PDA

View Full Version : Facial hair

Bridget Fitzgerald
01-15-2007, 11:57 PM
As a mtf trans I wonder, how come you guys dont experiment more with facial hair? Seems hollywood has taken the technology to the point where it could be realistic. No interest? Or dont think it could be done well?

RevMoonSerpent
01-16-2007, 12:47 AM
I don't know about the other guys but, I have always preferred a clean shaven look. It also helps to keep peace with the family if I'm not sporting too much of a masculine look.

Abraxas
01-16-2007, 01:21 AM
I've experimented but it really just takes too long so I only slap on some sideburns once in awhile when I go to a party or something. I haven't really checked out stage makeup shops as yet because, quite frankly, I haven't got the extra money.

Kieron Andrew
01-16-2007, 06:11 AM
i look cute and young enough without it hehe

pocoyo
01-16-2007, 06:19 AM
As a mtf trans I wonder, how come you guys dont experiment more with facial hair? Seems hollywood has taken the technology to the point where it could be realistic. No interest? Or dont think it could be done well?

Haha how do you know we don't? :heehee:
A lot of us do, or at least have done, to see what it looks like and how it feels :tongueout I do often add some "stubble" when I'm talking to my friends on webcam.

I do like a clean shaven look, but also would like stubble too.

Most FTM's (that seek help, and so are here) are more transexual, rather than a crossdresser, and we know that we can easily grow facial hair if/when we transition. So that's pretty darn cool.
What I mean is... maybe the reason you don't see many FTM's "dressing up" in their avatars with facial hair (what I assume you're basing your presumptions on?), is because they aren't strictly a crossdresser, but transexual, so they don't need to fake it - because one day they could grow their own facial hair anyway!

I bet if you went to a drag-king site or something, that they may well like to dress up with fake beards and stuff. But of course they are a completely different animal to us!

Lex
01-17-2007, 02:22 AM
Check out my facial hair. :D Although, that is with the help of Photoshop.
I'm trying to find somewhere to buy a decent pair of reusable sideburns, but I can't find anywhere.

ZenFrost
01-17-2007, 04:18 AM
Hassle. I'm a kind of person who could never stand the hassle of makeup so I never wore it. As a guy I like facial hair, but I'm just so darn lazy that I hardly ever do it. It's like: go through trouble to put it on, make sure that while it's on I don't do anything that could knock it off, and then go through trouble getting it off. I just don't want to be taking the time to be standing in front of a mirror fixing my fake beard to my face when it'd be much easier to just not have one.

But boy would I love to have a goatee. Just a goatee... if only there wasn't so much hassle.

Kieron Andrew
01-17-2007, 04:34 AM
But boy would I love to have a goatee. Just a goatee... if only there wasn't so much hassle.
thats me! id love just a goatee, ive been fixated on one since i was a kid

CaptLex
01-17-2007, 10:43 AM

Me too! Me too! :jumping:

In fact, I keep trying to grow just that part of my facial hair - but wouldn't you know it? It's the part that grows the slowest and thinnest. I'm still trying, though. I think goatees are sooooo sexy! :D

Felix
01-17-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm with The Rev on that one I like the clean shaven look! xx Felix :hugs: