PDA

View Full Version : A Question About Thi-Highs

Ashley1
01-12-2007, 11:54 AM
I love the look and practicality of thigh-high stockings especially the ones with the high lacey tops that look so sexy. Thigh-highs are perhaps the most practical of women's stockings because they are easy on and off and in the rest room plus they are available in most stores. However, I have a problem with them because they will not stay up on my thigh and tend to slide all of the way down my leg. Recently I have lost weight which makes this problem worse. My thigh at the thigh-high line now measures 20 inches around, but I have always had this problem with thigh-highs even when I weighed twenty eight more pounds than I do right now. I would like very much to be able to wear this sexy and practical type of hosiery, but I don't seem to fit them.

My question is: Do any of you know of a source that offers a thigh-high product for thin legs or a sensible way to make the stocking stay up during normal day time activities. I have heard of using spirit gum and tried using elastic bands, but nothing that I have tried has worked. I would appreciate any suggestions that you GG's or CD's might be able to offer.:hugs:
Ashley1

mellisa's wife
01-12-2007, 11:59 AM
try garters!:D

Cyndie
01-12-2007, 12:08 PM
I have noticed that when they are new, they stay up OK, but after wearing a couple of times they will start to slip. They just don't last as long as panty hose or stockings for me.

TTFN :hugs:
Cyndie

BeckyAnderson
01-12-2007, 12:09 PM
JC Penney's offers thigh high's which have a silicone band on the inside around the top (2 pair for $10). When you buy any thigh high make sure you are buying the correct size for yur height. If you are tall and you buy regular (or even tall) they will slip down most times (depends on the manufacturer). I'm 6'-0 and I buy Queen size (enen though their size chart says I should be using Talls) and they always stay up. BTW, my leg circumference is probably not to far from yours and I don't have a problem with the right sized thigh high.

Hope this helps.

Hugs,
Becky

carla smith
01-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Hi Ashley,

I agree garters will work.

Another thing is to make sure you have the correct size. Go to the next size larger or longer and see if they will stay up better. I have noticed that after wearing a number of times the elastic seems to relax a bit, then I will either toss them or wear garters.

Try the ones at Wally World, they are cheaper than most but not very sheer which is a plus if you don't like shaving. They are 1 size but have lots of streach and seem to stay put and wear a long time...until they will not stay up anymore....:sad:

Have fun out there!:happy:

Andrea Nicole
01-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Hi,
Make sure there is nor hair in the area of the silicone gripper. ie, shave your legs ....
Huggs,
Andi.

AprilMae
01-12-2007, 03:30 PM
I find Hanes Silk Reflections stay up well. Shaving does help, at least the thigh area where the elastic sits.

Phyliss
01-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I find Hanes Silk Reflections stay up well. Shaving does help, at least the thigh area where the elastic sits.

When it comes to thigh high stockings those are the only kind I wear. I'm 5'9" and weigh 180, haven't had a problem with them, I buy the size EF and although they go all the way up my leg to the top, I find that they stya up all day.
A few pair I've tried that sorta stop about midthigh just don't have the same kinda of staying power.

Karren H
01-12-2007, 03:58 PM
I have the same problem and the lacy ones seem to be the worst for staying up... But I have found that Walgreens drug stores carry their own brand of thigh highs and they are very affordable at two for $5.00 but they are not fancy.. Good for everyday wear and they stay up really well!!

Karren

ShannonDragon
01-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Duct Tape, the universal solution. Last longer than masking tape and help remove leg hairs.:D

:tongueout

CDBarbie
01-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Thigh High's are all I wear also. I love the look and feel. I can even wear them to work at the mine. They never give me a problem. Wallmart is my favorite supplier. The Lace is wide and sexy. Shaving is always a plus but the main thing is the be sure your thighs are clean. No powder or lotion. Especially powder.

angie^
01-12-2007, 08:46 PM
How about a nail gun ?

No seriously, I had shaven my legs, and bought a new pair of stay ups, while wifey was away, and I wore them for four days non stop, and they never fell down once !

Angie^ xxx

Sedona
01-12-2007, 08:53 PM
I agree with Andrea Nicole here, shave those legs (if you can), as the grippers will stick much better.

Also, you'll find what you're looking for on the stockingirl site (google stockingirl and it'll be the top link) The prices are a little (well, often a lot more), but you can find good sales if you dig through the homepage.

I think they are the best in the business, sell many sizes, and have great customer service. I've phoned them a few times for sizing tips, and they've had no problem with a male's voice.

Andrea Nicole
01-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Hi,
Sedona, just to add one thing. I found the "better" quality thi-hi's last quite a bit longer as far as the grip aspect. I never wear just the plain band type, only the lace top styles.
Huggs,
Andi..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/AndiNic/a010.jpg

ArleneRaquel
01-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Andrea Nicole is very much a woman ! :love: & :hugs: Trina

BobbieCD1944
01-12-2007, 09:43 PM
I've been wearing Leggs Everyday queen size Thigh Highs for years. 3 pair for about $5.00 USD.

Andrea Nicole
01-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Katrina..
Thanks sis ....
I wish I was..... just too old for it now...
Huggs,
Andi...

Tara Michele
01-13-2007, 12:04 AM
As others have said ... shave!
I have found that even short hair is enough to allow thi-highs to slip, regardless how much gripper is on the top. But on freshly shaved legs, oh they stay up for days.

Gretchen
01-13-2007, 12:14 AM
I will second what has already been said about the durability and quality of Hanes Silk Reflections Thigh highs. Hanes stockings seem to have better and stronger "grippers" at the top and I buy one size larger than their charts suggest. They have stayed up beautifully.
Also, as has already been mentioned, the JCPenney Sheer Caress thigh highs seem to work very well also.
Gretchen

kerrianna
01-13-2007, 03:34 AM
Geez I love this site! I learn so much, even to questions I haven't thought of asking yet but could have. Now I know - I've had the same problem. Thanks. :thumbsup:

sterling12
01-13-2007, 04:06 AM
When I wear Thi-highs, (i.e. I have on a very short skirt and garters would show), I find that length is the critical factor.

If your Thi-High is TOO SHORT, and hits mid thigh, just always seem to want to fall. Get them up higher almost touching your behind and they seem to grip much better. Also, you get the added bonus when they are very high.....it feels great!

Peace and Love, joanie

InHerShoes
01-13-2007, 07:08 AM
I agree with that - you want a larger size because they aren't long enough and are being pulled down.

misspatty
01-13-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have the same problem. The best solution for me is a garter belt. I happen to love them so it is not a problem for me. There are styles from sexy to utilitarian. I have a few and they solve the problem for me.

Hugs
Patty