PDA

View Full Version : Size DOES matter!

terrigurl
01-15-2007, 08:07 PM
It's not what you're thinking. I really am confused about misses sizes. I have a size 16 dress, which is just a wee bit too small, and a size 16 pant, which is quite a bit too big, especially in the waist. On the other hand, there are many size 16 tops and skirts that fit just fine. I guess I am going to have to try it on before I buy it, although it is difficult in a large department store, like JC Penney's or Mervyns, to use one of their dressing rooms, and a bit embarrassing also. I am going to try to take the pants back, except for the fact that I tore off the tags. I hope I can exchange them for a different style or something.

Terri

Glenda58
01-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Terri go dressed and try them on. Or take them in the mens fitting room and try them before you buy. Women cloths are not perfect in sizing also what fits in dresses doesn't mean it will be the same size skirt. I take a 10 dress and 6 or 8 skirt in misses. also there petite and women sizes. so it can very confusing. Also a 40 bra means you have a 35" chest measurement.

Charolette time
01-16-2007, 12:02 PM
It's not what you're thinking. I really am confused about misses sizes. I have a size 16 dress, which is just a wee bit too small, and a size 16 pant, which is quite a bit too big, especially in the waist. On the other hand, there are many size 16 tops and skirts that fit just fine. I guess I am going to have to try it on before I buy it, although it is difficult in a large department store, like JC Penney's or Mervyns, to use one of their dressing rooms, and a bit embarrassing also. I am going to try to take the pants back, except for the fact that I tore off the tags. I hope I can exchange them for a different style or something.

Terri

:2c: Try a store like Lane Bryant or Fashion Bug or, Chaterines they all carry ladies clothes for the well endowed:devil: and will even let you try them on, I go to them myself and have never been turned down on fitting and some of the Sales girls will even give you a hand getting the right fit, remember they want to make a sale, good luck Charolette