PDA

View Full Version : A particular time?

pocoyo
01-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Just out of interest/for fun...(FtM's)

Was there a particular time/moment/memory where you felt especially manly or male. Where you felt like a gm and maybe even almost forgot you'd been born female?

Cheers :)

Poc

bi_weird
01-15-2007, 05:04 PM
The first time I bound my chest and saw myself flat chested was pretty big. The time a prof mistook me for a man (though he's very nearsighted so it doesn't count). When I'm home and my brothers treat me like a guy dispite my relatives telling them to be nice to me 'cause I'm a girl. Those random moments where guy friends don't limit their speech simply 'cause I'm around. That's the sort of time when I feel manly, and sometimes in those situations I forget that I'm a girl.

CaptLex
01-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Those random moments where guy friends don't limit their speech simply 'cause I'm around. That's the sort of time when I feel manly, and sometimes in those situations I forget that I'm a girl.
I have to agree with this in my situation also. It's not usually about one particular event, but each time I'm in a situation where I'm treated like a masculine person, it causes me to feel comfortable, relaxed and like someone really sees me and gets me. In particular, when I'm with my (gay male) cousin, for some reason I feel most masculine - maybe 'cause he's more fem than I am. :tongueout

Abraxas
01-15-2007, 11:14 PM
A lot of my friends do a good job helping me along-- especially my drinking buddies, who never let me get away with drinking less than anyone else lol
'Be a man, Benny, drink up!' feels quite good.

Felix
01-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Great thread!!!
Hey Poc ya might wanna do this in the Club House too cos I dunno if I wanna answer it here no disrespect but I'm shy :o xx Felix :hugs:

ZenFrost
01-17-2007, 05:08 AM
(I reposted this in the clubhouse BTW)

I don't really get those moments 'cause I almost always feel like a gm anyway. It's not as though I'm actively thinking about my gender on a constant basis so I guess I just see myself as/feel like an actual guy.

bi_weird
01-18-2007, 02:04 AM
Haha so excellent timeing tonight.
Went over to Yin's place for a celebratory drink (I GOT INTO U CHICAGO'S GRAD PROGRAM!! :-). He was packing to leave for an interview tomorrow, and of course, since he's 20 and has tied a tie all of like seven times in his life, trying in vain to learn how. Seeing as how when I get something guyish I jump in feet first, when I got my first tie I practiced tying it bunches of times 'til it was perfect. So yes, when have I felt like a guy? When I taught my male friend how to tie a neat half-Windsor.
*beams*
I think this week is making up for last week.

pocoyo
01-18-2007, 05:57 AM
Yaaay congratulations Bi! That's so cool :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hehe that tie tying sounds good too!
Nice one ;)

John
01-18-2007, 06:00 AM
My flatmates think I'm just a regular gay girl, but I feel like a man when I walk into a room where some of the guys from the flat are looking at a 'magazine' and I get asked 'what do you think of her?' as they would another gm (I think it weird’s out some of my female flatmates when that happens though).

Gabriel
01-21-2007, 03:23 PM
...when people tell me, "Oh, you wouldn't know about ___ ... It's a girl thing." :p

ZenFrost
01-27-2007, 12:25 AM
...when people tell me, "Oh, you wouldn't know about ___ ... It's a girl thing." :p

Oh that's just funny. Like the time I nearly got kicked out of the woman's restroom when I wasn't even CDing.

John
01-28-2007, 06:26 AM
First two years in middle school I got screamed at every time I walked into the girls bathroom. It was so funny :D

Taylor105
02-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Well, going out to eat with a female friend that is actually shorter than I am. I'm five foot three and she is four ten. The time I got my haircut really short for the first time and mom said "wow. you really turned into my son" That was nice. Getting double and triple takes when I am out in public. Some people might hate that but I feel like as long as I keep them guessing it's all good. :) And of course there is always my friend Craig and I looking at hot chicks in the mall together. haha

Ryan
02-10-2007, 12:48 PM
A long time ago for me..... :( maybe before puberty. Probably because I could get away with 'it' then, and I didn't have the reminders then, that I do no, like a huge chest etc :( I like when I put on a suit and tie though, it makes me feel more manly, so long as I dont look down too much or dont have stomach cramps!