PDA

View Full Version : How to get smell off dry clean clothes?

Jesse69
01-12-2007, 08:14 PM
When I was in KY I shopped a lot in drag wearing my favorite Amanda Smith dress suit. Wore it one day and it got hot and I sweated a lot making it smell. Well, I now paid $12 to have it dry cleaned in Chicago and they didn't get the smell out! I returned it today for a second cleaning telling them to focus on removing the armpit smell (they guarantee their cleaning). Well, a dry cleaner in Bowling Green said they can remove the smell, but my Chicago one said it can't be removed by dry cleaning. They then said you have to wash it with soap in the laundry, but then your clothes might shrink or bleed their color.

Does anyone have a good solution to removing the smell?

Maria2004
01-12-2007, 08:45 PM
febreze maybe?

KimberlyS
01-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Jesse, you can try to use Fabreeze or one of the other sprays that help to refresh fabrics. Just make sure to read the label and do a test spot.

KimberlyS-CD

Chloe Renee
01-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Learned this from a costumer.. Vodka half for you the other half in a spray bottle. Apply lightly and allow to air dry. I've used it on hand sewn costumes, gowns and even hockey gear. Rubbing alcohol works also but has greater chance of damaging some fabrics. Now if you'll excuse me I have to clean some costumes he he.

Maria2004
01-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Learned this from a costumer.. Vodka half for you the other half in a spray bottle.

Oh, cool, I'll have to give that a try. Does have to be "half in a spray bottle", could it be more like a forth or an eigth? Assuming I bought a really big bottle of Vodka of course. :happy: