PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new to all this, need advice

Sweetcheeks Marie
01-14-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm a straight male, early 20s, from the UK.

Since I was a teenager I have been crossdressing in private. Most of my clothes were acquired from charity shops by stealth. ;) Sometimes I feel 'wrong' with CDing, throw away all my clothes and makeup, and start again later when I feel like it, six months later, a year perhaps.

This time I want to make a proper go of CDing. I will build up my confidence in the female role. I have decided that CDing is an integral part of who I am, I cannot escape it, it is nothing to be ashamed of! It is nothing I can discard, nor anything I should want to abandon.

So, to start with I need two bits of advice. These are where I am 'starting' and have a few more questions once they are addressed.

Firstly, I have quite dark hair and sensitive skin. I find it very hard to hide the facial hair, even when clean shaven! I think fixing this problem is the most important first port of call in terms of making a feminine appearence.

Secondly, should I create a seperate female persona? A second me? If so, how should a person choose a female name for themselves?

Thank you all. :)

dods460
01-14-2007, 12:49 AM
I know exactly how you feel, I'm also in my early 20's and am just embrassing with the fact that I'm a transvestite. I don't personaly have a female persona just due to the fact that I don't change my personality very much... my gestures get a bit more femmie and I also have a bit of a unisex name.
To cover my stubble, which like yours is black, I have been using heavy foundation, it seems to do the job, you can also try stage type make up.
Welcome to the board and this is a great place, so enjoy

kerrianna
01-14-2007, 01:03 AM
Welcome Animal :welcom:

I can't answer the first ?, being a fair-haired lass myself :heehee: As for the second one that's a personal choice. It depends on how you feel about yourself. I never used a femme name until this past year (I'm 48 and have been dressing casually most of my life). My name was pretty unisex anyway and my femme name is just an extension of it. I like it because it ADDRESSES that side of me - it's more of a focus thing. I'm still the same person, but the femme name is a bit like dressing or putting on make-up. It's a cosmetic change that induces a deeper emotional change. Hope that kinda makes sense. :nerd: lol

Pick a name you've always liked. Or says something about who you are or want to be. If you want to be more romantic pick something that says that to you. If you want to be more dynamic pick that. Or if you want to be more mysterious pick a name that everyone goes 'huh?' with :confused: There's a few here. :heehee:

We'll help you work up the nerve to just buy stuff. :happy:

Sweetcheeks Marie
01-14-2007, 01:12 AM
And DON'T steal anymore from charity shops. It is totally uncool. :nono:I didn't steal (not since I was 13, and I had major guilt for months). ;) By stealth I mean,t, I had to be cunning about it. ;)

Sejd
01-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Hi AC
peculiar name you start out with! but welcome here for sure. For me, I have found that my female name Sejd has become who I truly am when I am most at ease. think about how you will look as a femme and then put a name to it. It worked for me. About the beard? tere are lots of ways to battle that. Most of all, get used to accepting your inner treasure. And think that every time you are a femme, you bring more beauty and wonderful diversity to our world.
hugs
Sejd

lowlavalentine
01-14-2007, 01:49 AM
As far as the beard shadow goes you might look into getting a beard cover - ordinary women's foundation isn't up to that task. The stuff I use is a Ben Nye brand. I buy it from a place that sells theatrical makeup. I apply that first then use a creme foundation over it. Et Voila - perfect skin without a hint of beard shadow. If you don't have access to theatrical makeup houses the cheap way to do this is to shave twice, then apply some moisturizer to your face then take a bit of red lipstick and rub some of it into your beard area - the red in the lipstick balances the bluish color of your beard. Then use your foundation over this and it will work fairly well.

That's it Animal, the sum total of my makeup beard disguising knowledge. Good luck with your new found identity.

Lowla

kerrianna
01-14-2007, 02:33 AM
I didn't steal (not since I was 13, and I had major guilt for months). ;) By stealth I mean,t, I had to be cunning about it. ;)

Sorry. I apologize. :sorry: :love:

AmberTG
01-14-2007, 03:11 AM
A suggestion for names, just go through a lot of different womens names, say them to yourself, say them out loud sometime when you are alone, just a few names here and there, add to the list now and then. A few names will sort of stick in your mind. One of those names will just feel more comfortable to you then the rest, just try it out for a few days and see if it fits you, if not, go back to the list again. That's how I came up with mine, it just fit me better then the rest of the names I came up with, it just sort of "stuck" to me.
Amber

Kate Simmons
01-14-2007, 09:35 AM
I use beard shadow cover from Suddenly Fem which is advertised on the main Forum page I think. As far as names, Amber had a good idea. I wrote name combinations down in a notebook when I did it. I picked the best one for my personality at the time. I've had a couple of name changes since, which reflect who I am at a given time.:happy:

mollytyler
01-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Welcome and enjoy your journey
1) would suggest trying electrolysis to see if that is a remedy for the beardsissue..
2) BECOME the persona if that is your need...I took my name from a favorite Aunt who knew of my TS issues early on and supported most of my decisions...go for a name that you feel comfortable using in public to others.
These future steps take time....eplore and have fun....i would also suggest a little counselling to understanding the issues so you can embrace all that youe seem to wnat form your posting....again ...girlfriend WELCOME