PDA

View Full Version : Do you use men's deoderants (FTM ONLY)

Kieron Andrew
01-17-2007, 03:11 PM
I thought id copy the girls and ask the above question here??

as stated this is a FTM Question ONLY!

Me I use men's only......have done for years, my favourite is the LYNX or Adidas range

Felix
01-17-2007, 04:18 PM
When I was younger teenage years I used to love Old Spice aftershave infact anything Old Spice. Then I went for neutral stuff for years, now I occasionally wear my sons but still wear neutral a lot xx Felix :hugs:

Kieron Andrew
01-17-2007, 04:20 PM
When I was younger teenage years I used to love Old Spice aftershave infact anything Old Spice. Then I went for neutral stuff for years, now I occasionally wear my sons but still wear neutral a lot xx Felix :hugs:
:eek: :eek: :eek: OLD SPICE!!!!! yuck!! lol:tongueout

Felix
01-17-2007, 04:26 PM
I know it makes me cringe when I think about it now but then it was all the rage ya know about 27 yrs ago :heehee: xx Felix :hugs:

Kieron Andrew
01-17-2007, 04:28 PM
it was all the rage ya know about 27 yrs ago :heehee:

i wouldnt know i was just a wee nipper then :heehee: :tongueout

pocoyo
01-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Hehe yes I do use men's deoderant.
I also use female deoderant too when I fancy it. I guess I just use whatever feels appropriate at the time! I have women's deoderant that was bought for me as a present a while ago, so sometimes I use that. I also have men's that I bought myself. Always have used mens on and off (used boyfriends'/bought it for myself etc).

Whatever, whenever the mood strikes!

I use unisex perfume/cologne/scent...whatever it's called.
I also have some aftershave which I sometimes use, but it's not a very nice one so I don't use it too often, I have been meaning to get a nicer one for ages.

Kieron Andrew
01-17-2007, 04:42 PM
I also have some aftershave which I sometimes use, but it's not a very nice one so I don't use it too often, I have been meaning to get a nicer one for ages.
try hugo boss! or davidoff - game

pocoyo
01-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Cool! I'll give them a smell ;) Hehe
It's funny 'cos I've had the female versions of those brands bought for me before!

Just remembered that I used to wear my exes' aftershaves too sometimes.

RevMoonSerpent
01-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Like Poc I use both but lately I have been using mens more.

Adam
01-17-2007, 07:07 PM
yep my after shave is hugo boss :D

and deodorant is nivea dry for men :D

CaptLex
01-17-2007, 09:54 PM
I use Mitchum for Men, which works great. I usually don't use aftershave, as I prefer aloe to soothe razor burns, but if I do use one it's Aramis. I love the smell of Aramis. :happy: Maybe it's a generational thing.

jsoto81
01-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Lets see, I can distinctly remember when I was about 5 using my dad's old spice spray whenever I'd go into the bathroom or go by the bathroom, and they'd always ask who was playing with the deoderant. Mostly because I wanted to be like my dad and I loved the smell of it. But now I use either Axe (Phoenix) or mens speed stick.

Abraxas
01-17-2007, 11:55 PM
I use Degree for men. Although I've run the gauntlet-- Old Spice, Adidas, Speed Stick, you name it, I've tried it. Degree is the only thing that works for me. And I like the smell, too, which is nice.

John
01-18-2007, 05:51 AM
I use LINX, and I've bean meaning to get an aftershave for a while (when I have more monny, I think). I still have girls bodyspray I was given for christmass (and my brother got the same beodrent I use, ironick, no?) but it's a visual ade only, I'd never use it again. Smell is actually a much more important sence than most people think. It's hardwired directly into the section of the brain that deals with emotion, so if you smell like a girl, no matter what someone sees, they're emotions will be trying to react a as if you where a girl; and the same if you smell like a boy. (It's not a simple as that, but you get the picture).

Evert
01-18-2007, 02:46 PM
I use deodorant with has absolutly no scent at all...

My brother uses AXE and it smell just horrible!!!! :mad:

Dasein9
01-19-2007, 01:26 PM
Right Guard Sport Cool. The scent is very important. And I shave my peach fuzz with Edge gel. My soap is sandalwood citrus, and it's expensive stuff, so I age it before using by leaving it unwrapped in my sock and t-shirt drawers. It lasts longer that way and makes the drawers smell good. Scent is important. I kind of like smelling like wool and tobacco and men's deodorant.

privateperks
01-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Wow, I love old spice. Guess I must be about 30 years before my time then. heh heh heh.

Anyhow, I don't use deo except "the rock" because everything else seems to give me a really nasty rash.

Lex
01-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Nope, because deoderants are probably made to work with certain hormones, and I don't think I have the hormones to work with a mens' deoderant. So I just use a hypo-allergic womens' deoderant, because it doesn't smell like anything.

bi_weird
01-24-2007, 10:06 AM
So I just use a hypo-allergic womens' deoderant, because it doesn't smell like anything.
OMW Isn't scented deoderant the most annoying thing?! And they have the stupidest scents. "Shower fresh" "Powder". What the heck do those smell like and how are they different?!?! Don't even get me started on the flowery ones...that area doesn't grow flowers, why should it smell that way?
So yes, I use women's deoderant. I've thought about switching, though, just 'cause it may be easier to get unscented on the men's side.

Dasein9
01-24-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm finding the men's deodorant works better. I think that hooplah about pH balance and hormones is more marketing than actual science...

ZenFrost
01-27-2007, 12:36 AM
I use a scent free, sensitive skin woman's deodorant because, yes, I have sensitive skin. But lately I've been eyeing some of the men's stuff because it smells so good (as opposed to many woman's stuff which smells like flowers). I'm a little iffy about trying one though because I don't want to have an allergic reaction and I'm not sure what would cause it.

pocoyo
02-02-2007, 08:47 AM
I have a new one (yes for men) .. rollon to try to be less damaging to the environment... anyway, I just took my coat off after walking my dog and I noticed that I smell gooorggeooouus! lol! Yummm....

xmyheart
02-04-2007, 12:52 AM
i use those Gilette series ClearGel deoderants that you find at costco, lol.

Taylor105
02-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Well, I guess I am just like Lex. I have tried using guys deoderants and they work for a short time. Like a couple of weeks. Then I start smelling like a walking pit!! I wonder if it isn't the Ph balance thing. So I now use women's with no scent.

Ryan
02-10-2007, 12:41 PM
I always wear 'Lynx dry', more often than not it is 'Africa' I cant get on with any other deo, including the normal Lynx spray, only 'dry' for me :)