PDA

View Full Version : Denae Doyle and feminine body language training

lowlavalentine
01-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Have any of you had the opportunity to see the training cds by Denae Doyle? She has a series in which she trains feminine movement, posture and mannerisms. I have found it fascinating and very practical. So much of our body language is automatic and not very feminine. The clothes are just a part of it - how you act and move once you have the clothes on is perhaps even more important to a complete feminine experience. For those of you that are interested this is Denae's website:
http://www.femimage.com/

Ashley1
01-13-2007, 11:15 AM
I think that this post by Lowla is a must read by all CDs. As a closet dresser for many years, I thought that I looked pretty good and could pass as a woman. The still pictures that I took of myself seemed to confirm my opinion. However, I was totally shocked the first time that I saw myself in a film because of the obvious male movements. Just the way that I walk screamed this is a man. I had never visited the website included in Lowla's post until I saw it there, but I shall encourage all CDs to check out the website because there is a lot of good free information there.

Ashley

suzy
01-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks Lowlavalentine,

While the training is probably very useful, I think it is a bit high priced....I don't know if there are other similar programs or not, but as far as me, I'll try by studying the movements of GG's first..... There is a lot of free information on the subject available on the various web sites.:D

Amanda Jane
01-13-2007, 12:52 PM
she is very highly thought of in the SF TG community / the cds might seem expensive, but i gather her lessons are even more / but many swear by her

Kate Simmons
01-13-2007, 01:19 PM
I saw one of the videos on walking once when I was still in my TG support group. I kinda didn't see the point to consciously put forth an effort to mimic a woman in this way. I have to look at what my goal and purpose is really, especially when it comes to going out in public and interfacing with "normal" people. I see no reason really to pull off some kind of "ruse" that I am a woman when clearly I am not. That's just me though, I prefer being honest(with myself mostly). I can see that other folks would find value in something like this for confidence if nothing else. I don't walk around like a linebacker as Ericka but I don't walk in any particular way either. I've never been accused of not acting "feminine" in that respect by anyone really. The same is true in respect to mannerisms, I just try to act like myself and everyone seems to respect that. Like I said I'm not "knocking" this stuff and I have no problem if others are interested in it. It's just that I have my own style as presenting myself as Ericka and stick with that. Just a lot easier for me to be myself, that's all.:happy:

Christina Nicole
01-13-2007, 03:29 PM
I've met Denae at Carla's a few years ago. I also spoke with her a few months ago. She expensive, but she does teach what she says she will. I disagree with her only on minor points.

As a non-transitioning TS, passing as a woman, not a sissy or a guy in a dress is important to me. So for me, her training is worth experiencing.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Karren H
01-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Looks pricey!!! I think I'll just keep making my own videos..... lol Not very instructional but cheap and fun!!!! hehe

Love Karren

Sally24
01-21-2007, 05:53 PM
I bought her first CD a couple of years ago and it helped me get the basics of "the walk". You can pick it up yourself from observation but there is nothing better than some instruction to cut down the learning curve. My test after practicing 2 hours a day for over a week was this:

When you think you've got a feminine walk down pat, put a mirror on the floor so you can only see yourself from the waist down, put on male pants and do your walk. If it looks female, even with the male clothing, then you're getting close. I still have much work to do to get a nice smooth walk, but I definitely don't move like a man in a dress anymore!

Sally

Marlena Dahlstrom
01-21-2007, 09:50 PM
The DVDs are a bit pricy for what you get, but the information is quite good. So if you're thinking about getting them, it's worth buying the bundle to get the discounted price. (Plus, they're definitely less expensive than her personal coaching, which I'm told is well worth the money.)

Just keep in mind it's a very "femme" version of feminine movement. (Doyle's main business is coaching beauty pagent contestents.) But it's similar to voice training -- a bit of exaggeration makes it easier understand and you can always dial it back once you've mastered it.

Amy Hepker
01-21-2007, 09:58 PM
That's Great Lowla, I'll have to check into it further when I get the chance.

Gunda
01-22-2007, 12:59 AM
I've seen some of the Danae Doyle tutorials when I met a member of this forum a year or so back. Doyle seems to work from the premise that every MTF crossdresser at first walks like Sasquatch which I don't think is true. When dressed I still walk like the young man I am and I don't think it is a total give away. Sure I don't naturally glide around but neither do I clod hop.....I just walk. Just remember to soften my natural male movements somewhat when dressed and leave it at that. You don't always see genetic females moving, sitting, or standing the way the program instructs either.

Best,
Gunda