PDA

View Full Version : BBC Midlands Today

Ryan
01-14-2007, 07:08 AM
After being on my local BBC radio station on Friday, I had a call from BBC Midlands Today about appearing on the news and am being filmed tomorrow.
I went on the radio to highlight some of the discrimination transexuals have to face, sometimes on a daily basis too. So I am pretty sure the news programme will be about the same thing!

I am abit worried of the repercussions of being on TV, but at the same time, we have to start somewhere dont we? I mean, we get such a bad press, and this wont be, for a change! If it changes only a few opinions then that is good yes? I want people to know we are not freaks or pervs and that we just want to live a happy life and get on. Not suffer the abuses or discrimination we have to live with in the past and even now!

What do some of you think? Obviously I will be talking to the journalist that comes in the morning about how we are going to do this and make sure I feel ok about doing it. Like I said it has to start somewhere doesn't it. Here's hoping things will improve if more people spoke out and changed some of the pig headed views of some small minded people!

raksha GG
01-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Just to say good luck, relax and 'breathe' ;)

CaptLex
01-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Good for you, Ryan! Fight the good fight, man. As you say, if only a few opinions are changed it'll be worth it, and those people can influence others' opinions too. It'll never happen if we keep completely out of sight. Yup, we have to start somewhere. Let us know how it went.

pocoyo
01-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Aw that's brilliant! Hope you say some really good stuff that quash the crappy sterotypes/wrong information that some people have!

Go Ryan! Good on ya man :cool::thumbsup:

ubokvt
01-14-2007, 04:06 PM
If the journalist are not going to spin it go for it and truly, truly thank you for be being willing to step forward for the fight. I admire your courage. Go man!! On a side what are the chances it will be on bbc world news so we in the states can cheer for you. I for one would love to watch you step out.

Deborah_UK
01-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Is this Midlands East or West?

Amanda Jane
01-14-2007, 04:26 PM
look straight into the camara and talk to it like it was your best friend / of course they pay the few people who can do this well millions of dollars / but being relaxed is the key deal

Ryan
01-14-2007, 05:21 PM
West Midlands , and not sure if it will be on BBC World :( Probably not!

Abraxas
01-14-2007, 06:59 PM
That's totally awesome, Ryan. :thumbsup:
It's a great opportunity for ya, and for a lot of other people.

bi_weird
01-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Wow dude, that's excellent! Go you!

Kimberley
01-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Ryan, I am SOOOOOOO happy you decided to hang about. Yayyyyy!!!

Now, doing the press thing. Man, this is absolutely over the top!!! I am so very very proud of you. You rock! It sounds like you are speaking for all people who are trans and that is the best way. We all face many of the same societal issues.

We need more people like you, younger people to stand up and shout. Us old codgers seem to just get dismissed as being cantankerous.

I really am in awe.

:hugs:
Kimberley

Ryan
01-15-2007, 03:29 AM
Thanks for the words of support you guys and ladies :) I shall let you know when it is being broadcast etc when I know more, the guy will be here in 2 hrs. 2hrs ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH better get moving, lol.

Sheila
01-15-2007, 05:21 AM
Ryan,
needless to say you know you have our support, have fun as well

Jess

Iniquity Blonde GG
01-15-2007, 05:24 AM
well done ryan !! a voice standing for many :thumbsup: best of luck

pocoyo
01-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Yeah I hope so much that we get to see it!

How did it go Ryan? How did it gooo?

Ryan
01-15-2007, 11:49 AM
It went really well Poc! I might be filmed after my appointment at CXH on the 29th aswel as a follow up sort of thing! I will try and let you know when it is on, I dont know yet when todays filming will be broadcast, but yes I will record it and put it somewhere for everyone to see. Only be about two mins long if that I should think!

Felix
01-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Wow Ryan well done that's fantastic, hope I get to see it sometime xx Felix :hugs:

Ryan
01-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Ok so it has been aired today once already, it will shown again tonight at half past six. The link is here if you cant get it, click watch now, or 'bullying over gender change'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/midlandstoday/

Evert
01-24-2007, 11:22 AM
:Angry3: I cant see it! What you mean I dont have Realplayer??!? I've got lates version! Blasted BBC! :Angry3:

pocoyo
01-24-2007, 11:26 AM
That happened to me too! Try clicking "watch now" though....
It is lumpy and buffery but works... (I restarted though so still haven't seen it yet!)

[Edit:Oh! "Watch now" doesn't have Ryan on... it was yesterday's news though, so maybe tomorrow "watch now" will have Ryan on...?
Still can't view "bullying over gender" so I hope R is on the Watch Now section tomorrow!]

Evert
01-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Blasted BBC.. :p

Someone who CAN see it and could trow it on youtube?

Edit:
"A woman who is living as a man in preparation for a sex change operation has spoken of the bullying she has endured. " Maybe my opinion... but couldn't they at least make it a little bit more Male instead of pointing to Ryan as a girl? :straightface:

pocoyo
01-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Oh good! You saw my edit!!!

Now that is a good plan!
Yeah, someone pleeease put it on youtube?! :D
(That is if anyone can see it!)

Evert
01-24-2007, 12:24 PM
I did read it.. I'm soooo fantastic.. :p

pocoyo
01-24-2007, 12:26 PM
I did read it.. I'm soooo fantastic.. :p

Well yes! There's no denying it!!
:p

Adam
01-24-2007, 12:26 PM
i cant watch it even when i downloded what it told me too :sad:

Adam
01-24-2007, 02:19 PM
And for people like me who cant view it from todays storys theres this link
http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/midland.../contact.shtml

where it says watch
click latest midlands today (56k)

Adam
01-24-2007, 02:36 PM
ok added him to youtube watch him here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0ZkPZHUSzs

sound not good because my camera had truble picking up the soundfrom the laptop

Marlena Dahlstrom
01-25-2007, 01:28 AM
Well done, Ryan. You go, dude!

Evert
01-25-2007, 03:32 AM
You rock Ryan! :D Wheeheee!

pocoyo
01-25-2007, 06:05 AM
Yay Ryan that was wicked!!!
Hey and we got to see your mum! Cool :D

You TV star!!!

Ryan's been on telly... Ryan's been on teellllyy!

*Well impressed*

Good for you mate... educating the masses lol! Ahhhh!

Evert
01-25-2007, 03:06 PM
I saw a guy today and he just looked like you Ryan :eek:

We got our own Ryan in Holland! :p

CaptLex
01-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Very nice, Ryan! I see the news people over there are just as clueless as the ones over here about getting pronouns straight, but it was nice to see you (and your little furry, feathery friends). :thumbsup:

Taylor105
02-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Ryan, I am proud of you man. I saw your videos on youtube. Both your personal ones and the t.v. show. You were awesome!!!