PDA

View Full Version : A little about me!!

Gail Stauffer
01-13-2007, 10:02 AM
well let me see here, I'm not sure what made me start dressing, it all just seemd to happen, but wa hard to find time growing up. was something I never understood why I did it I just liked it. but over time I hve started to notice how I feel inside when I do, I feel better about myself, for some reason, it just feels right to me. I can't really describe the feeling any better, I feel prettier too of course. and like alot of others out there I have parents who although I don't live with anymore have never understood or approved of my dressing. They do ask now and then why I do, but I have held back from trying to talk about it as like many others I feel scared, or ashamed, but yet at the same time it is who I am, and know I shouldn't be.

That is what I have been thinking a bit about recently as I often think about how nice it would be to try going full time. I will have to tell my parents as they would be concerned for me as any parent would. outside of being a girl at the moment I like to watch sports and keep up with world events on the news... like to read now and then. like to drive around now and then as well. I like movies as well can't list all the ones I like as there are several. and of course being the girl I am of course. and as you can tell in the pictures I post I'm more conservative, and may dress in clothes that might suit an older woman, but I like them, and have looked at things that would look more age appropriate but haven't liked the color or style, or they don't have anything in the size I need. I'm not sure if any of you have that problem. I hope to try to go see a Psychologist as it is the closest thing to a gender therapist we have here unfortunately, and see where that leads, and if I can tell my parents, I would like to see about trying hormones as well we will see... it is a major decision I know, I fell like I understand the risks and consequences though, and am willing to accept them, so I can hopefully become more the girl that I feel I am.

suanne
01-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Thank you for sharing your story. Acceptance is what most of us desire. You are young and in a period of time that accepts our life style more and more.

Best wishes, Suanne

Wendy me
01-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Gail veary cool thanks for telling a bit abought you ...

JenniferR771
01-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Psychologist? Not sure if that is a good idea. Some of them are clueless in the gender department. Be sure to get in touch with an online gender therapist at the same time. Maybe Dr. Anne Vitale would be a start.

Tracy Lynn
01-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Nice to hear a little about you Gail. Good luck on you journey. I always enjoy your pics.

Donna Marie
01-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi Gail,

Thanks for sharing your situation. I guess all of us here can relate to how you feel when you are en femme. It's just a matter of degree. To some of us, it is who we need to be 24/7. To others, like me at this point, it is a part time thing that varies in intensity. This morning is one of those times when the intensity meter is at 100 and I want so much to just be out and about. But I have a big hang-up about it being pretty much irreversible - once I out myself, there is no turning back. I'm not at all sure how my neighbors would react, and I guess I care - I'm the president of our homeowners association. Like you, I prefer to dress conservatively - for me, age-appropriate is in fact 70. There's no point in me trying to be otherwise.

I'm also not so sure about seeing just any old shrink. If you catch one that is not tuned into gender issues, you may receive more harm than good. I was lucky to find one that readily accepted my cross dressing, but we were not focusing on that at the time. She helped me a lot with issues regarding my marriage and my self image. My wife and I remain separated after 6 years. She and I are still good friends. We had one long discussion about CDing when I outed myself, and it went OK, but that was the end of that. After that she just chose to ignore it. It's fine by me cuz I get to dress whenever the spirit is in me!!

Alaska is a neat place - we toured there for 3 weeks some years ago and had a grand time. We did the tour mainly on small boats, but we wound up also using the Alaska Railroad, a charter bus, airplanes, and even a riverboat. The small boats got us into places the big cruise ships couldn't go.

Christine Charland
01-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Just thought I would make a comment about parent's. I am blessed to have a wonderful accepting familly. I have dressed with my Mom several times now. She alway's wanted a girl. This is not the case for many cd's. Sorry your parent's are not able to see what is in your heart instead of what is on your sleeve. I know how important it can be to be accepted by family but there is more to life. Before I go I would like to wish you enough of all your heart desires and enough cute outfits to keep you alway's wondering what to wear.

Hugs, Chrissy

MJ
01-13-2007, 12:06 PM
thank you Gail for sharing with us.. all the best hugs

Angie G
01-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Gail good luck if you go with hormones do it right and go to a doctor :hugs:
Angie

Gail Stauffer
01-13-2007, 08:21 PM
thanks I appreciate all the supposrt here!! will have to see how things go the next time I see my parents I will have to try to tell them and see where things go from there. I certainly think I would be happy to go full time, if I can it is a big decision I know!! and want to make sure it is the right choice for me!! the feeling I get from within is hard to descibe, but this is who I feel I am. but I know telling my parents will be hard but I have to do it if I am gonna do this. and with your support I know I can!! and know I can count on your support!!

Janelle Young
01-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi Gail,

Of course you can count on our support and we will be here for you at all times. Only you will know what is right for you to do as far as going full time. In any event it is nice to see your name on a thread again. I have missed you and I wish you well in this most important decision.

I see you took Tamara's advice.

Stay warm.

Jesse69
01-13-2007, 09:13 PM
I think going FT & hormones is too much. I think SRS is crap and we can never be real women unless we were born one. So I accept my fate as a guy and wouldn't waste money on hormones or SRS.

I would never live in Alaska -- too cold for me! And how is the shopping there? Are there good and big shopping malls there or do you mostly buy your stuff mail order?

You seem to have a very big clothes collection!

Gail Stauffer
01-13-2007, 09:46 PM
well there are a couple places here to find things not amny though you are right about that I do order a bit online!! just hate having to wait for it to get here!! as things can take a week or so to get here!!