PDA

View Full Version : Shopping on-line or in person

Chloe Jean
01-16-2007, 04:34 AM
Girls ,when You shop for dresses, makeup, etc do you shop in person or online?
I have bought some makeup online but sure that I'm chooseing the right foundation/colors. I love to have the help of a salesgirl in choosing right makeup and clothes but am very shy. If any of you girls know of Tg friendly either in Philadelphia or NYC please let me know.
hugs
Amelia

Amanda Jane
01-16-2007, 04:38 AM
never bought anything on the net, (or before that, mail order) never will / life is live, shopping should be too

Andrea_girl
01-16-2007, 04:40 AM
I do both.

I shop with my SO in drab for clothes and make up.

And I shop on line on my own.

Andrea
X

Helen MC
01-16-2007, 04:41 AM
I buy on the Internet as much as is possible, I don't like shopping in person for anything, far less female clothing and undies. I suppose that is one of the more male aspects of my character, most males hate shopping of any kind.

Kristen Kelly
01-16-2007, 04:51 AM
I would perfer to shop in person but shoes can't always find the right size or other things Im looking for so there is always online.

Amanda Shaft
01-16-2007, 04:56 AM
Hi Amelia, Funny enough I went down to the shops in drab mode the other day and really struggled to buy any girly things. I find it realy hard to browse the clothes, to be able to take the time to asess, you know hold them up to the light or yourself etc. Like you say make up is another pain, I think I'm working on the princple of trial and error: one day I will randomly pick up the right shade and the right brand for me, asking the shop girl would be so much quicker (and cheaper) if I could just bring my self to do it! So most of my clothes tend to come through mail order, which to be fair is a lot better than it ever used to be with the internet and all. Once again though its an enclosed, non enclussive, anti social way of doing things which further oppitomises the in 'the closet' nature of my world! I realy should get over these hang ups, it would make things a lot more fun but it's easier said than done isn't it!??
Amanda

Joy Carter
01-16-2007, 05:28 AM
I had one really bad experience years ago. I was all but accosted by two young sales ladies at Penny's. Just because the "big bad man was buying panties". Can you imagine ? My shopping for clothes is mostly on line, though I send half of it back because of fit. I had computer problems a couple of times so I ordered by phone. The one girl was so nervous that I felt sorry for her.The next time I got this super sales woman who tried to sell me everything in the catalog. She made me feel really great by the way she catered to me. I have been out dressed once shopping and I'm planning to do some shopping here soon while dressed. I don't shop locally though. So do pull up you pantie hose and get out there and shop. :D

susie evans
01-16-2007, 01:25 PM
shopp in person it's much more fun and you can try on things before you buy wich is a big plus also :heehee:

susie

celeste26
01-16-2007, 01:48 PM
I can buy a dress for about $10 or even less and try it on before I buy it.

JoAnnDallas
01-16-2007, 01:51 PM
I have shopped both ways, online and in person while in drab. One of my goals this year is to go shopping en fem.

Samantha Jane Foster
01-16-2007, 01:57 PM
I like shopping with my mom because it feels like a mom/daughter shopping day-- getting ready, driving to the mall, going through all the racks, then later on stopping at a favorite restaurant, with tired feet but lots of fun stuff in big bags that say 'Macy's', 'Nordstrom', 'TJ Maxx' locked in the trunk.

Butterfly Bill
01-16-2007, 03:39 PM
I'll buy it online only if I can't find it in a store. (a full length quilted coat in XXL, polyester long sleeve caftan, Hanes hose in "gentlebrown" color, for recent examples). There is no real substitute for actually trying something on.

ALL stores, especially in places like Philadelphia or NYC, are TG friendly, if the TGs have money to buy stuff.

Karren H
01-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Always in person! Its sooo much more fun that way!!!

Love Karren

Kenix
01-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Almost all my clothes are bought online. I probably returned enough stuff to be on their "black list." :D

hotbobbie
01-16-2007, 04:49 PM
I do both. For shoes i buy at Zappos but the rest is in person.

Crissy65
01-16-2007, 04:55 PM
I shop on line and hope it fits. I buy mostly lingerie. I enjoy shoping with wife in drab. I love to find identical lacies in both our sizes.

Karen Edmonton
01-16-2007, 05:45 PM
When I first started out , I shopped in drab for my "" girlfriend !"" But for the last 20+ years , I have always shopped enfemme ! There is nothing like trying on the outfit before buying it !!!! LOL

mia kialy
01-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Always on line, there's so much out there, thank God for the net!

Glenda58
01-16-2007, 09:26 PM
In person always Macy's, Dress Barn and J C Penny are friendly to TGs.

Rachel Morley
01-16-2007, 09:45 PM
I have bought some clothes that I found I had more choices for online (like my French Maid's outfit and my corset) but I have to say 99% of the time I always shop in person at stores in the various malls.

Jenn S.
01-16-2007, 09:57 PM
My ultimate goal, besides getting into a size 8 dress, is to be able to pass completely while shopping anywhere. I absolutely LOVE to shop when I'm out of the house. Anyway, I buy most of my unmentionables online, but go out, mostly in drab, to buy women's jeans, tops, shoes, and the like.

Miss Terr
01-16-2007, 11:31 PM
I do both...

bobbielynn
01-16-2007, 11:39 PM
i tend to do both. i tend to find a reason to go shopping with a female and just eye stuff in the women's section. then go alone and buy what i liked. have yet to go out dressed. when online and just not doing much of anything i check out online stores and order if i find something.

Rita Knight
01-17-2007, 07:38 AM
It depends on the item. I hate big shopping malls. About the only stores I shop for Rita are Avenue, Ashley Stewart and Harmons (for most makeup). Most of my clothes and wigs are bought online or through catalogs. I do go to a wig store to have them styled.

GinaVegas
01-18-2007, 01:58 AM
The few clothes that I have so far have been from eBay. My wife has suggested that we maybe get some things at the Burlington Coat Factory since it may be cheaper (without the postage). As for high heels, it's all about eBay again....and there are some good sellers with pretty decent prices there!

Gina

ChristyS
01-21-2007, 10:47 PM
I shop online as much as I can. I waffle as to how comfortable I am shopping for femme things when en drab. I often can find great buys on both clothes and makeup on Ebay...and there are wonderful beaded gowns and the like there as well.

Marlena Dahlstrom
01-22-2007, 01:23 AM
I prefer to buy in person, but given the frequently-poor selection in plus size, I often check out specialty retailers online.

As has been mentioned, you probably won't encounter any problems at major stores in the NYC or Philly area -- since they're smart enough to realize that a sale is a sale. If you ever have a problem with a sales clerk, just ask for the manager, who will generally set them straight.

Bobbie Jo
01-22-2007, 05:51 AM
Since my separation, i don't ask my X to buy anything for me anymore.Christmas time was my time to buy me a whole lot of things.Everything i buy is online and so far i've been pretty lucky with the sizes.There is a bunch of outfits that i don't think would look good on me and mabey i should take Jennifers opnion and drive a couples of hours from the house and buy anything i want,and really not worry about what all the women are thinking.Because their never going to see me anymore.But i really dont want to go en-fem,so would you try on that dress or skirt while your in drab or what? I still think it would pretty scarey.I think i need to meet another Xdresser and then mabey both of us go enfem,now that would be exciting,don't you think.I'm getting all excited just thinking about it.

Mandy Salamander
01-22-2007, 06:12 AM
i doo both,,, truly love shopping in person, 'specially if i can doo soo en femme!!,,, but,,, see no reason t' stop shopping just because th' stores are all closed,,, i suppose thats why i have over 300 pairs o' shoes!!,,,,,,,, also, ebay 's been absolutely fabulous for finding those go-go girl minidresses i adore!!!

ellieparsons
01-22-2007, 08:46 AM
the majority of my shopping is online, but i still do some shopping in stores.

TammyGurl
01-22-2007, 12:34 PM
i've always brought female clothing alone and as guy mode

it was hard at first but as long as i didn't meet/see any one i know
it's okay

Marianna Julianna
01-22-2007, 12:49 PM
I prefer to shop in person (with my wife alongside to stem my enthusiasm) but we don't get much chance, so perforce I tend to do a lot on line. I've found some lovely stuff on e-bay, in internet sales like your/size up and Evans and even in the catalogue places. I never pay full price for anything though, if I can help it. It is my dream (same as a lot of the girls I'm sure) to go out with my wife but of course with me as Marianna, not 'him', it seems unlikely to happen but what is life without hope and dreams?