PDA

View Full Version : Viewed from a distance...It looks very silly.

Julie York
01-26-2005, 03:35 PM
This is something I've had in my head for a long time. So I thought I'd share it. It isn't as silly as it first appears (or maybe it is.)

SO (wife) has been married happily to a man she loves very much. He has always been kind , caring and attentive. Thirty years into the marriage she comes home one day unexpectedly...to find.....He is completely dressed as a Klingon Warrior!

SO: What the hell are you doing!!

MAN: I..I..I'm so sorry. I just....

He rushes off and gets changed. Wife is confused, outraged. They finally face each other.

SO: So...How long has this been going on?
MAN: For as long as I can remember....but just bits of things....I only did the whole uniform a year ago.
SO: Are you gay?
MAN: Eh?.....NO!!...I just like dressing up as a Klingon.
SO: So does this mean you go round killing people?
MAN: No.
SO: You dress up as a Klingon and never killed anyone? I find that hard to believe.
MAN: I don't want to kill anyone. I just like pretending to be a Klingon. It's...part of me. I'm no different from who I was half an hour ago.
SO: I can't believe you kept this from me all these years. So I suppose you now want to go out to town and have people call you ZQaaargg?
MAN: No I just like wearing the clothes. It's fun.
SO: FUN! It's sick!
MAN: It's just clothes.
SO: What if the neighbours saw you.
MAN: I've never been out dressed as a Klingon.
SO: And I suppose you have a weapon for killing people?
MAN: No. I just like wearing....
SO: I can't handle this......You don't WANT to kill people?
MAN: No.
SO: So WHY do you want to be a Klingon?
MAN: I don't want to be a Klingon.
SO: You don't?
MAN: No. I just like pretending to be one now and then and wearing the clothes.

(and so on.)

Six months later.....
MAN: That breat plate there.
SO: That one?..... That'll make you look fat. Try this one on.

(A year later)
SO: There's a Klingon convention in 3 weeks!!!

etc (end)

Tristen Cox
01-26-2005, 03:41 PM
" Look who's coming to dinner " :)

Fiona K
01-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Good one Julie,
Lady warrior or gentleman?
Fiona
xx

ChristineRenee
01-26-2005, 04:27 PM
That's a great story Julie. It just shows how attitudes can be changed over time for the better. Thanks for sharing that with all of us.

Love,
Christine Renee

Megan_Renee
01-26-2005, 04:29 PM
tera'nganbej neH jIH 'ach 'e' vIQIjlaH !

(I'm really only an earthling, but it's a long story...)

Megan

sherri
01-26-2005, 04:34 PM
2 years later: I think I actually do want to be a real Kingon.

2 1/2 years later: I can't live this charade any longer. I am a Klingon. That's who I am and I can't hide it any longer. I love you, but I'm coming out. Should we talk to the children?

2 3/4 years later: I've come to an agreement with management at work. They're giving me a new job, and a new title! I am now administrative assistant to the associate file clerk in the mail room. Isn't that great? But here's the best news — I can now be a Klingon at work!

2 3/4 years + 8 days: I've been seeing a therapist and we agree it's best that I go ahead with the facial reconstruction surgery (FRS) and leather skin treatments.

Julie York
01-26-2005, 05:06 PM
No Sherri, he is a fetish Klingon dresser only . But 2.5 years later he now has 124 pairs of spikey toed shoes (some with special garroting attachments.)

And he likes Gaaarrgggh but only if she lets him.

Paula A
01-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Julie;

Thanks I needed that. :D

Sharon
01-26-2005, 05:36 PM
Fetish Klingon dressers are weird. :D

Wendy me
01-26-2005, 05:39 PM
were do we get the tickettes????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

Julie York
01-26-2005, 05:42 PM
Glad you posted Paula. Thought I might have over stepped the mark because your situation inspired me to write it and then I thought it might be insensitive if you read it. I was thinking how your wife might see it all from the outside so that's why I wrote it.

It's the pre-conception that's the bit I picked up on.

It's the leap from....You do what?...You like to wear a fake fur coat?...OMG so do you want to kill seals!!!

That's what I was trying to get across.

I know from posts you have done before that you love your wife dearly, so I truly hope that you take your time over this and let her lead the way. If she asks a question answer it honestly but with an understanding that she is scared too.

And just incase she ever reads this (you never know?)

Mrs PA:....

If you had a secret that might hurt your family...make you a laughing stock in your social life.....seperate you from the person you most love in life.....hurt your children if it got out.......Potentially destroy everything you hold dear.......Would you hold it in? Hold it back? Despite the pain it caused you? Despite the fact every day you knew you were living a lie? BECAUSE you love the people around you and don't want to hurt anyone?

Would you keep it secret?

For years.

YEARS!!

sherri
01-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Fetish Klingon dressers are weird. :D
Why can't they just be normal? It would be so much easier.

Georgette
01-26-2005, 06:19 PM
The title says it all. WHAT IS NORMAL,maybe we are normal and the rest of the soceity is not! :rolleyes:

Tamara Croft
01-26-2005, 06:22 PM
The title says it all. WHAT IS NORMAL,maybe we are normal and the rest of the soceity is not! :rolleyes:

I've been saying that all along... it's not CD's that are weird... it's everyone else!!!

Tamara x

sherri
01-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Kidding! I was just kidding!

I was being facetious. So was Sharon. This is a playful thread, is it not?

ChristineRenee
01-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Well said Julie. Your post should be required reading for anyone who would question why a CD is in the closet or keeps it a secret from those he/she loves.;)

Big Hugs & Kisses,
Christine Renee

ChristineRenee
01-26-2005, 06:29 PM
2 years later: I think I actually do want to be a real Kingon.

2 1/2 years later: I can't live this charade any longer. I am a Klingon. That's who I am and I can't hide it any longer. I love you, but I'm coming out. Should we talk to the children?

2 3/4 years later: I've come to an agreement with management at work. They're giving me a new job, and a new title! I am now administrative assistant to the associate file clerk in the mail room. Isn't that great? But here's the best news — I can now be a Klingon at work!

2 3/4 years + 8 days: I've been seeing a therapist and we agree it's best that I go ahead with the facial reconstruction surgery (FRS) and leather skin treatments.This is some funny stuff sherri and sooooo true!:p ;)

StephanieCD
01-26-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm glad I'm not a FREAK like a Klingon dresser! Phew!

*mumbles about weirdos and touches smooth thigh*

Holly
01-26-2005, 08:10 PM
Julie,

Leave it to you to make such a profound point and give us a laugh at the same time! Why does society feel like they can pick on us? <Sigh> I guess that we're just an easy target.

Ava Mouse
01-26-2005, 08:19 PM
EXCELLENT post topic, Julie! :)

I took some Japanese culture and language courses in college, and visit sometimes.

It's fun to visit Japan and speak the language.
It's fun to wear Japanese clothes! (Both male and female... ;) )
It's fun to eat Japanese food and watch Anime!
It's fun to walk on the left, bow, and slurp my noodles!
It's fun to ring the bell at the temple!
It's not too much fun to be packed on the subway in August like sardines. ;)

Ya know when I go to Japan I do EVERYTHING the Japanese do. AND it widens my horizons. It opens my mind. And when I come home, I feel like me again, but better, more mature and wiser.

But no one is afraid I'll have surgery to look Japanese or dye my hair black...

Japan is a fun vacation for me, because it's different. It's exciting to absorb the Japanese culture, and you don't get that by being a tourist. You get it by living like the natives.

It makes me appreciate what's good about Japan, and what's good about my home in America.

And you know what, if I RESPECT the Japanese, they respect me back and welcome me as their own.

Now, apply that to crossdressing. Crossdressing is like visiting the world of women. If we dress, walk, talk, etc. like a native, we appreciate women more. I know I do.

Ava Mouse
01-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Why does society feel like they can pick on us?
Because CD'rs don't pound humans into the ground like Klingons do! :D LOL

Sharon
01-26-2005, 08:28 PM

There is no normal!
Everybody's normal.
The problem is that everyone thinks they're the only normal people in the world.
I happen to love Klingons, as well as Klingon-dressers.
And I love Julie for her thoughtful and poignant post. :)

Julie York
01-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Hey that's a really cool angle Ava! The Japanese thing.

If I get a gf I feel strongly enough about I shall take her to one side and tell her....."I have something important and personal to tell you. It's been a secret for many years......I'm.....I'm Japanese....No no hang on...Erm...What I mean is....I like wearing Japanese women...No no no!...No wait!.....What did Ava Mouse say?......Erm..What I mean is....I like visiting women.......Oh, is that loaded?"

(Thought For The Day:....Being a transvestite was a lot easier under the Taliban.)

Holly
01-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Ava,

Very nice analogy.

Janet K.
01-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Such a good point as to why it is a shallow minded individual that thinks that a person's personality somehow changes whenever they are crossdressing--the only thing that changes is the clothes (and makeup, and hair). It's what is on the inside that should matter to people, not the outside.

Priscilla1018
01-27-2005, 02:57 PM
Julie,
Love your thought for the day :D
Glad I'm not the only crazy here.
XO XO
Priscilla1018

racheal
01-27-2005, 05:21 PM
" Look who's coming to dinner " :)
Scottie, 'engerize' (the next scene)...