PDA

View Full Version : Wouldya?

Donna Marie
01-13-2007, 10:00 AM
So I'm sitting here at my computer - wig on - forms in - lipgloss, but no makeup - big hoop earrings - light pink nail polish - red turtleneck with a very femme multi-color blouse unbuttoned over it - femme jeans - little round-toe 3" black wedgies. Very casual all in all.

Right beyond me is my little back porch. It's enclosed in an ell so only two sides are open and they are highly visible to the neighbors in a townhome development next door and to anyone walking our little trail behind me.

It turned out to be a warm (60F is warm for January here) sunny morning and my little sheltie is out there basking in the sunshine. If I were in drab I would certainly be out there with her enjoying the morning with my coffee. But here I sit inside writing this stupid letter!!! Oh, grrrr - I am SOOO in the closet!!! And I am SOOO tempted to go out there "just as I am" (as that grand hymn goes) and enjoy life. But I just don't want to face the neighbors en femme, and I hardly know them. Wouldya??

lauraabdl
01-13-2007, 10:08 AM
girl with your looks happening in the picture I would diffentely go out and enjoy the neighbor dont know you so whats stopping you. they will think a lovely woman is enjoying the morning.

Karren H
01-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Dahhhh!!! You spent more time debating it than you should have!! You could have been halfway downtown by now!! Hehehe

Love Karren

lowlavalentine
01-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Most certainly. You sound dressed for the occasion and what would be more natural than a nicely dressed woman enjoying a particularly warm NC day. Try it - you'll like it.

crossing-the-rain
01-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Remember ! Enjoy yourself whatever you feel comfortable,in or out is your own choice.Let it be you !
Rain.

suzy
01-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Donna Marie,

I can understand your reluctance....but what the heck.....go for it... You will have to cross that bridge sometime.... It's the perfect time... My guess is that you'll go out , enjoy yourself and nothing will change, except you'll feel better about yourself for doing it.... go on... you know that you want to... Do it. I would.:D

Donna Marie
01-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks ladies for the kind words and advice. Well, I sorta chickened out as you might have guessed. I popped out the forms, changed to a warmer denim top, offed the wig, and went out. I did still have the wedgies on, but the railing pretty much hid 'em. However, at just about that time the clouds rolled in and it wasn't nearly as nice, so I only stayed long enough to finish my coffee. Oh well.

Tracy_Victoria
01-13-2007, 12:10 PM
there an old Saying "Never S*** on your doorstep! Your'll only walk it back in the house". As much as it lovely to be dressed and probably like most of us you feel alive with the wind in your hair, unless you want the people around you to know it best not to take even the smallest of risks or chances. you can never turn the clock back!

IMHO it's so easy to get out and change, that to me walking out the door dressed is really not worth the risk now. ie its so easy to part dress throw on some baggies, and then find a quiet place to finish you can do a full make over and wear sunglasses, leaving just the lips to do, (ie in the day or at night, you can make it look like there is nothing out of place from a distance.

I've perfected this over the years so much (as I presume people like Karren and other have) that it takes just a few minutes to change from male to female. this way it cause, me my family, or my friends no embarressment.

susie evans
01-13-2007, 12:27 PM
OHmy gosh girl time is wasteing you should be out pounding the pavement shopping are enjoying the seanery
are any thing go for it :heehee: :heehee:

susie

TxKimberly
01-13-2007, 12:30 PM
there an old Saying "Never S*** on your doorstep! Your'll only walk it back in the house". As much as it lovely to be dressed and probably like most of us you feel alive with the wind in your hair, unless you want the people around you to know it best not to take even the smallest of risks or chances. you can never turn the clock back!

IMHO it's so easy to get out and change, that to me walking out the door dressed is really not worth the risk now. ie its so easy to part dress throw on some baggies, and then find a quiet place to finish you can do a full make over and wear sunglasses, leaving just the lips to do, (ie in the day or at night, you can make it look like there is nothing out of place from a distance.

I've perfected this over the years so much (as I presume people like Karren and other have) that it takes just a few minutes to change from male to female. this way it cause, me my family, or my friends no embarressment.
Much as I HATE to say it, I'm with Tracy on this one. Once the cat is out the bag, there is nothing you can do to put it back.
Kim

Wendy me
01-13-2007, 12:52 PM
ok i do the outside in the yard a lot , been busted a bunch of times ... yes go enjoy the outside ....

Kate Simmons
01-13-2007, 01:27 PM
That's okay Donna Marie, there is always next time. You know when you are ready and no one else. I repect you either way, my friend.:love: Ericka

Angie G
01-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Go for it hun get out there you know you want to :hugs:
Angie

Amanda Jane
01-13-2007, 02:15 PM
I work on a laptop and prefer to work outside / been cold of late but still do it

Kristen Kelly
01-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Although I don't flaunt it I go out in the daylight and to be seen out in the neighborhood is not a rare thing, just be yourself and if anyone were to ask be yourself and remember what you say the first time will probably be all over the neighborhood, so choose what you say well. My neighbor’s daughter thinks its cool.

Sam-antha
01-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Tracy says, Karren too... go on, that is what it is all about.
~Samm

Penny
01-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Donna, The next time this happens, just sing this little song "lets give um
somthing to talk about". Think of it this way, no one who passes by pays the morgage or rent. Not one of those people buys your groceries or pays your bills. So no one has a right to deside how you live your life.
Once you get out of the mindset that allows other people dictate how you live by virtue of what they will think, there will be a weight lifted off like you wouldn't believe.
I live on a cultasack and at the end to boot. I gaurantee you, every one of my neighbors has seen dressed since I have to pass all the houses to get to the main street. One time, I forgot to pay the utility bill and they shut my gas off. I did the same thing they did when they shut it off, I went out the front door and around to the side of the house with my trusty wrench and turned it back on. Don't quote me on this but I think I was a redhead at the time. Two different neighbors were out at the time. I'm forever getting the mail from the centralized mail boxes at the corner of my yard and more often that not, I run the trash to the curb and pick it up, all enfem.
Here is my phylosophy. "If you don't like the way I look, don't look.
To date, not one of my neighbors has said anything to me, asked me to move or volunteered to buy my house.
LIFE GOES ON!

:hugs:

Penny

PS. Sometimes I do wonder if my neighbors get as much of a charge out of watching me as I do out of being me

kerrianna
01-13-2007, 03:45 PM
What you do in your yard is your thing. But you would have to live with the neighbours reactions, which you can't control. It's different going out amongst people you might never see again. You live day to day beside these people.

But it IS your yard and they might just think "oh, there's our neighbour out in drag again...damn that looks like fun!" :heehee:

All I can say from where I am is BRRRRRR (in the middle of a cold spell)! Honey if it's nice there join the dog! Get out in that sun and enjoy it. You got it good.

Maybe do it the way you are, a bit at a time. The day you go out totally en femme you'll know you're ready because it will start with the words, "F*** it! I'm doing this!" or something like that :heehee:

serinalynn
01-13-2007, 04:12 PM
So I'm sitting here at my computer - wig on - forms in - lipgloss, but no makeup - big hoop earrings - light pink nail polish - red turtleneck with a very femme multi-color blouse unbuttoned over it - femme jeans - little round-toe 3" black wedgies. Very casual all in all.

Right beyond me is my little back porch. It's enclosed in an ell so only two sides are open and they are highly visible to the neighbors in a townhome development next door and to anyone walking our little trail behind me.

It turned out to be a warm (60F is warm for January here) sunny morning and my little sheltie is out there basking in the sunshine. If I were in drab I would certainly be out there with her enjoying the morning with my coffee. But here I sit inside writing this stupid letter!!! Oh, grrrr - I am SOOO in the closet!!! And I am SOOO tempted to go out there "just as I am" (as that grand hymn goes) and enjoy life. But I just don't want to face the neighbors en femme, and I hardly know them. Wouldya??

I went out shopping today wearing a ladies low neckline sweater, a cami, a pair of ladies pants with only front pockets, matching bra and panty, garter belt and stockings and soft sole shoes. No make up and no lipstick and I only combed my long shoulder length blonde hair. I also wore a ladies coat and had a great time shopping. I bought two bras and some panties had lunch at a local restaurant and then came home.

Wearing womens clothes out doesn't take balls to do , It just takes doing it. Not one person has ever said anything to me about what I wear. or why I wear womens clothing. I believe most people are to wrapped up in their own affairs to worry about you. Having spent a lot of time on saturdays shopping in my area very seldom do you see a lady shopper in a skirt or a dress. Most are wearing pants and very casual tops.

suchacutie
01-13-2007, 07:05 PM
When playing chess, those who look at only the options in front of them invariably lose badly to those who look ahead, seeing the possible consequences of their actions. Much of what we do in life is the same. Once you have looked at all the possible consequences, only you can decide whether it is positive for you to venture outside en femme in your own neighborhood/yard (vs. venturing out in someone else's backyard in anonymity). Once you have mentally put yourself in the position of having done it and been observed, you will know what you wish to do.

:2c:

tina

lloydwalker
01-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Its hard to come out. If I had a woman to incourage me and defend her man/woman and we can go shoping togeather.send reply to walker0014@sbcglobal.net

lori m crawford
01-13-2007, 07:43 PM
you go girl the turn my water off so i tern it back on do what you got to do just a cd pont of vue