PDA

View Full Version : confusion

kimmigir1
01-15-2007, 03:25 AM
when your enfemme and you (or someone else) refer(s) to your male self, does it feel odd that your in a sence refering to yourself as a third person, and i mean how do you answer that? pardon if this makes little to no sence ill try to explain more if need be

Kate Simmons
01-15-2007, 05:33 AM
It depends Kimmi, both the first and third person, depending on who I'm talking to and what I'm talking about. It goes both ways, however, since I'm comfortable with being both, if THAT makes any sense?:happy:

Teresa Amina
01-15-2007, 08:57 AM
I'll often here refer to my "usual" appearance as that guy, but for humorous (hopefully) effect. It's would be really weird to called by that other name when in Teresa-mode. "Who?" :D

Emily Ann Brown
01-15-2007, 09:39 AM
I spent way too long being two people and always hiding one of them. I am currently (because of my NEW marital status) starting to blend and the guy mode is not my default personality anymore. Feels MUCH MUCH better !

Emily Ann

sammantha_flowers
01-15-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm comfortable thinking of my male self and my sammantha self as two seperate people who share common soul. I certainly act, dress, sound and look different.. so to me the third person describes the other me.. the other persona.. one that i slip on or off if that makes sense

Kahlan51
01-15-2007, 11:32 AM
I have no conflict as my Male side and Female side are two personas My gender, thoughts or feeling are not who I am inside I guess that makes it easy to take on all I am in spirit in a single body Kahlan

Karren H
01-15-2007, 11:38 AM
I Feels MUCH MUCH better !
Emily Ann

That's what all the horndogs say!! :)

Unlike Emily... I'm probably 3 people, not at any one time mind you!! All guy in male mode, all fem in girl mode and someone caught between two genders.... (Girl in a male suit.... Guy in a dress). And I refere to myself in the third person sometimes... Us in the third person...

Love Karren

tommi
01-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Dealing with these issues and never getting enough tommi time because of work issues

Kate Simmons
01-15-2007, 02:50 PM
I'll often here refer to my "usual" appearance as that guy, but for humorous (hopefully) effect. It's would be really weird to called by that other name when in Teresa-mode. "Who?" :DIt's kind of funny Teresa as my friends use my names interchangeably when I'm in either "mode". It was kinda strange at first but I'm used to it by now and am okay with it. Guilty as charged either way, I guess.:heehee:

celeste26
01-15-2007, 02:55 PM
It seems that I am always looking at myself instead of "inhabiting" myself in my dreams. Kind of weird isn't it?

RobertaFermina
01-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Yep it feels odd, and less and less so each time, so long as its matter-of-fact or clearly offered as opinion.

When someone judges Bob (or men, for that matter) in a way I don't like, I feel protective, and sometimes pissed off.

I get the most emotional charge when folks tell me that:

"Seeing you as Roberta makes it all click. When I see Bob, something is missing, and now it all makes sense."

"I prefer you as Roberta" ; "I much prefer you as a Woman"

"You look happier, and you are more fun."

I realize that my relationship to the world is "in play" now that I have jumped down this rabbithole and munched on the magic cookie !

bgirl
01-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Male or female? Yes I am.
Now that my wife knows and its ok with me and her that I dress, I am not sure what the hell my persona is. Iv'e found that some of the things I used to do as a man where really girl things. I must of had many gender issues even in total denial. My wife has said that it all makes sense now. I dont think that I ever get 100% male. I know I don't get 100% female. I have had this with me most of my life and I am just now starting to become a whole person. Male or female? Yep.

Lisa Golightly
01-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Everyone calls me Lisa so it's not really an issue... although strangers have been known to become confused and opt for the term 'it' at times :)

kimmigir1
01-15-2007, 10:19 PM
ok i think its time to clarify, my SO and I were talking last night when i was enfemme and she was refering to my male self as a seperate entity, and that was a little odd, so i didnt know what to do except to "play the part" (if you will) and refer to my male self in the third person sorry if i confuse anyone its hard to explain, im trying too, but i dont think its working

suchacutie
01-16-2007, 01:03 AM
I like it when talking with my wife as Tina and we refer to "him" always in the third person. When in drab, Tina is refered to as another person. This helps keep the presentations separate. To us it is odd when we slip up and we treat each other out of context.

tina

kimmigir1
01-16-2007, 01:12 AM
ok so its not really that uncommon then, a little akward thats for sure

Jestina
01-16-2007, 01:39 AM
When I am in guy mode my g/f and I talk about "Jestina" we laugh about her actually.
She is so timid and demure. Sometimes pretending to be so naive.
But we accuse her of all kinds of fun things.

When en femme, we never talk about the male me. At all. It is as if I do not exist in third party form. Only Jes.

Poor Jestina..:devil:

Lisa Golightly
01-16-2007, 02:51 AM
ok i think its time to clarify, my SO and I were talking last night when i was enfemme and she was refering to my male self as a seperate entity, and that was a little odd, so i didnt know what to do except to "play the part" (if you will) and refer to my male self in the third person

Ohhhh, that's rather common. In days gone by I used to get that quite often as I switched between modes for a while. The girls back then said that I projected myself differently as a boy and as a girl, largely concluding that the boy was a bit rubbish in all honesty. Because of that they referred to 'him' when I was a girl and were usually quite bitchy about 'him' now I think back... Awwwww, he was a bit of a dull chap I suppose ;)

Chloe Jean
01-16-2007, 04:25 AM
I think my male and female side sharing the same body. When I'm dolled up or on line i am Amelia. On line i adore being Amelia- flirt with the guys, they call me Babe, Darling etc. Some of them want to come over to my place- haven't invited any over yet.
Amelia