PDA

View Full Version : Who's responsible

Michelle 51
01-17-2007, 09:41 AM
We all dress for different reason's but i think we all agree that the feel of silk ,lace,etc is part of it.All through history men wore what today is considered sissy cloth's untill a hundred years ago or so and now it does'nt matter if your wearing a thousand dollar suit or a pair of jeans you only get to wear drab undercloths .Women can dress up and be sexy and we get to wear drab undercloth's.I mean wow hard to beat the feel of men's heavy cotton brief's right.Who changed the rule's Any thoughs Justabit

Marla S
01-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Who changed the rule's Any thoughs Justabit
Actually the rules have not been changed and responsible is history (maybe religion).
Men's and women's clothes most always were different. If today women would wear boxers and men laced panties, we'd probalby go for the boxers and tell everyone how comfortable they are (from an anatomically point of view, boxers should indeed rather be women's wear; and they have been in a way).
A piece of clothes always has a social or fashion connotation. Without that it's just for covering nudity.
What might have changed is that women's fashion broadened, meaning there are more feminine styles today (very fem to masculine). To keep things separated men's fashion almost necessarily had to be more restricted, not to cause confusion, due to the connotation each piece has. I think the term "unisex" was invented, because otherwise men would have to go nude quite often, due to a lack of non-feminine options left.

In the past the more decorative (upper class) men's fashion has been a sign of power and money. This is still the case, though today it is more the label (BOSS, Gucci) that serves that purpose instead of decorations. In the past women have been kind of a decoration for men too, with the lucky coincidence, that the women liked to decorate themselve often too. The latter is still the case today too, though today they have the freedom to gently reject it, and go for comfort.

Clothes and their connotation in relation to CDig only can be appraised within the actual situation in a certain culture. Inter-time and inter-culture appraisal don't help here, cause there is no lace-gene or skirt-gene.

Melinda
01-17-2007, 10:44 AM
I love Marlas explanation. I had never thought about the idea that an expansion of women's fashions meant a corresponding constriction of mens wear. Not that it matters. If our issue was truly about choice and not gender expression we'd be crusading for kilts and puffy pirate shirts or whatever. I am pretty sure that, at least for most of us, it's about being feminine and not truly about the fabrics and style choices. If men wore skirts and frilly panties and women wore jeans and boxers I'd be sneaking around with plaid cotton boxers under my skirt and have a secret stash of jeans. :)

Karren H
01-17-2007, 11:05 AM
If men were allowed to wear sexy lingerie all the time then what would be the fun of crossdressing?? Ohhhh. And I love my cotton Hanes mid-rise briefs... Good enough for Michael Jordan!! Even wore them yesterday under my padded panties when I went out enfemme for the morning!! :) Hanes - I feel good all under!! Hehe

Love Karren

Kate Simmons
01-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Karren feels good all under, I feel good all over. I've been Rich the last two days and been enjoying it. Good grief, I hope this isn't some kind of "pattern". Haven't even shaved for God's sake. Geez, I'm starting to get a little nervous. Maybe this retirement has fried my brain.:p

JulieC
01-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Karren feels good all under, I feel good all over. I've been Rich the last two days and been enjoying it. Good grief, I hope this isn't some kind of "pattern". Haven't even shaved for God's sake. Geez, I'm starting to get a little nervous. Maybe this retirement has fried my brain.:p

Ericka,

Put on two coats of lip gloss and call me in the morning. You need help, and fast. Put down the whitey-tighties and back s l o w l y away!

:lol:

-BB

PS: And for &%^$'s sake shave. You're gross :happy:

CaptLex
01-17-2007, 12:54 PM
now it does'nt matter if your wearing a thousand dollar suit or a pair of jeans you only get to wear drab undercloths .Women can dress up and be sexy and we get to wear drab undercloth's.
Only if you want to . . . I have colorful silk and satin boxers. No tidy whiteys in my drawer at all. :p