PDA

View Full Version : Danger of shaving

FROCKYHORROR
01-17-2007, 12:26 PM
I've been battling for years to come to terms with crossdressing and self acceptance etc but for me i just have to have a break now and then,as it becomes too much of a preoccupation and practicly all other areas of my life get negleted...When i do it, i mostly need to be completely femme..and that includes shaving and tanning...If i don't shave i tend to have the activity under better balance..i can be a man at day, woman at night....i can get things done and i feel i can relate better to people..family..friends..collegues things seem better when they're compartmentalised etc...however the urge for that extra bit of feminity eventually takes over and i shave..when that happens..i tend to want to stay in femme mode,ie panties 24/7...its been like this for 3 wks now...one side of me is cursing myself for shaving "see what you done, now you got to stay in femme mode now, your family won't hear from you, your friends will wonder why you won't call or answer the phone"..the other side is saying "This is just what i needed, now i feel more of a woman"...for some reason once i've shaved its allmost like being in "drab" is the crossdressing...No particular question here realy just airing my maddness hoping someone can relate perhaps...the family/friends/collegues thing is the shame aspect...when cding i feel like an outcast and so kind of hide away till the episide blows over....right now i'm at that state where a break is due cos its got a bit out of control,been enjoying it rather too much,taking more risks nipping outside etc..I wish i could just keep in one constant state rather than all this flipping back and forth...

Dominique Melt
01-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Frocky,

I know well what you are experiencing. But from my added years, I've come to accept my other self and I have only the problem of not being en femme as much as I want. You must find that place where your needs and desires are balanced. If you have made it this far, i.e., keeping a steady job and steady interpersonal relationships while exploring and indulging in your CDing, then I would hazard to guess that you are coping well. I think you are letting other anxieties filter down into the FrockyHorror realm and they are compounding your angst.

tommi
01-17-2007, 12:53 PM
I think this is normal I go through alot of this especialy when I'm stressed out
it gives me a release that I don't normally find any where else.

janedoe311
01-17-2007, 02:05 PM
For men to be "hairless". It was on TV men are getting waxed at in larger numbers. Of CD'ing side effects hairlessness is the least thing to worry about.

I have shaved because I get glue and paint on me when working on the house and do not like pulling off hair to remove it. I have had to shave my arms to get the glue and paint off.

I see many hairless men on the beaches and pools so it does not get noticed.

I prefer it, find body hair unattractive and down right gross.

Swimmers shave/wax and men with an overly amount of hair.

So shave without guilt. Make up a story if neccessary. I doubt anyone would notice anyway.

JoAnnDallas
01-17-2007, 02:10 PM
I shave my legs, chest, and arms. No one notices, even my wife doesn't notice and she does not know about my fem side. Then too, I am part native american and we tend not to have a lot of hair anyway. LOL

Kimberley
01-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Well, I dont hold up any signs for people to read including my family. Come the warmer weather, I will ease off for a few months but as soon as it starts getting cooler, off it all comes. No biggie.

Now as to the other side of the coin, you just might want to talk to a counsellor to help you sort some of this out. I think a lot of us have previously been where you currently are now and I know that for me it has worked miracles. I can still balance my life (albeit with difficulty because I am TG/TS).

For me it is the outward signs of skin care and hair etc that occasionally get a question... as in when are you going to cut it? (After I dye it dear)

:hugs:
Kimberley

cathie
01-17-2007, 04:35 PM
I remove the hair over my entire body except my head which is very short as well. I'm lucky to have an excuse for being a tri-athlete and cyclist but it can be difficult in other situations. I've been removing my hair for years and I now hate it when the hair comes back in after awhile. I stopped worrying about what others thought years ago. I'm happy as me, screw society.

darling_felicity
01-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Shaving or waxing has really helped set me free. I love my smooth soft legs, it's a bit of Felicity that I can have with me 24/7 to tide me over until I can dress again. I'm looking forwad to having a professional full body wax when my wife goes overseas in a few months. I'm just glad I did it in summer, my legs were quite hairy and after shaving they are sooooo white. I used taking up cycling as an excuse but really who cares? Cycling is good though, it keeps the legs in great shape, I'll never be ultra femme so I'm going to be the athletically feminine type. Maybe a bit like Amelie Mauresmo the French tennis player.

luv Felicity

Kristen Kelly
01-17-2007, 05:29 PM
My shaving set me free, It make it easier to accept just who I am. I love the feel of shaved legs and the hair has gotten thinner and finer since I started shaving,

Sasha Anne Meadows
01-17-2007, 06:49 PM
I have a routine where I shave eveything every morning. Takes maybe 15 min. now. No big deal. If you shave every day it is pretty easy.