got wide eyed and did not say anything for a few moments. She then smiled and said "OK" lets try some on your hand and see which one matchs the closest. We discused how much I wanted to spend and when I asked about eye shadow, she had me close my eyes for a moment so she could hold some up close to judge. All in all I we spent at least 1/2hr and then she took me over to the cosmetic check out counter to ring me up. I guess I suprised her when I said "hold this for me, I also need a new pair of pantyhose". She smiled and told me where the pantyhose asle was. I went and found what I needed, came back, and checked out. She was very professional, but I know as soon as I left, she told all the SA's in the store. But who cares, you only live life once.

Phyliss
01-11-2007, 04:22 PM
".... this older woman in front of me stated "My it's really nice of you to do that for your wife" I then leaned over and whispered in her ear. "It would be nice, but these are for me" The look of absolute astonishment on her face :confused2: was worth a million dollars, especially when she pointed me out to her traveling companion out in the parking lot."

Loads of fun there. I guess the only thing to be careful of, is to be sure your C.P.R. card is up to date. What would you have done if she'd had a heart attack right there? :eek: :D :D

cemab4y
01-11-2007, 04:59 PM
One definition of a diplomat, is someone who lies for his country. While I do not advocate lying, I have found it easier for all concerned to be circumspect in my dealing with sales people and others in the shopping scene. My favorite introductory line is "Do you have many men coming in to this store to buy lingerie? (makeup,etc.)" that usually puts the sales person at ease, I have never had one freak out on me yet. I was in a lingerie store in California, and I bought some terrific stuff, no one batted an eye. I find it also convenient to bring in one item of lingerie (bra, panty,etc), and show it to the sales person, and say, this is her size, can I get some more similar?

Why borrow trouble? Why make your fellow human beings uncomfortable? Try to remember that there are many people out there, who are totally "weirded out" by this phenomenon. I suggest that we all try to be all members of the same human family!

Rebecca_Annette
01-11-2007, 05:18 PM
In mid december last year (2006) I bought a pair of high-heeled, ankle strap shoes from a chain called Evans.

They had one shoe on display, I took it to the sales counter and asked the girl if I could have to other one to match it.

She took me back to the shoe department and assured me she would find me the "right" assistant.

Eventually a pretty young girl arrived with the shoes in a box. She said . . . "Are these for you sir?" Then quickly changed tack and said. "I mean, are you buying these?"

I simply said. "Yes, dear, I am buying them, and they are for me." And winked.

The poor girl didn't know where to put herself. I

I am actually quite ashamed by what I said to her. She did not deserve it, she was doing her job, and doing it nicely.

Peace
Rebecca

Joy Carter
01-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Now you giurls have just educated a few more people about gender gifted people. Or gave them something to gossip about. :heehee:

susie evans
01-11-2007, 06:28 PM
karren is right i have a lot of fun talking to to all the other women i line at the check out stand ,hey you never no the might get some good ideas :heehee: :heehee:

sonalnarula
01-11-2007, 06:33 PM
You guys are priceless. I told my hair stylist y'day that I shaved my arms and that I was going through a hair-o-phobia. Then she asked me if I shaved my legs too and I said yes, I did. She smiled but of course, has no idea that I am a crossdresser. She doesnt do waxing at her salon but I had her trim my eyebrows down as much as she could. I really really really want girly eyebrows. Mine look like Santa's :(. I like Santa though :).

Anyway, I plan to telling her sometime that I dress - maybe she can be the one physical person that I can share my secret with.

Sonal

Kristen Kelly
01-11-2007, 06:49 PM
One definition of a diplomat, is someone who lies for his country. While I do not advocate lying, I have found it easier for all concerned to be circumspect in my dealing with sales people and others in the shopping scene. My favorite introductory line is "Do you have many men coming in to this store to buy lingerie? (makeup,etc.)" that usually puts the sales person at ease, I have never had one freak out on me yet. I was in a lingerie store in California, and I bought some terrific stuff, no one batted an eye. I find it also convenient to bring in one item of lingerie (bra, panty,etc), and show it to the sales person, and say, this is her size, can I get some more similar?

Why borrow trouble? Why make your fellow human beings uncomfortable? Try to remember that there are many people out there, who are totally "weirded out" by this phenomenon. I suggest that we all try to be all members of the same human family!

Come on think of it as SA training, girls just want to have fun.

cindybarnes
01-11-2007, 06:51 PM
I have had many chances over the years to fess up when asked about my purchases but so far I have taken the easy way out :)

The last chance was while checking out at GoodWill and the girl said " thats so cool guys buying for their wife's, and you have great taste on your purchase"
I just thanked her and went on.

I dont try things on at the store either,, its too easy to just return what may not fit or look like I had wanted. Maybe some of us are just non-confrontational and others enjoy the shock factor LOL

Nothing wrong with being honest,, I just dont see a reason for me to get into my personal details when buying things. Maybe someday the situation may be different and I will surprise some sales person, it would take one thats oviously on to me or CD TG openly friendly.

Cindy

Victoria-Marie
01-11-2007, 07:00 PM
While I was on line to pay this older woman in front of me stated "My it's really nice of you to do that for your wife" I then leaned over and whispered in her ear. "It would be nice, but these are for me"

I would have replied: "how do you know these are for my wife?".

Once, at Value Village, I was browsing some blouses, in male mode, and a woman near by told me jokingly: "These will not fit you". To which I replied: "How do you know?". Needless to say she looks a little confused :D

Mica
01-11-2007, 08:43 PM
I am one of those chickens. I was in the Walmart the next town over after work one daybuying nails and eyelashes for a dress up day the following day (now I should say that I work in an auto plant and generally look pretty rough after work) and the SA in the cosmetics department while ringing me up asked if they were for me. For a couple of giddy seconds where I felt an almost sexual excitement at letting the cat out of the bag I almost said yes they are for me. But in the end I chickened out and said no. Maybe one day though.