PDA

View Full Version : A First for me

Sharon B.
01-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Went out in drab except for the panties and pantyhose I had on under some jeans and sweat shirt.
Went into Lane Bryant store and asked to purchase a dress, they don't carry them in the store. I then asked for a two piece suit Jacket and skirt, the woman asked what size told her. She then asked about the woman I was buying it for. Told her it was for me, she asked if I wanted to try it on, (if only I had my bra on and some heels). Told her no, didn't really have the time but will go back there again some other time to make some more purchases in the future and try on some items before buying them.
Felt good to say it was for me, will have to say that more often from now on.

Trinni
01-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Congrats, that was a big step and took a lot of courage. I bet even though you didn't try anything on you felt like you were on cloud nine as you walked out of the store.

tommi
01-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Have bought clothes at Lane Bryant for both my wife and me never have taken advantage of the changing room way to embaraced when asked,
even though it is obvious , I am size 18 SO is 24

Sharon B.
01-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Considering this is conservative Louisville, KY. Would like to go back another time with a shopping bag with some heels and a purse in it with a light dusting of makeup. Try on an outfit before buying it and wear it out of the store.

heelme
01-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Good for you, Sharon! I have yet to avail myself of their changing room, but I have and will shop there again. There's always something on sale :)

Here's to many more shopping trips. Keep us up on the events.

Jenni B
01-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Nice one. That was probably a big step for you as it would be for me. And its a relief when the store asistant treats the situation as if its no big deal.:happy:

Cathy_NJ
01-15-2007, 03:43 PM
The more I read entries like this one, the more encouraged I become! Soon, ladies, very soon!! Keep up the good work! Cathy