PDA

View Full Version : Has your mum ever told you she wanted a girl

Andrea_girl
01-14-2007, 12:08 PM
I found out yrs ago that my mum really wanted me to be born a girl. Not that she dressed me as a girl (as far as I know) but was desperate to have a girl.

I wonder if there is some link to cross dressing.

Please vote

Andrea
X

bobbielynn
01-14-2007, 12:15 PM
i think my mom wanted a girl. she was so happy when she got a granddaughter. but i don't know for sure

Tedi
01-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Being the 3rd child, with two older brothers.. I heard my parents say several times.. "you were supposed to be a girl". Hard to say if that has anything to do with crossdressing, kind of interesting though.

janet p
01-14-2007, 12:28 PM
My mom didn't say she wanted a girl but all thru grade school all I heard from the Nuns and her was why wasn't I more like my 6yr older sister. Who knows if this had any effect?(me thinks so).:love:

Billie1
01-14-2007, 12:31 PM
No, my mom never said, or indicated anything of the sort. The attraction to girl's clothes began at a very early (pre-teen) age, long before any sexuality was developed. Just kind of "happened", and has been there ever since. Leads me to believe in the "hard-wired at birth" theory, as opposed to enviornmental or learned behaviors.

It's a tough job, bt somebody's got to do it!:D

Paula G
01-14-2007, 01:47 PM
My mother never said whether she preferred a boy or girl, I think she was just happy that I was healthy.

jennifer easton
01-14-2007, 02:41 PM
just a week ago I got a birthday card from mom she went on about mom stuff you know being proud and all the stuff and at the end she said to tell kathie my GF that she always wanted a girl, and seeing as I was'nt and all her grandkids were boys she'd have to be her little girl!! HA! if she only knew! whoa maybe she dose!! xoxoxoJennifer

Joy Carter
01-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Yup and allot. She was really anti male in my view. She once told me about age ten, that she wanted to cut my thing off:eek: when I had done something bad. I don't know there was a break up her marriage when I was two and she sent me to her mom's house, there at age four I had my first CD experience. No one was involved, I did it on my own. Maybe it was a comfort thing. There was more women in my life then who were positive other than my negative mother.

Trinni
01-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Actually I think she was happy I was a boy because I was the third and last child and she alreasy had two boys in a small apartment. I have a feeling I wasn't planned and being a boy just made it easier. Don't get me wrong, she loved me and treated me great but my mom and dad were no longer spring chickens when I came around.

DanaStrauss
01-14-2007, 03:15 PM
She wanted a girl, but had three boys. I don't think she wished I was a girl and not a boy, though.

Alyla
01-14-2007, 03:23 PM
My mom always took me clothes shopping back in the sixties, and she liked me to wear the most outlandish and frilly of men's fashions; shirts with big flowing sleeves and bright paiselies and stripes. She even entered me into children's fashion shows so I could walk the catwalk in the latest styles. I liked it, but it was embarrassing to me at the time. Go figure.

Alyla

Brenda Love
01-14-2007, 04:14 PM
when my mother was pregnant with me the doctor told her she was going to have a girl.my parents even picked out a name for me,jennifer.I can only imagine their faces when the doctor told them it was a boy.I guess you could say the doctor wasn't totally wrong:heehee:

Hugs
Brenda

ColleenCD
01-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Since my brother was adopted nine months prior to my birth, Mom simply had the hope and notion that I would be a girl. Many times over my childhood she made that statement. Of course catching me in her things she certainly proved she wasn't still wanting that little girl.

Colleen

Bev06 GG
01-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Interesting thought but I doubt it. There are too many CDs out there who's parents have had both boys and girls, and been thrilled with both. My partners mum certainly didn't wish that. However, he isn't keen on men because he had a brutal father, so I suppose you could ask. How many CDs dont like men because of some childhood trauma.
Take care
BEV

linnea
01-14-2007, 07:04 PM
My mother told me on a number of occasions that she had wanted a girl. I have an older brother, and she said that she was very happy with two boys. However, she would add, she had wanted a girl. She told me what name I would have had if I had been a girl too. She never came right and said that she wished that I had been a girl.
On a couple of occasions, as I have related in other posts, she had me try on dresses when I went shopping with her. She never bought me one, but she did buy me girl's underwear throughout my elementary school years.

Miss Terr
01-14-2007, 07:31 PM
My mom even had a name picked out for me.
Linda.
Yuk not a big fan of that name...
Like someone else mentioned I wonder if all her hoping while I was embryonic had an effect...:heehee:

Andrea_girl
01-14-2007, 07:36 PM
That is exactly what i was thinking.

Is it possible that whilst in the womb a mother can in some way mentally affect the development of the fetus.

The brain as we know is powerful thing that we know very little about.

Rachel Morley
01-14-2007, 07:42 PM
I was the first born so apparently (according to my Dad) I was always going to be a boy. However, when I was born right up until I started walking, my Mom has told me several times that all her female friends said of me (and I promise you this is true) they said: "he should have been born a girl, look at his hair and eyes, he's too pretty to be a boy". :D Pity it didn't stay with me!

Scotty
01-14-2007, 08:14 PM
My mom has mentioned that even the doctors thought I would be a girl although I'm sure an amniosentesis would have confirmed that or maybe it came out that way.

I dunno, but I can't quite give out the name she had for me as it would out me, it's my middle name though :D (Seriously!!)

carla smith
01-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Yes!
Name and all! "Carla"

Older sister and brother.....parents were expecting a girl, older sister was planning a litter sis, so when born a boy. My mother let my sister dress me as a girl....I hated it and as soon as I could out run her, that put a stop to it.....I would not wear briefs (looked too much like panties) had to be boxers as a result of it.

My mother helped dress me completely(Skirt with petty, heels) when I was about 14 for a school play whrere I had to dress as a gril. It made me feel girly....but no desire to dress....until 30 years later.

I did a poorly written (so I have been told, by critics) short story for Fictionmania about the school play, it is called School skit. It was a fun rainy day thing!

Have fun out there.

Naomi
01-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Mum wanted a girl and was planning to call that girl Caroline.

diane59
01-15-2007, 07:27 AM
After 4 girls Mom wanted and got a boy, Little did she know she had the best of both worlds.

Laurie Ann
01-15-2007, 12:03 PM
My mother told me on numerous occasions during my youth that I was supposed to be a girl. The comments from her and other family members growing up was I was too pretty to be a boy. My father even got out of a ticket by promining the policeman that instead he would buy the girl in the backseat a new dress. This went even further with my aunts always dressing me up as a girl.

tommi
01-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Mom and Dad both wanted a girl after 3 boys and often mention how they
didn't even have a boys name picked out for me till after I was born.
Not to mention the dozens of pink blankets and afgans mom had stored away.

featherelizabeth
01-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Not only did my mum want a girl, she even had a name picked out (this was the early 70's, long b4 ultrasound).. Heather Elizabeth. Hence my screen name...I do believe it has something to do with xdressing, kind of a "soul imprint" that carries the hopes of both parents wanting a girl... as long as YOU feel it inside your spirit, it is gorgeous, unique, lively.... and entirely your own... nothing like dressing up, yet found through life I didn't always need to
do so to be mistaken for a woman.. growing my hair out again so I can feel even more femme...cheers.

lynnrichards
01-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Yes. I was told many times that my mother really wanted a girl, as I had an older brother. She had even selected the name, Lynn. When I was born male, the name Lynn was given to me as a middle name.

It seemed only natural to use Lynn as my femme name. I have often wondered whether I was influenced by this. I just don't know.

Chloe Jean
01-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Mom never said that she wanted me to be a girl but She did dress me up as a girl for Halloween a couple times. So Maybe she did.
Chloe

tommi
01-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Was dressed and sent to a school halloween at least twice.

JeaniT
01-15-2007, 12:56 PM
She did, but when she caught me dressing when I was 12, she denied she'd ever said it ... but I know she did, and so did she.

Jeani

matti
01-15-2007, 03:19 PM
I never ask my mom outright about the times (Halloween) she did dress me like a girl and I can remember when I was around 12 or 13 she ask me the next day if I wanted to dress as a girl again. She liked my opinion when she was clothes shopping and even sometimes she went into the girls dept and ask me what I thought about some of the girls clothes on display for sale. This brings up the question again for me if I should ask before she isn't around anymore to tell me.

marie354
01-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Both of parents wanted a girl. I would have had an older brother, but he died before he was 6 mos. old. Got himself wrapped up in a plastic sheet... They never used one again. I think that was why. They never did have another girl except for my older sister. They did have 3 more boys though.
:hugs:

MsEva
01-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Yup, she had four boys poor thing, no girls. I was supposed to be the girl. Funny but two of the biggest rifs we ever had was when she suggested that I would be gray haired by the time I was thirty five and when she suggested that I dress as a girl for Halloween once as I had no other costume...I guess she was right by both counts. I was gray by 35 and I was a girl at heart well before 35/:devil:

LindaTS
01-15-2007, 03:58 PM
She never actually said she wanted a girl but she used to tell me that I should have been a girl.

RobertaFermina
01-15-2007, 03:59 PM
I was the fourth child and the fourth boy of five boys.
I don't feel in the least that my being a boy is regretted.
Her sixth child was finally a girl....then she had 5 more!

Mom said she would take what God gave her, though she really caught stress in her second marriage when my step-father got impatient for a boy.

I didn't grow up with any of the girls, they came in her second marriage, and I stayed with pop, and then foster homes.

When I finally met my sisters, and met my mom again (after 8 years) it was a confusing and wonderful surprise !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

JoAnnDallas
01-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Boys are kinda rare in my family. It seems only one per generation. I was the youngest and had two older sisters. I had one cosuion that was a boy, our son is a boy, one newphew that is a boy, and one grandnewphew that is a boy.

Jere Oneil
01-15-2007, 05:18 PM
My mom never said she wanted a girl, but she did take advantage of things such as Halloweens and a couple of times when I really messed up my clothes to put me in dresses, I can remember one one occasion when myself and my cousin had made "mud pies", and wound up getting everything we had on totally soaked and muddy. We were both bathed and since I didn't have any spare clothes at my grandma's, mom put one of my cousin's dresses on me for the rest of our visit I guess I got girl's shoes and socks too, and maybe even panties. I don't remember a lot of the details, except that I must have been around 5 at the time because I remember being picked up and shown to the lady that lived next door. If I had been much older than 5, mom couldn't have picked me up, and we didn't move to that house until I was nearly 5. When I started taking my mom's clothes and wearing them around 11 or 12, I got spanked for doing it. But, it was for stealing her stuff, not because I was wearing the clothes. So, I do think my mom wanted a girl. This is born out by the amount of money she spent buying my daughters pretty dresses and such.

melissaK
01-15-2007, 05:32 PM
As far as I know, wanting me to be a girl is all my own idea . . .

PS, and Bev06 GG, My Dad was AF military and always away on a mission flying somewhere. It bothered me as a young child that he kept leaving - kinda vivid memories of being upset by that. Otherwise he was a good Dad, did Dad things with me and wans't given to fits of temper. I don't recall being consciously soured on men, or him, because of it. But I have pondered that possibility. And Angel Darling I had bright red hair and more than once was told "what a waste on a boy."

Just a few more wild card facts to toss into the mill of "nuture" vs "nature" analysis.

Adrienne Heels
01-15-2007, 06:02 PM
My wife and I just spoke about this. My mother ALWAYS used to say how she wanted a girl, NOT a son.

Tina Dixon
01-15-2007, 06:10 PM
My Mother passed away shortly after I was born and she all ready had two boys, I was raised by my grand parents, my grand mother all ways would tell me how my mother wanted a little girl so bad, well here she is, lol.

Bethanygirl
01-16-2007, 02:02 AM
Both of my parents told me I was a mistake, that they didn't want me when they had me. Does that count?

Andrea_girl
01-16-2007, 04:49 AM
Sorry Bethanygirl I didn`t think of that as a option. Smacked wrists for me.

kerrianna
01-16-2007, 05:15 AM
How many CDs dont like men because of some childhood trauma.
Take care
BEV

You could start a thread with that question yourself Bev. Do you want me to? My short answer to that is "yep, kinda"

As far as my mom, I was the third of four boys, and while I've never heard her say that she wanted a girl (in fact I was trying to bait her recently about it and she went on about how thankful she was she didn't have to raise girls - something about higher maintenance :heehee: -) but I just have a feeling that at the time she DID want a girl after having 2 boys. She did give me a unisex name and I was born with a lot of girlish qualities, so who knows. Could be me imposing my view on it. It's just a feeling I have. My mom would probably never tell me because she wouldn't want to hurt my feelings.

Speaking of which, Bethany, I'm sorry your parents thought that they should tell you that. Even if it wasn't meant in a mean way, it can hurt. I was told that - it was already obvious to me. My mom had her hands full with 2 infants and didn't need another. They just hadn't figured out what was causing it I guess. :rolleyes:

Chemise
01-16-2007, 06:28 AM
My mum never said she wanted a girl but she did say she wished I was a girl…. Let me explain, mum was a dressmaker and a good one too but it was a lot easier to run up a dress than to make a pair of boys trousers or shirts. When struggling with a pair of trousers for me she would say. “I wish you were a girl, dresses are so easy” If only I could have said then, “Forget the trousers give me a dress” She mostly had to buy my clothes and money was short, it sure would of helped if I had been a girl.

Chemise

Rachaelb64
01-16-2007, 06:51 AM
I was born year after my mum miscarried (which was a girl) so I was the 3rd son instead of the 2nd daughter.

Makes me wonder sometimes................

Beth-GDB
01-16-2007, 07:00 AM
My mother once told me that she was convinced I'd be a girl before I was born. I have two older brothers and when she mentioned it, it was reasonably clear to me that she had been hoping for a girl at the time. I wasn't bothered by the comment in the slightest. As things turned out I have three brothers and no sisters. I suspect that myself and my younger brother were attempts for daughters but after 4 boys in a row they decided that it was time to stop trying. I have no idea what name I would have been given as a girl.

Bluebird GG
01-16-2007, 10:01 AM
since i am gg my mom told me years back that my dad wanted a boy and i wuz crushed, but i am not about to change my femintiy for that, i luv being a gg, so its all good!:D

Petrina CD
01-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Both Mom and Dad both wanted a girl as I was the third of three boys. I don't recall hearing my Mom say that she wanted a girl very often but I can still remember my Dad saying it over and over untill I began to feel a little inadequate about myself. When we would go somewhere and meet another family with kids our age my Dad would always say that I should of been born a girl."These are my three boys ,but the youngest one was supposed to be a girl" he would say.

Then I started to notice how mothers treated their little girls , always fixing their hair, dressing them in nice pretty dresses with bows in their hair and stuff........

After reading so many posts about how many CDs have a similar story one begins to wonder. Maybe this did have an affect on me . Or is it just that most moms want a daugter and most dads want a son. I cannot recall but I have seen pics of me at about two years old with long girl length hair in what looks like a bun or somthing. I was told by my Mom that she just didn't want to cut my lovely blond hair so she let it grow like a girl. I don't know how old I was when they finally cut it like boy. My Mom also used to say I looked so much like a girl that people used to tell her what a cute little girl I was and that they would look disapointed when she told them I was a boy.

I think this had a lot to do with my wanting to dress up like a girl, somthing I never let on to my parents. I would trade my left nut to be able to go back to when I was about thirteen and have her dress me up for halloween as the girl she allways wanted. She died when i was 16 .

Petrina cd

Sasha Anne Meadows
01-16-2007, 01:44 PM
My mom used to say I would have made a pretty girl. Ohhhh I liked that. Wish she could have met her daughter before she died.

Angela E.
01-16-2007, 06:53 PM
And I didn`t dissapoint.-Angela.:doll: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

Jenn S.
01-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Yep, I was one of only two and mom and dad wanted a girl. Strangely, even the features typical of most female fetuses showed up on my ultrasound, making the doctor announce to my parents they were having a girl. I always wonder what I would have looked like had the doctor been right.

Rebecca_Annette
01-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Well, it was never said, or hinted.

But, I was brought up in a household with 2 elder sisters, my mother, and an ~ often ~ absent father.

I was my sisters' 'doll', they'd dress me up.

Well, I suppose I've posted all of this elsewhere, but I'm sure you get my drift :)

Kathryn Philips
01-16-2007, 07:03 PM
I wish she really had had another girl. ie me

DeniseNJ
01-16-2007, 07:12 PM
My mom had a still born girl right before me. She always said that, that girl was gonna be named Denise.. When I was born I know she wanted a girl. growing up my mother knew I crossed dressed or I had a feeling she knew . She even took a picture of me combing a dolls hair . and put lipstick on me dressed me up as raggady ann for halloween and a witch one time. In my teens my mother would always come over and clean my house ,, she found my wig and nail polish one day and I told her that was from halloween. I believe she knew about my desires .

NewShy21NJmtf
01-16-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm the second child, and my older sister is a girl, but she's very tomboyish, and my mom has often expressed how she wished her daughter was more like a daughter. That would be encouraging for me to tell her about Stephanie if it wasn't for all of the other things she's said and done in the past, but that's another story all together. Anway, no, she didn't exactly tell me she wanted me to be a girl, but she does wish she had someone to do girly things with.

kathy gg
01-16-2007, 10:57 PM
You did not ask for gg response, but I'll give mine anyway. My folks both wanted a boy. My mother had a still birth before I came along, and the baby was a boy. Also, my grandmother had this thing about the family name being passed on. {no problem there though! Our daughter has my family name on her name as well!}

When my Mom was pregnant with me I was really HUGE and the Dr's were sure I was a boy. They had boy names picked and everything. And then..well they got me.

Thankfully my Dad says he forgot all about wanting a son and that was the end of that. My Mom even says she would have been a total bitch to any daughter-in-law { she aint' lying there!} so she is glad now she had me, and not a boy.

And I hate to say this....but all I ever wanted was a girl and hubby wanted a girl too....and thank goodness we got what we wanted.

Stefanie_in_Mt
01-16-2007, 11:26 PM
I was the 2nd born, and my mom has told me all my life she just knew that I was a girl throughout the pregnancy, so I kinda go along with the theory that an unborn can be ( Hard wired ) so to speak. I took up cding very eary and still feel like I should have been a girl. ( wow ) I would have been an ugly one though LOL
Love
Stefanie

Krystenw
01-17-2007, 12:03 AM
My mother was 16 when I was born and my dad was working all the time. She didn't know much about raising children and her mother dressed her brothers in dresses so I guess that's why she started dressing me like that.
I didn't know little boys didn't wear dresses and have their hair braided or in ringlets. She even let me get my ears pierced for my 6th birthday. It wasn't until I started the first grade that my dad had all my ringlets cut off when I came home from the neighbors in a dress that I had been wearing all day. Then after that mom started dressing me like a little boy all the time.

MandyTX83
01-17-2007, 05:06 AM
I was an accident by all standards, my parents did not want to have another baby after having a girl and a boy before me. The went so far as to have my mom's tube's tied and a DNC while I was moving through the tube... When the gyno told my mom that she was pregnant she said that she couldn't be after everything they had done to her and he agreed that it was not very possible but there was a chance that I was between the tub and the uterus (approximately a 3 hour window) when they did both things to her. I am in the record books of 1983 for miracle births with surprisingly no damage with from everything that had been done and all the x-rays and other stuff done to her while I was inside. My parents had hoped for another girl but were very happy to have a boy that was healthy (my mom even picked out a name for me Molly close to my choice but i like mine better). Sorry I kinda strayed off subject there.

plieboy
01-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Mom never said specifically that she wanted a girl, but she raised me quite girlishly. She put me in ballet and irish dance when I was 6, bought me LOTS of girl things to wear, LOVED to fix my hair, and took me shopping with her just as if I were a daughter.

Suzie S.
01-27-2007, 07:08 AM
Nope. They got a boy and was quite happy. As it turned out, I am the only child. So the family name lives on! :thumbsup:

Suzie S.

JC
01-27-2007, 12:54 PM
yes mom wanted a girl.. .. dad took me to get haircut after a salesman bougth out girls sandals as we went for shoes. dad said enough was enough. i do not know of other stories - just this one that was told about my youth

jc