PDA

View Full Version : Wow!!! I am at the office during the day en femme!

Rachel Elizabeth
01-25-2005, 02:08 PM
:p

Wow!! I had my hair done last night, my nails manicured and painted, and my brows waxed. I looked good and felt good. I did not want that feeling to end. I decided last night that I would NOT change back to "him" today.

My office has approximately 300 employees in a flex type environment. This morning
I took my shower and put on my female business attire...appropriate under garments,
black flats, black skirt, black multi-color turtleneck sweater, my jewelry, and my make up. I checked at the office at 08:15 AM this morning. I have been here since...it is now 1:10 PM. I have had lots of traffic go by my work space. A couple of real girls [who I know] looked in but didn't stop. They looked because there are few women and they didn't recognize this one...so I must be a new girl on the block.

Gawd! I love it!!!

Wendy me
01-25-2005, 02:09 PM
if you have to do that w thing that sounds fun..............................

LindaTS
01-25-2005, 02:13 PM
That is fantastic. I'm sure this is a dream that most of us have. I don't think I'd ever change back the other way.

Tristen Cox
01-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Kewl, now that sounds way fun! You must be beaming from across the room by now. Hope the rest of the day goes just as well for you. *hugs*

Love
Tristen

Janet K.
01-25-2005, 02:16 PM
You lucky girl!!! I can only dream of being able to come in to work as Juana.

Georgette
01-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Way to go Racheal I bet you are on a continous high today and beaming from ear toear I know I would be, one thing don't go to your therapist like that :rolleyes: they sort of frown on it, been there done that. LOL :)

sherri
01-25-2005, 03:24 PM
This is one of the most amazing posts I've read in this forum! And yes, my envy is pegging the green meter. There are so many things I want to ask, but I'll settle for two right now:

You haven't discussed this beforehand with the powers that be?
What do you think is going to happen when they find out?
If you don't keep us posted on the developments, I will hunt you down!

Julie York
01-25-2005, 03:59 PM
It would be interesting to see if you can get the production figures for the day and draw a graph with respect to carpet wear past your work space.

I predict, with the above results that gossip level is at an all time high, expected to peak around the time the Managing Director appears.

Good luck.

Melissa A.
01-25-2005, 04:45 PM
Wow.

Can't say much else.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

MichelleGray502
01-25-2005, 05:57 PM
it takes a lot of guts and courage to do what rachel did, i have never try to dress femm going to work because i would for sure get caught and who knows what would happen after that possibly lose my job, but way to go rachel i know how you feel some days you want to stay femm and not change back i have a lot of those days as well and i stay dress femm reguardless on what i do but as far as going to work dressed femm i don't think i cpould pull it off without being caught maybe one of these days i will enough guts to try it.
rachel keep us posted on what happens
Michelle_Peanut_Skirter

DanaJ
01-25-2005, 05:58 PM

Wow!! I had my hair done last night, my nails manicured and painted, and my brows waxed. I looked good and felt good. I did not want that feeling to end. I decided last night that I would NOT change back to "him" today.

My office has approximately 300 employees in a flex type environment. This morning
I took my shower and put on my female business attire...appropriate under garments,
black flats, black skirt, black multi-color turtleneck sweater, my jewelry, and my make up. I checked at the office at 08:15 AM this morning. I have been here since...it is now 1:10 PM. I have had lots of traffic go by my work space. A couple of real girls [who I know] looked in but didn't stop. They looked because there are few women and they didn't recognize this one...so I must be a new girl on the block.

Gawd! I love it!!!
Wow! That sounds like an awesome day there Rachel Elizabeth! How was your hair done? Did you get a set? What kind of manicure did they do on you (what products were used, etc)? You got this all done in a salon, right? Did you go there en femme too? I LOVE salon stories :)

I don't remember seeing any photos of you on this forum. You definitely have to have some, and I just know you look fantastic - so how about sharing? I am willing to help you if you don't know how to post a photo.

DanaJ

tv_rachael
01-25-2005, 06:26 PM
lucky you.... think i would be noticed seeing as theres only about 10 staff in my office haha

oh well...

Holly
01-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Racheal,

What Sherri said... Details girlfriend, details!

Trinity_cat
01-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Well done Rachel, one giant step etc etc

I do hope the rest of the day went well for you.

lucky you.... think i would be noticed seeing as theres only about 10 staff in my office haha
TV Rachael, if there were no people in the office, you would still be noticed :p

racheal
01-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Way to go Rachel! You are very lucky to work with a company like that - I don't think mine would approve, but I still wear everything femme underneath - I am sure that they have noticed. :) That would be an interesting dream to dream...

Jenine
01-25-2005, 07:20 PM
A dream come true, R. Is there any going back now?

x

rachel_jean
01-25-2005, 07:23 PM
Way to go....

I'm sure that made for quite an interesting day at the office.

Did anyone stop by to 'chat'?

This could actually make someone look FORWARD to going to work.

Rachel Jean

katie1
01-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Rachel elizabeth, you are a legend! I'm dying for more details too. Keep us posted. A photo would be brilliant.

we're all with you in spirit

sherri
01-25-2005, 08:22 PM
7 hours and no word ... is this a good sign?

sherri
01-25-2005, 08:24 PM
TV Rachael, you would be noticed anywhere girl. I mean, I notice you in my dreams!

ChristineRenee
01-25-2005, 08:36 PM
Wow Rachael...I mean there is going out dressed and then there is going out DRESSED!:eek:

You seriously ROCK girlfriend...shock and awe here...shock and awe!:cool: :)

Huge Hugs & Kisses,
Christine Renee

sherri
01-25-2005, 10:22 PM
Gosh, I'm on pins and needles. 9:30 and still no follow-up report. I don't see how you can be so quiet about such a red letter day! I'd be gushing news! I hope you weren't humiliated or fired or something! Don't keep us in suspense!

Stephanie Brooks
01-25-2005, 11:27 PM

Gawd! I love it!!!
Wow Rachel, that IS fantastic.

So how did it go? How did it go when someone came looking for Rachel-Man (for lack of a male name)? How did things go when people spoke with you? I know even in my workplace, where most of us have offices, that you never get privacy except perhaps on the weekends.

I'd be real interested to learn how they coped with you for the day. It would be really nice for me to be Steve (not my real male name) one day and Stephanie the next. At my work however, the reality is they wouldn't be capable of dealing with such random and capricious changes. I may be an alpha geek, but to change gender at work from one day to the next, my sweet little butt would be on the street.

I'll make two points.

1. I don't believe the story. Sorry, but it really is fantastic. It may be true - and I hope it really is - but it reads as a fiction. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

2. If this is true, then Rachel, you're playing a rather dangerous game wrt your employment. The US isn't exactly known for being open to such things. A few M2F TSs have transitioned at my company, but mostly these are quiet events. The gay community is also quite subdued at my company for fear of corporate reprisals. Point is, you can be fired for disruptive behavior, and crossdressing fits that category, especially if you interact with customers. It's all nice and fun to be femmy and all, but these people can fire you and you would have no recourse.

Natasha Anne
01-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Well done. You're living my dream. It's my next step to, but what a step it is!

Awesome

Anita
01-27-2005, 05:06 PM
interesting very interesting I know when I worked for a company what would have happened It would not have been pleasant but I bet it would have been quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie Brooks
01-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Stephanie,
You make a really good point but wouldn't be great if it was true and there was no recourse.In our dreams of course.But if you can't fantasize what is the point of being alive
Oh it would be great! I want to wear a pink suit to work! It's just that I want to be employed the next day.

Donna Louise
01-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Rachel

That is completely fantastic. Like everyone else here we all wish we had a job like that. I'm from the south but I would brave the winters for a job like that. You are having a terrific day. How I envy you. Enjoy it for me and the rest of us that can't do it.

Donna Louise

Anita
01-27-2005, 07:25 PM
fact or fiction?i am on the fence

Marlene4a
01-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Rachel: My computer has been acting up lately a bit. Your avatar is missing.

AmberDay
01-27-2005, 11:33 PM
Well If the story is true, then I am jealous. I work in a factory and of course nothing like that would be tolerated and it isn't. A cd was fired several months ago for coming to work dressed (violation of dress code). I shave my legs from september to march, so there is a fear of getting caught. I never wear undergarments due to the high risk of getting hurt. Two weeks ago, I fell off of a machine at work and my jeans snagged a corner ripping them from the ankle to right above my knee. I had a bad cut on my knee that was bleeding pretty bad. Although I should have gone to the hospital for stitches, I couldn't because my supervisor would have looked at the wound and saw I shaved my legs. I had to put tape around my jeans so people wouldn't be able to tell I shaved them. I wish all I had to worry about is paper-cuts, then I would wear undergarments to work ;)

Amber

Lauren Richards
01-28-2005, 01:45 AM
I am assuming the winking icon in the original posting means this story is either a joke, or just a fantasy. Certainly has that feel.

Rachel Elizabeth
01-28-2005, 11:02 AM
My mother told that there would be doubters. My mother also always told me to tell the truth. The truth:

1. Yes, I did go to work dressed as described. I had my blonde TV anchor woman hair style. I wore black flats, black skirt, and a turteneck sweater...and, dangly earrings.

2. Yes, I was daring someone to stop by an chat. 300 hundred people work in this office and not one, not one, stopped by to introduce themselves to the "new girl." I thought that one of the women in this office would because she looked like she wanted to but my glass door was shut.

3. I was up an about several times...getting coffee, going to the women's room, getting coffee, going to the women's room, and then the copier.

4. I had one of the males actually hold the door open for me as I was leaving for the day. We just smiled at each other.

5. My boss[s] wouldn't say anything because they seldom leave their offices. Most of my communication was on conference calls and emails that day. I way a typing fool!

6. My day continued...I went back to my hotel and changed into heels and a nice white starched blouse. I went to Morton's at 5:15 PM to have a cocktail and eat dinner. I was greeted by the maitre de by name, shown my seat in the dining room,
and introduced to my server as "Rachel." The maitre de then said: "You have met Rachel before, correct? The server responded yes." I had a fantasitic cosmopolitan.
I then had a glass of white wine with sea scallops wrapped in bacon. I then had a phenominal glass of red wine with a rib eye served with brocoli. I finished the meal with berries and gran marnier whipped cream and a glass of port. As I left, the manager indicated that they had updated their computer with my visit and my name and preferences.

7. I then went shopping. I went to Nordstroms, talked to the personal touch assistant . She worked with me to get the right size Misook knit suit and shell. She gave me her card and said that I should call her any time I wanted something and she would have it ready for me.

Now....if you don't believe me, arrange a time when you would like to visit my office and go to dinner. If you don't want to join me en femme, then you can "pretend" to be my shy male companion.

Nanananananah! :)

DanaJ
01-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Wow! That sounds like an awesome day there Rachel Elizabeth! How was your hair done? Did you get a set? What kind of manicure did they do on you (what products were used, etc)? You got this all done in a salon, right? Did you go there en femme too? I LOVE salon stories :)

I don't remember seeing any photos of you on this forum. You definitely have to have some, and I just know you look fantastic - so how about sharing? I am willing to help you if you don't know how to post a photo.

DanaJRachael - again I say what a fantastic day it sounds like you had! But you didn't answer my questions, so I quoted them for you above. I want to hear about your day at the salon too, that sounds like so much fun!

DanaJ

Rachel Elizabeth
01-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Rachael - again I say what a fantastic day it sounds like you had! But you didn't answer my questions, so I quoted them for you above. I want to hear about your day at the salon too, that sounds like so much fun!

DanaJ

I live in Indianapolis but work frequently at the Itasca Il office. I did a search on the web and found a salon about 2 miles from the office. I called them and talked with Debbie. I told her my name was Rachel and asked if it would be awkward for them. They responded: no, come on in. That was three sessions ago.

Session 1: Had my nails done...berry colored. Had my brows shaped and waxed.
Was wearing casual slacks, a sweater, and slides. Wore my short highlighted wig.

Session 2: Had my nails done...sparkly berry. Had a body wax and brow wax. Had my wig styled. We had a little fun with it...instead of the conservative business woman look, we did a little "wild" arrangement. I was there for about 2 and half hours and really had great conversations about being a girl, what girls do, learned about the lives of the girls working with me, etc. Wore a skirt, blouse, casual shoes.

Session 3: most recent...since I am in the system as Rachel, there were three girls there..no other customers. We spent a lot of time just girl talking. They were sort of jealous and I was clearly jealous. It was a really sweet time. I cannot tell you how feminine I felt. As I was leaving, another lady came in - the girls all yelled goodbye and come back soon.

hugs.... :)

DanaJ
01-28-2005, 11:42 AM
That all sounds sooo much fun Rachel!! I go to salons a lot myself, so I know what you mean when you feel like one of the girls. Isn't it great?

But mainly, I was wondering about the salon session you had on Monday January 24. What polish do they use at that salon? Did you get your wig styled then, or your hair styled, I was a bit confused about that part. What kind of wig do you have? How did they do your brows, did you get them done femme? Is it a privated-owned salon or part of a chain?

Thanks for your answers, I just love salon stories! BTW, if you look that good that you could pass at your office, you should show some pix here - I am sure we would all love to see them...

DanaJ

Sharon
01-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Well, with all these names provided, the story MUST be true! Tell us more Rachel Elizabeth!

kumquats anyone?

Janet K.
01-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Rachel Elizabeth, you are so lucky to have an enclosed office at your work. All we have here is cubicles and I would have been found out within five minutes of getting here, if I ever made it past security.

Stephanie Brooks
01-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Wow Rachel, I'm impressed.

I'd love to work for your company, if only for going through an entire day w/o interruptions! I have an opaque door, and they STILL knock on it. Must be an east coast kinda thang.

You know, though, it sounds as though your company may have a bit of a security problem. I don't know about your area, but around the northern Virginia area, if an unknown person were sitting at a desk in someone's office, that would be noticed very quickly and challenged. "Who is it? Visitor? Spouse? Contractor? Do they have permission to be working in that person's office at that desk?" Corporate espionage can wreck a company's bottom line. Given that you have a glass door and you know at least one person noticed you, I think it is pretty safe to say that you were observed by some people in your workplace.

(Love, let me give you a hint or two. I write science fiction and fantasy short stories for fun. Fiction needs to be believable in order to draw the reader. "Superlative everything" and "extraordinary everything" puts you in with high schoolers and sitcom writers. It's boring and banal, and an insult to the intelligence of your readers. Lying in real life about a single item is bound for failure; passing a fiction as truth is an art few have mastered, though failures are legion. If you're going to post fantasies, 1) Learn how to write them; 2) Go out and get some life experience that you can include in your stories.)

sherri
01-28-2005, 02:07 PM
Now....if you don't believe me, arrange a time when you would like to visit my office and go to dinner. If you don't want to join me en femme, then you can "pretend" to be my shy male companion.
I'd call your bluff in a heartbeat if I could, no shyness necessary. And I would bet the dinner check you'd be a no-show.

Nanananananah! :)
We're dealing with an adolescent here, one who is obviously enjoying jerking chains. I'm done with this thread, and with its originator. As far as I'm concerned, he will be talking to himself from now on.

Rachel Elizabeth
01-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Bet a paycheck, huh? Okay. You're on. By the way, you would lose.

Re: my workplace. Nope. Security is really good. We have coded entry. I used my badge and walked into the office before the masses. The office is a flex office...in otherwords, you don't have a fixed cubicle or closed door office. Every one has to reserve space two hours before they need it. The inner offices have "sliding glass doors" so people walk back and forth all the time. Half the time, those folks who walk by don't know other folks. [That speaks to a different issue or problem.] That being the case, unless you put you name tag on the door, they don't know who is there unless they recognize them.

Re: salon......I purchased a blondish, below the shoulders wig. I didn't like the way it looked so I ask them to trim and style it. The girls who did it were in their late 20's.
They did an excellent job of trimming and styling. It originally was a center part and they all suggested changing it to more of side part with part of the hair draping over
the right eye. The last session, I went with feminine shaping. In the past two sessions, I moved slowly toward shaping...this time, I finished it. They chose a gorgeous "Twinkle
Pink." I was surprised how pretty it looked on instead of in the bottle.

As to whether you believe my post or not, I do push the edge. My company is California based and is very liberal. Had someone stopped me to chat, I would not have had a problem. If they started something, I would have walked them to HR with me and had a chat. What I have found out through going dressed in public is that
people who work for me don't even recognize me when I am en femme. I attended a meeting in St. Louis and stayed at the Creve Ceur Mariott Courtyard. I was walking out of my room for dinner when two people who have reported to me for four years came down the hall. They smiled, I smiled and kept going. The next day at our meeting, nothing was said or mentioned. If I am at work, I wear good women's business attire.

If any of you live in the burbs around Chicago and want to "test" the veracity of my story, let me know. We can arrange a meet and you can be my witnesses.

my, my, my.

What is the worst that can happen? Can they send me to Viet Nam? I doubt it.
Can they fire me? No. We don't have a dress code and I wasn't creating any problems. I was doing my work. If they push, I tell them that I am transitioning. Once I tell them that, HR stands behind me. You just have to do your research.

For those who believe me, believe me....it was an incredible experience. It was exhilerating. It had that hint of danger...the thrill of daring to be caught. I actually
walked into the office of one the women who walked by when I was there and struck up a conversation [in my male form.] She didn't have a clue. I have known her for 9 years.

bye, bye!! :rolleyes:

Rachel Elizabeth
01-28-2005, 03:37 PM
I'd call your bluff in a heartbeat if I could, no shyness necessary. And I would bet the dinner check you'd be a no-show.

We're dealing with an adolescent here, one who is obviously enjoying jerking chains. I'm done with this thread, and with its originator. As far as I'm concerned, he will be talking to himself from now on.

That's a shame. I thank you for your compliment since I am in my mid-fifties. I have always taken care of myself.

So, the thing you should know, is....I never talk to myself, although it might be the most intelligent exchange I have had.

Good bye.....

DanaJ
01-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Re: salon......I purchased a blondish, below the shoulders wig. I didn't like the way it looked so I ask them to trim and style it. The girls who did it were in their late 20's.
They did an excellent job of trimming and styling. It originally was a center part and they all suggested changing it to more of side part with part of the hair draping over
the right eye. The last session, I went with feminine shaping. In the past two sessions, I moved slowly toward shaping...this time, I finished it. They chose a gorgeous "Twinkle
Pink." I was surprised how pretty it looked on instead of in the bottle.
Rachel, agian I say that is a great story and you are to be commended. I meant, what type of wig was it? Synthetic or human hair? Who made the wig, because I am always interested in getting new wigs that look good and can be restyled. Polishes sometimes look very different in the bottle than on nails, I agree. Who made the polish? Most salons (90% or so) use OPI polishes, is that the polish? I would love to find out who makes it, sounds like a yummy color.

If you do not want to answer here, you can always PM me :) And, since you do all that in public, you have to look fantastic - can you please post a pic?

DanaJ

Megan_Renee
01-28-2005, 03:49 PM

Hmmm... Come to think of it... Should I believe your stories?

We have no reason to doubt the veracity of the story and we're not doing scientific research... if She's jerking our chain, then i say "c'mon give it a tug."

I for one believe... but then I also believe in a lot of things... ;-)

Megan

Rachel Elizabeth
01-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Rachel, agian I say that is a great story and you are to be commended. I meant, what type of wig was it? Synthetic or human hair? Who made the wig, because I am always interested in getting new wigs that look good and can be restyled. Polishes sometimes look very different in the bottle than on nails, I agree. Who made the polish? Most salons (90% or so) use OPI polishes, is that the polish? I would love to find out who makes it, sounds like a yummy color.

If you do not want to answer here, you can always PM me :) And, since you do all that in public, you have to look fantastic - can you please post a pic?

DanaJ

It was OPI polish, and, in fact, one of the girls was wearing it on hers and commented.
This particular wig is synthetic and I purchased from a salon where they also have wigs for those women undergoing chemo. I found out from the girl at the salon [who use to work at one the hair replacement firms you see advertising on TV] that I can get a wig made to order of human hair for around $500-700. According to her, you go in and actually go through virtual design to arrive at a wig style that is the most becoming to you. It is also like having custom shoes...they "build" it to your exact measurements.

She is supposed to send me an email with whom I should contact.

Hugs....

DanaJ
01-28-2005, 04:05 PM
It was OPI polish, and, in fact, one of the girls was wearing it on hers and commented.
This particular wig is synthetic and I purchased from a salon where they also have wigs for those women undergoing chemo. I found out from the girl at the salon [who use to work at one the hair replacement firms you see advertising on TV] that I can get a wig made to order of human hair for around $500-700. According to her, you go in and actually go through virtual design to arrive at a wig style that is the most becoming to you. It is also like having custom shoes...they "build" it to your exact measurements.

She is supposed to send me an email with whom I should contact.

Hugs....Thanks Rachel, I will check with my nail tech tonight about that OPI polish when I go for my weekly. Hmmmm, I thought that synthetic wigs could not be cut or especially restyled, as the shape is pretty much locked in when they make them. I will ask my makeover lady who owns her own salon and is an instructor when I see her next week.... I know you cannot use a curling iron or anything hot to reshape them, as the synthetic material melts...

Thanks for the answers, I really appreciate it! BTW, any chance of seeing a pic anytime soon :) Maybe just an avatar?

DanaJ

DonnaT
01-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Maybelline has Twinkle Pink in Express Finish Glitter

Stephanie Brooks
01-28-2005, 04:21 PM
My company is California based and is very liberal.
Mine's Massachusetts based, and I refer to it as Berkeley East.

I hear ya sellin', but I ain't buyin'. :p

Marlene4a
01-28-2005, 10:50 PM
What a wonderful fantasy that we all have, that you actually lived !!! Wow how fortunate you are to be able to live in the "other world" and fully function and especially at work!!! where, we all spend most of our lives.
What a wonderful dream land that is.
You are my envy and heroine.

I would need to see some photos of you, so I can duplicate what you have done, so that I may be accepted in my office as a genuine female.

Thank you so much for posting this thread. It has given us all the inspiration we need to fulfill our dreams.

It is too bad, what you said it is not true.. Maybe someday huh??

Danielle1960
01-28-2005, 11:22 PM
Rachel You go girl. :D

Until you tell me otherwise, I would love to go to work with you, but that would be in the future.
Thanks for sharing!! :)

AmberDay
01-29-2005, 01:51 AM
I told my wife that we are moving to the left coast so I can get an office job and go to work 'dressed' all the time. She said no. I told her fine, then we are going to move to Virginia so I can get an office job and go to work 'dressed' all the time. Again she said no. She is so unfair, lol.

Although she did say that if we win the lottery, I can develop/ publish a monthly cd magazine (I always wanted to write a magazine for cd's). She said I can go to that job dressed all the time.

Oh God, please let me win the lottery......

lol

Amber

racquel
01-29-2005, 04:36 AM
Since it's now 1.30 am and i've just finished reading my bedtime story, I think I'll try to dream just such an impossible dream. :rolleyes:
Good night girls.

Rachel Elizabeth
01-31-2005, 09:27 AM
I know that some of you have a tough time believing my experience. I can understand that; however, none of you know "me." I have always taken risks and when you do, you have to be ready to be accountable and responsible. Getting caught doesn't scare me.

I am going to be back in that same office complex the week of the 7th. I will go to work once again as Rachel.

Some of you have asked about pictures...I have always made it a point not to take pictures. I don't even have pictures of my other self. Given some of the doubters, however, I will give thought to how I can a picture taken at the office.

Until the next time....

Stephanie Brooks
01-31-2005, 10:50 AM
:rolleyes: Someone who frequents Mortons, Nordstroms, et al and is out in public en femme certainly has sufficient vanity to have a few pictures of herself. I'm sure you know of a studio or two that can do some lovely photographs for you.

Rachel Elizabeth
01-31-2005, 11:15 AM
:)

I will attempt to find an photographer to have a portrait done.

I wasn't misrepresenting my aversion to photographs, regardless of the circumstances.

thanks....

Wendy me
01-31-2005, 11:19 AM
rachel not quite shure eather way so i won't say yes or no ...........if all is true wow
i realy do envey you.........you see in eather mode wendy or "him" people know when
we are around just to blend in so no one even knows you are there or for that matter ..............even cares or knows you were even showed up ..........in eather mode .......mabey just a little sad.........

paulaN
01-31-2005, 11:54 AM
that is so cool I belive ,I belive, you are an insperation to all of us even if some don't belive you. sounds like so much fun. And I can tell you have done your homework on the matter. Also you have very good taste in food, well done, not the steak I hope. lol

Amelie
01-31-2005, 01:48 PM
You have such an amazing story, I hope it is true, it sounds so wonderful.
If you feel uncomfortable with posting a photo, then don't, there is no need for photos. You might even get in trouble at work, taking photos instead of working. I have worked at a club in drag and never thought of taking a photo. Like you, I sometimes have trouble taking photos.
I am curious about your saying: A photo takes a bit of your soul.
I have had this same problem with photos that I am only now getting over. I was living with a very superstitous South American GG. She had this belief, that a bit of your soul dies with each picture. This got to me, to the point I couldn't knowingly take photos of myself. It is only recently that I am able to take photos again. There is about a 15 year gap in my life with no photos.
Where did you hear about this superstition? I didn't know it was widely known.
If you want, you can Pm me with your views on this superstition, I am very curious.
Amelie

Rachel Elizabeth
01-31-2005, 03:12 PM
I actually stumbled across the suggestion that each time a photo is taken it takes a bit of your soul in research which I was doing. I discovered that it is known more widely than I expected.

My family thinks that I am eccentric but I always avoid photographs as best I can.
I do not carry photographs of any of my family. I know what they look like in my mind.
I would rather remember them mentally and visualize them than to look at a cold picture.

Sorry to have gone so somber on you but it is one of those things.

It is somewhat amazing as I meander down my life path that I feel no concern with sharing my feelings as a "woman" but I keep my feelings in a fortress when I am "male."

The next time I visit my sister, I will see if she will take a photograph.

Regarding my steak, no - it was not well done but is was extraordinarily prepared.
[Pink, not bloody.]

Sharon
01-31-2005, 04:01 PM
ahbullshitchoo!

viviane
01-31-2005, 04:04 PM
I bet you look great doing it.
Viviane

Rachel Elizabeth
02-01-2005, 10:39 AM
ahbullshitchoo!

Take care of your cold.

Sharon
02-01-2005, 10:51 AM
sniffle..., thank you! :)

celeste26
02-01-2005, 11:47 AM
George Bernard Shaw wrote "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world, the unreasonable man persists in trying to afapt the world to himself, therefore all progress depends upon unreasonable men" (and although GBS would not say it, also women)

Jennifer in CO
02-03-2005, 12:15 AM
ok girls, it CAN happen and it should to you too.
About 12-13 years ago, I was working a job where there were 2 GG's and 2 field salesmen. It was mostly clerical but I did in house review work of the field sales files. I had the wife out of town for 4 days and the kids at the grand parents. It was a friday before the 4th of July and both GG's were on vacation and sales guys were out. So I got "brave" and wore an off-white silk tank (with sheer cover), off white linen slacks, similar 2.5" pumps with matching lingerie (teddy with stockings). It was a great day. At around noon I went to a local drive thru for a sandwich and drink. At around 3 I was getting ready to call it a day when one of the salesmen came flying thru the door. My desk is out of site of the door but only by a few seconds. To get to the sales offices you walk right by my desk - a large open area. I was standing in front of a filing cabinet when the guy blew threw. I nearly left a load right there. Ok the tank and slacks would be questionable, but the heels would be a dead give-a-way..and my purse and sheer cover-up on the back of my chair were plain site as well. John just went from point a to point b -- talking the whole time about some ball game that was going bad or something...into his office and slams the door. Not knowing how long he would be there, I was trying to calculate a trip to the bath room (for a long sit) or just grab my purse and get. The latter was not an option as I had about 30 minutes of work to finish so I just sat at my desk, kicked my shoes under the desk and waited (stupid realy...wearing shear white stockings..). He comes out about 10 minutes later, walks by ( I have a mirror on my wall) says have a good weekend and leaves...never really looking my way. I sat probably for about another 10 just settling the nerves, finished the file I was on and went home. Was it fun?..oh yeah. Did I do it again?....yup..about 3 months later..came in at around 6 one night in a black knee-length dress for about 2 hours. 6 months later I started working from home...and we know the dress code there...

Jenn