PDA

View Full Version : The voice

paris1975
01-13-2007, 02:28 PM
How do you all cover up the obvious masculine voice, that is my biggest worry, I mean looking the part is easy for me, but as soon as i speak its a whole new story!

Marla S
01-13-2007, 02:32 PM
- Learn to talk a bit more feminine (voice training). There are some resources on the i-net (have no link yet, though).
- Don't talk.
- Don't care.

paris1975
01-13-2007, 02:34 PM
I'd love to not care, but my own self wont let it happen in practise, and i would love to train my voice so tha i could transition from fem to mas voices as and when i chose.

Marla S
01-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Try google for some tips and techniques. With the string feminine voice training I got this (http://www.looking-glass.greenend.org.uk/voice.htm) as first link.
Probably some of the other girls have other links.

Well, that caring part ... I think it requires training too.;)

I myself don't care, 'cause I don't pass anyway. I just try to be nice and polite and maybe less loud.

paris1975
01-13-2007, 02:43 PM
thank you soo much, i will try out some of the techniques :)

Karren H
01-13-2007, 04:14 PM
I just speak quieter.... and no one really cares...

Karren

Emma England
01-13-2007, 04:45 PM
There are a few internet links.

But I find them hard to follow. I understand the instructions, but actually doing them? Ha Ha Ha!!

Quiet yes, but not so low that you are mumbling.

I try to imagine caring about the person I am speaking to (as if whispering to a lover).

But having said all this, I do not care too much.

Teresa Amina
01-13-2007, 07:44 PM
in your bra :D Someone wrote once that if they're looking at your hands your boobs aren't big enough; maybe that works for the voice too :D Seriously, my voice bothers me too and I bought the Deep Stealth Productions' Finding your female voice program. Many exercises to follow there, I just need to get practicing! Soft is good but you loose volume, then have to repeat yourself :o

Bethanygirl
01-13-2007, 11:56 PM
When my voice started changing deeper and deeper, I started to play music with female vocalists, and singing along. I kept it up even when talking, you know, sort of sing-songing when I had to say something. I guess people thought it strange, but no one ever said anything, and after a while I found my voice to be the way I wanted it. You might try something like that if you cannot make other techniques work for you...
Good luck!

paris1975
01-14-2007, 02:49 AM
Thanks for all the advise it is really helpful and has given me some great ways to try, hopefully I will find a way that works for me :)

Megan_Girl
01-14-2007, 03:25 AM
I've been struggling with the same question. I found an article titled developing a female voice by Melanie Anne Taylor that is helping me.
She explains it much better than I can.(www.mindspring.com/~karen.anne.taylor/voice.html)
Using this technique help me through a entire afternoon out and no one looked twice.

XXX
Megan