PDA

View Full Version : makeup...help me...please

lissa_cd
01-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Okay, I understand that first I'm a man and that I'm getting on in age (53) but I want to know...basically how do I get a smooth complextion through makeup? yeah I'm interested in what everyone has to say..please help me....
a kiss
Melissa

Tristen Cox
01-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Bump..Anyone? Melissa could use advice here ;)

Sharon
01-26-2005, 11:08 PM
I've had good luck with Covergirl concealer sticks used in combination with their Ultimate Finish Liquid Powder.

ChristineRenee
01-26-2005, 11:10 PM
Okay, I understand that first I'm a man and that I'm getting on in age (53) but I want to know...basically how do I get a smooth complextion through makeup? yeah I'm interested in what everyone has to say..please help me....
a kiss
MelissaWell..I know that there are others here that are much more proficient than me, but I am 53 too and have had problems with beard shadow, as related to CD'ing that is, all my adult life. I like to use a good foundation, used to use Dermablend but have switched recently to Colortration based on the recommendations of others in the forum here. Colortration is a foundation/corrective makeup and does a superior job of hiding beard shadow. I also use liquid makeup...usually Cover Girl... and then powder that down afterward. Apply a little blush. There you go...other than the eyes which is a whole nother thing. A rule of thumb that I have learned over the years from the gg's is that less is more...avoid the tendency, especially with a heavy beard shadow to cover, of "troweling" on the makeup. I think many of us tend to do that initially until we get better at doing it over time and with continuing practice.

Hope this helps somewhat...like I said...I'm far from being an expert on makeup so hopefully the other t-girlz and the gg's can help you with this even more.

Good luck!

Hugs & Kisses,
Christine Renee

Helana
01-27-2005, 01:22 AM
Christine

I looked up the colortration website and saw the concealer bottle selling for $31. How many ml is that bottle as it looks small in the picture - how many applications can you get from one bottle? Thanks. :)

http://www.colortration.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=cos&Product_Code=CSCLM

ChristineRenee
01-27-2005, 01:42 AM
Christine

I looked up the colortration website and saw the concealer bottle selling for $31. How many ml is that bottle as it looks small in the picture - how many applications can you get from one bottle? Thanks. :)

http://www.colortration.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=cos&Product_Code=CSCLMDunno Helana...I haven't gone through a bottle yet. Any of you Colortration users out there who can answer this for my sis here?:)