PDA

View Full Version : New Year predictions

cutechloe
01-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Okay I haven't seen my parents in over a year but will probably visit them in the next month or so. So I thought I'd make a posting to just guess at the silly things my mother will say when she sees me next. Bearing in mind that my hair is now down to my collar (I used to buzzcut it), I've lost a bunch of weight and I keep my arms and legs shaved:

1: Oh, so you decided to grow your hair then?

2: Can I cut it off?

3: You look like a girl

4: You're not going to drop a bombshell on us are you?

5: You're not gay are you?

6: Well what does [insert my fiancees name] think?, what's wrong with her?

7: You're not anorexic are you? Don't you eat or what?

8: I think you've gone a little 'funny'

Just some of the stupid things that she is destined to say. I bet she'll come up with some weirder than these. Oh well, its comments like these that make me not want to visit home ever again. My sister on the other hand will just probably come out with some wildly uncreative yet greatly patronizing advice like "why don't you get a haircut and let your arm hair grow... it's better!".
Yeah thanks... not. My father is likely to not say a word until right at the end, then he'll produce some wisdom that will be too mindless to even put down here.

I don't know what to do with them.

Chloe
========

amanda barber
01-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Okay I haven't seen my parents in over a year but will probably visit them in the next month or so. So I thought I'd make a posting to just guess at the silly things my mother will say when she sees me next. Bearing in mind that my hair is now down to my collar (I used to buzzcut it), I've lost a bunch of weight and I keep my arms and legs shaved:

My father is likely to not say a word until right at the end, then he'll produce some wisdom that will be too mindless to even put down here.

Chloe
========

It's probably best to just grin and bear it, "Hi mom, Hi dad, love you both, yeah hair cuts are expensive" type stuff (might be worth $20 in your pocket for a haircut that you can use for nail polish) :happy:

Or,if you think it will go badly no matter what, just go with it:

"Yeah, it grows slower than nails so I started there 1st."

"Only if you buy me a Marylin Monroe wig."

"Thanks Mom." :hugs:

"I AM the bombshell"

good luck.

Kieron Andrew
01-12-2007, 11:07 AM

ahhh but what will your answers be?

susie evans
01-12-2007, 12:29 PM
just grin and bear it it's only a short visit any way and after all they are your parents and they do love you so enjoy the moment

cutechloe
01-12-2007, 04:08 PM
I like your answers Amanda. If I could make a quick exit after saying anything then I might be tempted to play with them. I'm hoping that if I just say "because I felt like it" or "I like this much better" then nothing more will be said. Well I can dream I guess.

Course my other option is to do something that will distract from that totally. I don't know what though.

Chloe.

Christina Nicole
01-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Grow up and have some respect for your parent who, it seems, wasted the best years of their lives raising you.

Regards,
Christina Nicole

Penny
01-12-2007, 10:10 PM

Just some of the stupid things that she is destined to say. I bet she'll come up with some weirder than these. Oh well, its comments like these that make me not want to visit home ever again. My sister on the other hand will just probably come out with some wildly uncreative yet greatly patronizing advice like "why don't you get a haircut and let your arm hair grow... it's better!".
Yeah thanks... not. My father is likely to not say a word until right at the end, then he'll produce some wisdom that will be too mindless to even put down here.

Chloe
========
Hi Chloe, sometime stupid questions and comments justify stupid replies.
How about some of these:

1. No mom, it grew by itself.

2. Why, do you see lice?

3. You too!

4. Well, I was waiting to tell you but mom I'm pregnant.

5. No but I am ambidextious

6. Nothing, she just likes to have sex with me, I'd say that's pretty normal.

7. No, but groceries are expensive. I'll fly if you'll buy!

8. Must be reading too many comic books.

On a more serious note, the reason you are feeling apprehensive is because
you don't want to explain yourself. No one really likes explaining themself.
The best way to not have to explain yourself is to go on the offensive and
make the other person explain themself. After someone poses a question
phrases like "such as, in what way, how do you mean or and?" cause the person to explain why the asked the question. If you continually do that,
they will run out of things to say and then your respose can be " ok then"
and the amazing thing is you never did have to justify yourself.
At any rate, good luck with your visit and I hope you enjoy your parents
Most parents mean well.

:hugs:

Penny

cutechloe
01-13-2007, 12:52 AM
Grow up and have some respect for your parent who, it seems, wasted the best years of their lives raising you.

Regards,
Christina Nicole

Where the heck did that come from? Did you wake up in a bad mood? When did I say that I didn't respect my parents? I'm a little annoyed about the constant questioning about my choices... and to you that apparently equates to my parents having appently wasted their best years in raising me... hmmm.

Well you seem like a nice non-judgemental person at least! Nice to meet you Christina!!!

Angie G
01-13-2007, 01:24 AM
They are your parents so just love them :hugs:
Angie