PDA

View Full Version : What was your second or third time out like?

Sally2005
01-14-2007, 02:51 AM
We know the first time is pretty scary for most, what about the second or third time? I'm wondering what makes the fear go away or a least reduces it?

paris1975
01-14-2007, 02:53 AM
go away, lol, for me it is still there everytime i got out, which is like 15-17 years on since my first time!

Brenda Love
01-14-2007, 03:09 AM
My wife and daughter were out of town so I decided to get all dolled up and go outside,not sure where I was going but what the hell here goes!!!.
I got one foot out the door and turned around......maybe next time.:(

Hugs
Brenda

Teresa Amina
01-14-2007, 06:28 AM
First time was great, my head was truly in the clouds that day. The second time was actually a bit disappointing but 3 & 4 were back up in the very good area. Time 5 is coming up.......Ooooh!

Eugenie
01-14-2007, 07:26 AM
I hesitated answering because it was pretty much the "I interacted with someone on the second time" that would have been the most important factor, except that that interaction took place the day before I went out...

So I gave the second reason for making my second going out more agreable than my first one: "I concentrated on fixing something that I felt was incomplete the first time" which was a major enhancement on my look "en femme".

The profound reason, though, was that the day before I spoke to a person I highly value and came out to her. She was very supportive and told me "You're doing no arm to anybody. You look very nice" she said looking at the picture of me "en femme" that I had been showing her.

Given the tremendous respect, near to admiration, I have for that person, her reaction made me feel completely different than before. I now feel free to be who I am. Hence the great pleasure I experienced on my second going out.
:hugs:
Eugenie

MJ
01-14-2007, 07:46 AM
well my second time out was a little better as the same thing happened " nothing at all " so for me i just go out and be me , there were days i got read but all i could do was smile there was no fear, the more i got out there the better i felt about myself. when you can show confidence in yourself then people just don't notice OR i just don't notice the people ...

Lilith Moon
01-14-2007, 08:31 AM
I think that the fear gradually evolves into excitement. My heart would pound and I would still get butterflies in my stomach even when I was going out several times each week. I felt a similar sort of habituation with another hobby of mine...SCUBA. The first few real dives were terrifying but a sense of adventure and excitement replaced the terror after a while.

Eileen
01-14-2007, 11:36 AM
I have to agree with MJ, now when I am out enfem, I really do not pay that much attention to others. If I am shopping, I have my mind on shopping and not worried about others in the store. Same when out in a restaurant. If with someone, my attention is on them and my meal. Now being out is just feels natural!

Eileen

Stephanie Scott
01-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Anxiously awaiting an opportunity for the 2nd time!

The first time was AWESOME -- a little scary but mostly exhilirating and affirming

Joy Carter
01-14-2007, 03:05 PM
First time was great, my head was truly in the clouds that day. The second time was actually a bit disappointing but 3 & 4 were back up in the very good area. Time 5 is coming up.......Ooooh!

Teresa could have been the gurl you were with on 3 & 4+? I promise I won't gab so much this time. And I won't spend as much time getting ready. And..... well ya, I'm a gurl and just can't help it.:heehee:

Karren H
01-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Fear goes to zero as outtings approach infinity!! Plain and simple... The more you go out.. The less you fear assuming you do not have a bad experience... Then it seems that fear is reset to maximum and the process starts all over again.

I don't even remember 2 and 3. Or 5 or 15..... Now adays I'm so comfortable in either gender role, walking out the door enfemme feels just like walking out the door in male mode!! And its all about comfort level and attitude!!

So let us know how 2 and 3 were.... And 10 and 20....

:D

Love Karren

susie evans
01-14-2007, 07:34 PM
i don't remember it was to long ago but it's still fun :heehee: :heehee:

susie

Sally24
01-14-2007, 09:19 PM
For me the second time was better in some ways and less in others. My first was in jeans, second in a light skirt. Now a skirt and nylons is the way to feel feminine! The wind blowing around was just an indescribable feeling of almost being naked in public (both scary and thrilling).

There is always a little bit of fear or concern, but it gets less each time I go out. I'm now going out monthly with a group and it's great!

Sally