PDA

View Full Version : Purse Advice

janelle
01-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Hi all;
I have been going to work a woman for several months now minus a wig & purse. Well i went & got my own hair done into a pixie cut which i do a so-so job at keeping it look so. I still don't carry a purse to work & have been watching the other ladies, most of them don't either. Like me they carry a bookbag & some also carry a lunch container. Me its a lunch pail & bookbag so what i would like to know is:
How many carry purses to work? EVERYONE PLEASE---U2 Tamara
Or How many are like me a don't as it seems most of the woman they work with don't?
Please everyone give me(us) your thoughts on this.
Have a lovely day.
:love: Janelle

Tamara Croft
01-14-2007, 01:07 PM
I don't go anywhere without my handbag (which has my purse in it). I can't imagine a woman not going anywhere without one, unless they have huge pockets to put everything in them ;)

Sheila
01-14-2007, 01:08 PM
No handbag /purse I stay at home

Jess

Karren H
01-14-2007, 02:06 PM
I carry an laptop bag.....for all my crap since a purse would be too small!!! lol And a few in the office refere to it as my purse!!!

Love Karren

Sam-antha
01-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Shoulder bag of some sort big enough to carry a mass of stuff and the purse.
But, that is when I went to work, some years back now.
No one remarked on the bag and at that time there were so many plastic cards floating around that folk were quite used to seeing a man/ with a purse thing to cary them in.

Phyliss
01-14-2007, 04:45 PM
The few places I've worked I can remember that the ladies hardly ever carried their purse into the factory. Most of them left it in the car for later. Most carried a lunch container of sorts, with any extra needed "items".
I should note that in the case of most of them they were a bit "hard bitten" types who would have been just as comfortable with a wallet as anything else.
My suggestion would be to follow the lead of most of them as to blend in more.

Stephanie-L
01-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Where I work we are required to change into uniforms at the start of the shift (medical) and most of us, male and female, carry a bag of some sort to hold the tools of our trade, usually a backpack type of thing. Stephanie

Fallen Angel
01-14-2007, 05:11 PM
I use a decent size one to keep my purse in cell phone and a few cosmetics would not leave the house with out one

susie evans
01-14-2007, 07:19 PM
i carry it in my lap top bag also it's big and has wheels looks almost like a carrie on suit case got to be carefull at the air port last week the took some lotion i forgot :heehee: :heehee:
susie

janelle
01-14-2007, 08:31 PM
I think i said it but i do carry what most here call a book bag. Its good size & i can put what i need in it. Really want to carry my purse but untill i finish my evaluation i best not. I also want to talk with HR about their policies for those like us. Should be very interesting the next couple of weeks.
Take care & if something happens, i will let you all know.
:hugs: Janelle

nancy58
01-14-2007, 08:41 PM
I don't go out en femme, but I would definitely carry a purse if I did. I think, however, that as with all things related to feminine style, you are best off to go with the flow and do what you see GGs doing.

Sometimes I carry a "purse" in drab during summer. I hardly ever go anywhere without my wallet, cell phone, sunglasses, and Palm Pilot, and my pockets fill up way too fast, and there's no jacket I can put the stuff in. On weekends, especially, I put all the stuff there because I can just grab it and go, and I don't need all that stuff around the house.

My "purse" doesn't look like a woman's purse, it's one of those bags you can buy at a hiking store. A friend of mine carries one and calls it his "man bag". It's apparently also common for men to carry purses in Europe. In South America, they have a word for a man's purse, [I]mariconera[I], but it's probably a a pejorative word, since it's based on their uncomplimentary word for a male homosexual.

Nancy

bridget thronton
01-14-2007, 11:37 PM
I almost always wear a purse (leather shoulder bag) at work.