PDA

View Full Version : A Sticky Question

Peggy55
01-14-2007, 03:08 PM
I have several pairs of breastforms. Two of them have an adhesive backing. You just peel off the plastic cover and stick 'em on! They're great and can be used over and over again however they arte not as sticky as they used to be. Can anyone give me an idea of where to get the proper spray on adhesive so I don't experience anymore premature sag!

Thanks,

Peggy

Marla S
01-14-2007, 03:17 PM
I have no experinces with breastforms, but a bit with chemistry.:heehee:
Could be possible that washing the backing with a mild soap reactivates them, because the gel-like adhesive surface might be covered with denders, salts (sweating), fat and the like and maybe is dried a bit. Much like the silcon stripps for stay ups.

Peggy55
01-14-2007, 03:40 PM
I have no experinces with breastforms, but a bit with chemistry.:heehee:
Could be possible that washing the backing with a mild soap reactivates them, because the gel-like adhesive surface might be covered with denders, salts (sweating), fat and the like. Much like the silcon stripps for stay ups.

Thanks Marla. That does help but the old breastforms have lost their ummpf!
I know there is a hypoallergenic product out there somewhere to revitilize them!

Peggy

Christina Nicole
01-14-2007, 04:13 PM
I have Amoena attachable breastforms. Amoena has great customer support. You didn't say what brand forms you have, but you probably should try contacting the manufacturer.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Peggy55
01-14-2007, 04:36 PM
I have Amoena attachable breastforms. Amoena has great customer support. You didn't say what brand forms you have, but you probably should try contacting the manufacturer.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Who did you buy them through Christina?

Thanks,

Peggy

CarmenG
01-14-2007, 05:19 PM
go to your local pharmacy and ask them for some skin adhesive. can't think of their name but I know there is some on the market that is used for colostomy bags. Works great.... Good Luck

veronicagirl
01-14-2007, 06:39 PM
You want Hollister 7730 Medical Adhesive, and the remover. It's also sold on ebay.

Christina Nicole
01-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Who did you buy them through Christina?

Hi Peggy,

I shopped a local store that sells lingerie and mastectomy items. I found her in the yellow pages under "Mastectomy." I found that I like the boutiques better than the medical supply places, but that's just aesthetics. The price I was charged was the same price as I found on-line. Plus, I got to try them before I bought than and to try different sizes with a blouse and sweater to make sure the "look" was right. Forms and wigs are, in my opinion, things you have to try before you buy.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole