PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever had a hormone test?

StephanieH
01-16-2007, 08:52 AM
+? Okay, I'm asking this one because I'm gonna' go press my doctor for one Thursday and just wanted to know if anyone ever had one before. I've had an on-going problem with the "boys" - epidymitus - for the last year and a half and I think it's seriously affected my testosterone levels. Anybody ever had a problem with that? Hopefully not - it ain't no fun! :eek:

Just curious, still depressed, haven't dressed in a long time now and very frustrated about it because my desire to is stronger than ever. Oh well, maybe things will get better, wifey keeps promising they will and so far, not so much. :rolleyes: :sad:

Best wishes to all!
Randi

Peggy55
01-16-2007, 09:02 AM
+? Okay, I'm asking this one because I'm gonna' go press my doctor for one Thursday and just wanted to know if anyone ever had one before. I've had an on-going problem with the "boys" - epidymitus - for the last year and a half and I think it's seriously affected my testosterone levels. Anybody ever had a problem with that? Hopefully not - it ain't no fun! :eek:

Just curious, still depressed, haven't dressed in a long time now and very frustrated about it because my desire to is stronger than ever. Oh well, maybe things will get better, wifey keeps promising they will and so far, not so much. :rolleyes: :sad:

Best wishes to all!
Randi

Hi Randi. Yes, I've had the same problem. Don't think the two were related but I once was diagnosed with epidymitus and more recently tested and had low testosterone. That test happened about the same time as I started crossdressing......hmmmmm? Are the boys not stepping up to the plate so to speak because of it?

Peggy

kittypw GG
01-16-2007, 09:28 AM
I have tested my hubby's testosterone and found it to be to the high end of normal. I don't think testosterone levels have anything to do with the urge to crossdress. I have also never seen any studies to that effect either. :hugs: Kitty

Raychel
01-16-2007, 10:28 AM
I am pretty sure that my wife would say that there is no problems with hormones here either. She is always telling me to get away from her. :heehee: :heehee:

Charolette time
01-16-2007, 11:35 AM

Best wishes to all!
Randi

:2c: Didnt ask for one but when i was diognosed for Breast cancer that was one of the results that came up and mine was very high fo estrogen, I dont know if it goes with cross dressing, I do know that Ive always had small hands and feet, but stand 6,2/1/2 go figure, good luck with your tests Charolette

gianna25
01-16-2007, 11:53 AM
I have tested my hubby's testosterone and found it to be to the high end of normal. I don't think testosterone levels have anything to do with the urge to crossdress. I have also never seen any studies to that effect either. :hugs: Kitty

I agree with kitty.....I have never had mine tested but i know mine is high, especially when working out intensely. So i dont think that has anything to do with desire to dress. But intersting theory.
;-)

wabnaok
01-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Randi, I was tested last year. My testosterone level was low for my age, but I do not think this has anything to do with cd'ing. The doctor had suggested T-Hormones, but he also mentioned there were possible risks with prostrate cancer, etc. I chose not to go down this path and my wife agreed. I have never had any issue with epidymitus.

janedoe311
01-16-2007, 03:22 PM
So I will suggest a hormone test. Not sure if it is part of the battery of tests.

renee99
01-16-2007, 06:23 PM
I would imagine too little testosterone (in a male gendered brain) would lead to depression while too much would lead to compulsive tendencies. Both of which crossdressing can be a response to, but not necessarily caused by.

Joy Carter
01-16-2007, 06:47 PM
My test came back at the low end of the scale, what ever that meant. My MD said HRT could help with my depression. Some of his other patients report a feeling of well being once on the injections. Hmmm. Seventy five a shot ? Once a month ? That would by a really nice pair of heels.:D