PDA

View Full Version : Rich Girl, Poor Girl?

windycissy
01-26-2005, 12:42 AM
Let's face it, recreational crossdressing is an expensive "hobby" - girls clothes are expensive enough, not to mention the cost of a good wig, but when you have to dress for "two" things really add up. How do we manage?

Holly
01-26-2005, 12:46 AM
Let's face it, recreational crossdressing is an expensive "hobby" - girls clothes are expensive enough, not to mention the cost of a good wig, but when you have to dress for "two" things really add up. How do we manage?
Expensive? Sure, but we're worth it! :D

nicki
01-26-2005, 02:13 AM
Where there is a will,,,There is a way !

Sweet Susan
01-26-2005, 02:28 AM
Being a smart shopper is always a good plan.

christine55
01-26-2005, 02:38 AM
Because I buy almost all of my clothes at thrift stores I seem to spend bunches on make up and hosiery. Always looking for an excuse to go to the store, what better reason than for a new shad of polish or some new panty hose on sale.
Hugs, Christine

Helana
01-26-2005, 04:32 AM
A simple answer in my case

I never buy male clothes anymore! Just about everything in my male wardrobe were gifts to me from existing and past girlfriends and others. About the only thing I buy myself are male shoes.

So I am only spending on my female wardrobe and now that it is so extensive I have cut back on that. Now I spend in increasing my girlfriend's wardrobe since I have got a much better sense of style than she has. :D

Adnama
01-26-2005, 04:44 AM
I just hunt around and try to find things that are on sale or that are discounted. Don't buy too many male clothes.

LindaTS
01-26-2005, 08:07 AM
I just don't buy male clothes anymore. That seems to solve the problem. And thinking about it now, I have very few male things these days. Not even male jeans or sneakers. A few t-shirts and socks is about it.

Wendy me
01-26-2005, 08:16 AM
Expensive? Sure, but we're worth it! :D

got that right.............i got a kinda well ....like hobby....well mabey is more
of well like a it's well ............ok i am i exicive complisive over opesivtve (spelling) shopper..........there i said it ...........ok i can not stop shopping
the stores call me i go ...........i spend just way too mutch on shopping
or mabey not enough.............how do i do it ????????????wendy has all "his"
bank pappers and c' cards..................let "him" pay for the shopping

some ways to helpe your slefe with shopping bills could be get her a pre set cards.........only spend what is on them............buy her gift cards at the stores she likes to shop..............

yes we are worth it ;)

racheal
01-26-2005, 08:48 AM
This is more than a hobby to me. Yes, it is indeed expensive. I try to budget each month and set some money aside for 'Girl fun' each month. :)

Kate_Uhler
01-26-2005, 09:10 AM
well.. you set priorities, so....

I don't eat..

which means then my clothes don't fit

which means then I can get new stuff

rinse and repeat.... till size 4

or

nothing is more the 10$ ( guideline only ) hahahhaha..

closeouts ( www.classiccloseouts.com, www.overstock.com )

clearances

flea markets &

thrift stores

Georgette
01-26-2005, 10:25 AM
It used to be a problem when I was in the Milatary, on how much to spend on clothes. That was the last thing budgeted for and my wife never seemed to have enough of the latest style, so after the service and I went to work at 40/5 day job, that was a joke it was more lik a 56/7 I decided that my milateyr budgeting would still prevail for a few years until I could control my own income it did happen that I was able to start my own bussiness and that was almost a mistake until I applied for special FAA certification and recieved it, from then on we threw out the budget, and we saw weliked we bought.
So to some it all up I don't think about price I and my SO look see like BUY.
I'm not bragging but 23 years of almost poverty in the service, yes that is poverty income it just is great to spend whatever I want to and not worry about it.
I give my broker a little headache at times when I want to upgrade my transportation but he knows me well enough, that I can do.
That's my $2.00 worth. :rolleyes:

Tristen Cox
01-26-2005, 11:18 AM
well.. you set priorities, so....

I don't eat..

which means then my clothes don't fit

which means then I can get new stuff

rinse and repeat.... till size 4!!!!!!!

Geeesh I though 6 was small enough. I'm going on a diet. I bought all the cheap stuff first, steadily climbing into the expensive stuff now. definitly worth the investment.

Love
Tristen

windycissy
01-26-2005, 01:19 PM
That's what I love about this site, I'm always picking up great tips - never thought of getting myself a gift card to use en femme, what a great idea.

As for me, I love to shop for things on sale, and I have put together a pretty good wardrobe on the cheap. Some things you can't scrimp on: a decent wig is a must (I got mine on sale at Macy's in New York a few years ago, it has held up well) and, if you live in Chicago, a good coat! I get my shoes at Payless (great selection in large, wide sizes at $10 a pair) and I like Cover Girl makeup, which is relatively inexpensive. Stores like Marshalls and Filenes are great for lingierie and pantyhose on sale (Hanes Silk Reflections are my favorite, they are pricey so I only buy them on sale) and the big department stores are always having clearance sales on skirts and dresses. I've gotten some amazing buys at stores like Ann Tayor Loft and Talbot's on Michigan Avenue - their periodic sales are great - and outlet malls like Gurnee Mills are the best. Gap makes fantastic tops, but I never buy them unless they are on sale.

When you think about it, there are millions of cute girls out there getting by on worker bee salaries, and I'll bet they use the same techniques. It makes shopping an adventure! Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

Janet K.
01-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Most of the clothes that I have are either from Goodwill or WalMart, shoes are the same. Makeup and accessories from WalMart, Target, and Walgreens. Shopping at these places, I only allow myself a budget of maybe $20 a paycheck (every two weeks) for my girlie stuff--sometimes I go a little overboard if I see a pair of shoes or an outfit that I can't do without but not too far overboard. I only buy guy clothes whenever it is absolutely necessary, like when I need new jeans or shirts for work, or my socks and underwear are turning religious on me (you know---holy), but for the most part the clothes I buy are girly clothes.

Wendy me
01-26-2005, 03:17 PM
charge them on tristens card...........................................